Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I did nine years of university across three degrees to become a teacher. I am acutely aware of what professional communication looks like, because I needed to use it for years in university assignments and now near-constantly with colleagues and parents as a professional. I'm not even talking about the poor grammar of this response, because yes, it's super obvious that the native language of whoever wrote that is français. I'm multilingual as well and I can guarantee you that my Punjabi sounds like that letter does to a native speaker. Probably worse.

What makes it unprofessional is a laundry list of minor things which all should have been edited and fixed before a customer ever saw this. The lack of proper spelling (when even browsers these days have automatic spellchecking), along with being unable to spell context-specific vocabulary is unprofessional. There is no excuse for misspelling "azerite" twice when that word should be the same in every language and has been in general circulation of wow's vocabulary for nearly three years. The fact that it has nearly zero formatting is unprofessional. Every sentence is its own paragraph. The few sentences which have punctuation aren't even using it as punctuation; it's being used as emojis instead. There's no consistency to capitalization.

This letter looks like it was typed en français directly into google translate on a phone, and the resulting google mess copied into an email without being proofread. It should have never seen the light of day.

That is why it is unprofessional.
    So did I, and I now work in the medical profession. I guess it all depends what people consider to be professional, along with the context and setting that it's in. Does it look good? Not 100%, no. Is it "unprofessional"? Not completely. Missing a letter each from two words really isn't that big of a deal - whenever humans are involved it's never going to be 100% perfect. Clearly the person responding isn't a first-language English speaker, but also going by the location of some of the Blizzard offices that's neither surprising nor wrong. Could this have been at the end of someones shift? Could they be tired/exhausted/sleep deprived? Who knows. The response was completely understandable and easy to follow/understand what they were giving, so no, it's not unprofessional at all. Apart from a few small typos it still used proper and appropriate language for a response. It's really not that serious. It just seems like they had to use a French non-native English member of staff, more than likely due to a lack of staff (given the current pandemic we're in). There's so many factors that go into this, so it's really not that bad. I guess it just requires some amount of understanding, which is something not everybody has!
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2020-05-31 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Hello guys,

So I wanted to share this with you. Not because my problem wasn't solved (I somewhat knew that before hand, it really was my fault), but because of the quality of the response. When a GM doens't know fundamental names of the current game it's really kind of silly.

From a company like Blizzard you don't expect this I think. You would expect a little more professionality right?

And no this isn't a bash to modern World of Warcraft. Unpopular opinion, but I really enjoy BfA and looking forward to Shadowlands as well. It's just that this is beneath the quality and standards of Blizzard.
    Fake. /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Hahaha holy shit I can’t even understand half of what this Gm says. Blizzard are a small indie company after all so it’s expected.

It’s seriously hilarious when you compare how the GM service of vanilla was actually better than it is now. I remember my guild getting glitches in raids and I could open a ticket and get a response in ten minutes flat. They’d even come to our raid to help ensure it was fixed. Now that I think about things, I haven’t had a Gm actually message me in game in years. They just write shit in the ticket and say sorry we can’t help you.
    While there are grammar and spelling mistakes, if you're unable to understand anything the GM said then that says more about you than him. It's still easily understand by anyone with an IQ over 75.

You saying you could get a response in 10 minutes back then it's just absolute and complete bullshit. I've never not had a GM message me in game when I make a ticket IF I'm online. I only ever get the email type response when I'm offline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Ok legal advice was an extreme example.

My point remains if you complain to the power company about an error on your bill you don't (or shouldn't) expect a response 18 weeks late on a sweat-stained rag written in crayon in the hand of a 5-year-old because your bill is only $300. Whereas the fish and chip shop next door gets a response in cursive embossed in gold leaf because their bill is $1500.
    There is a minimum level of professional acceptability.
    You admit it was an extreme example and then just give another, perhaps even more, extreme example. You're really bad at this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    It shows a lack of professionalism and how much this company cares about actualy hiring people that can't even spell to deal with customers...its like going to a restaurant where the cook cant cook properly and always burns the food or something
    No. It's not. You go to a restaurant to eat food. That's literally the entire purpose of it. Blizzard's entire purpose isn't existing to have perfect grammar and spelling when responding to dumb fucks making tickets for stupid reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I agree with you in relation to the fact that I have no idea what the hell the GM is saying.
    Maybe it's you who has a problem with comprehension then. It's easily understandable. Can you point to a specific part of the response that you don't understand? We'll help you out.

- - - Updated - - -

They are EXACTLY the same thing. Professional communication is professional communication, regardless of the context or industry.
    Except one is entirely dependent on having a firm grasp of the language in which you are doing legal work in.

But yeah sure, same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I did nine years of university across three degrees to become a teacher. I am acutely aware of what professional communication looks like, because I needed to use it for years in university assignments and now near-constantly with colleagues and parents as a professional. I'm not even talking about the poor grammar of this response, because yes, it's super obvious that the native language of whoever wrote that is français. I'm multilingual as well and I can guarantee you that my Punjabi sounds like that letter does to a native speaker. Probably worse.

What makes it unprofessional is a laundry list of minor things which all should have been edited and fixed before a customer ever saw this. The lack of proper spelling (when even browsers these days have automatic spellchecking), along with being unable to spell context-specific vocabulary is unprofessional. There is no excuse for misspelling "azerite" twice when that word should be the same in every language and has been in general circulation of wow's vocabulary for nearly three years. The fact that it has nearly zero formatting is unprofessional. Every sentence is its own paragraph. The few sentences which have punctuation aren't even using it as punctuation; it's being used as emojis instead. There's no consistency to capitalization.

This letter looks like it was typed en français directly into google translate on a phone, and the resulting google mess copied into an email without being proofread. It should have never seen the light of day.

Imagine wasting nine years of your life to willingly become a teacher.

You know what they say though "those that can, do. Those that can't..."

Maybe the GM had dyslexia. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's not that they are not helpful, they certainly are.
    i mean more in the way of: they can't help anymore with things they could help with a year orso ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord what a petty thing to make a thread about.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    You admit it was an extreme example and then just give another, perhaps even more, extreme example. You're really bad at this."
    No, my first comparison was extreme because the distance between GM and lawyer is vast. My second example was exaggerated for clarity but the actual position in question were both customer service facing.

Imagine wasting nine years of your life to willingly become a teacher.
    You know what they say though "those that can, do. Those that can't..."
    Which is hilariously incorrect, pretty much every academic that works at a university is expected to teach at some point in their career.

Looks like we found the checkout chick, what's the matter did someone ask to speak to the manager today?

I miss the terrible dad jokes and the in game messages.

Its been streamlined and far to often that means cutting away at the core of what makes it special.

Quote Originally Posted by reanimatez View Post
    all the good ones got laid off xD
    I was wondering how long this fake news would take to appear. Page 2, usually arrives sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very Karen thread.

No, my first comparison was extreme because the distance between GM and lawyer is vast. My second example was exaggerated for clarity but the actual position in question were both customer service facing.

Which is hilariously incorrect, pretty much every academic that works at a university is expected to teach at some point in their career.

Looks like we found the checkout chick, what's the matter did someone ask to speak to the manager today?
    Nah, I actually use the degree I earned rather than teaching others who will probably surpass me and go on to actually use their degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Back in vanilla when there was far few blizzard games and players we had faster response times" ok... yeah?

also maybe you havent had a gm speak to you ingame cause you arnt on when the ticket completes?
    if you are and it has to do with something ingame they will messege you.
    You think in 2006 there was less players playing than they have in 2020? They had 8 million subs in vanilla by the time TBC rolled out. They aren't at 8 million now. If they were at 8 million now the game would be a juggernaut like it was... in 2006. Also youre ignoring the fact that they have far more employees now and FAAAARRRRRRRRR more money than they did in 2006. So yeah it's absurd for their customer support system to be worse than it was 15 years ago.

I actually don't understand why some people on this forum cannot accept any single criticism of Blizzard at all. I get that its tiresome when you got morons who have been shitting on them for years for EVERYTHING, but customer support is something that should be high priority in an MMORPG. As I said to another guy, Blizzard used to be renowned for their superb support. They were the GOAT for it. Contrary to what the one guy said to me above, I did in actuality get responses within 10 minutes once upon a time. It wasn't as common as the usual time was about an hour back then. But if you were raiding, stuck, or in a dungeon they would respond in minutes. I remember the time my guild Peekay had Battleguard Sartura bug out in AQ40 in 2006. She wouldn't move back to her starting location and would chain aggro everyone who entered AQ40 or resurrected. It was hilarious, but a huge problem for us trying to raid. So we had to open tickets, and a GM contacted me as the first guy to open a ticket super fast. He told me he would watch as I zoned in, and he did. He was floating in front of us watching with <GM> above his name. He removed her and then respawned her for us no problemo. I still have a picture of the guy because I ran into him again on an alt later on when he appeared in Orgrimmar again with <GM> in his name. I even have a picture of that moment on my photobucket still which was the only time in my 15+ years playing that I've seen a GM inside a major city.

~SNIP~
    Going to take your pathetic insults aside for now. But no it is not bullshit. I would fucking know. I'm not the only one who got GMs in 10 minutes. How the hell do you think we got them to come fix our raids for us when shit happened? We didn't just call it and log out for the night haha. If you put the word URGENT in your ticket, your ticket was set as a priority. This would get a response near instantly, and it was the case up until mid Cataclysm when the cat went out of the bag. Seriously looking at your entire post here is weird. You're spending all your time attacking people personally over something on WoW. You need to calm down dude. Making fun of a guy for being a teacher? Really?
    Last edited by Beet; 2020-06-02 at 04:53 AM.

The ticket queue is backed up due to COVID. Europe has multiple languages each with their own GM's. Is it so hard to see that in order to process the ticket queue faster they've got GM's who can speak adequate English(although not as their first language) picking up extra tickets?

You have to be some kind of special knuckledragger to have your issue attended to and then create a thread here because the correspondence wasn't in perfect English. String the two brain cells you have left together and try to workout why a non-native English speaker might be handling your tickets.

This whole thread is a clusterfuck of stupidity as per usual, stay classy mmo-chumps.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2020-06-02 at 04:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    May your next GM interaction be in 0w0 speech!

Can I just say anyone saying the OP is in the wrong for (reasonably) expecting a response from a paid service run by a multibillion-dollar organisation to have correct spelling (and ideally grammar) are being needlessly contrarian imo.

How would you like it if I sent you a letter of legal advice with multiple spelling and grammar errors?
    That really depends on what kind of service people are expecting in return.

If you walked into a game shop looking for a game, would you prefer to be served by a person in a suit, describing the various attributes of the game, the reviews, the FPS, the sounds etc.

Or would you prefer a person in a t-shirt telling how cool game is, how he/she played it, their friends played it, show a demo etc.

It's missing an "uwu" or "owo" in that response... /gag

I'm not even talking about the poor grammar of this response, because yes, it's super obvious that the native language of whoever wrote that is français. I'm multilingual as well and I can guarantee you that my Punjabi sounds like that letter does to a native speaker. Probably worse.
    For someone who is multilingual, then then you should be aware that different languages have different formatting rules.

There is no excuse for misspelling "azerite" twice when that word should be the same in every language and has been in general circulation of wow's vocabulary for nearly three years.
    I had no idea that "azerite" has been entered into every languages' dictionary.

The fact that it has nearly zero formatting is unprofessional. Every sentence is its own paragraph. The few sentences which have punctuation aren't even using it as punctuation; it's being used as emojis instead. There's no consistency to capitalization.

Maybe so. But also consider this. How long do you spend on writing a professional letter? I am guessing as a GM, they probably reply to more emails per day than you.

Man, ill never understand people. Beyond words how much an ass you'd have to be.