Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stuff like this is why i shift-loot bosses in pugs and if it's something i want that would understandably upset someone if i didn't trade it, i don't loot it and let it go to my mailbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you in the right?

Yeah, sure, personal Loot and all that.

Were you a dick?

Yeah. Big time.

You can be right and be a dick. Many bosses that I worked for were.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    They ask, they don't get the answer they want, they freak out. Its childish and selfish, you aren't in a raid just to give everything to others and no one should expect it of you. Such are PUGs that the people running them end up entitled brats who cry when they don't get their way.

A person has the right to ask, and if they react a little badly to being told 'no' I could understand, but to then make such a big deal of it in raid chat and interrupt the raid with petty loot demands and end up kicking someone is as childish as it gets. No one has greater loot needs than anyone else, thinking otherwise is entitlement and should not be encouraged.
    /s

either that raid was full of entitled idiots or because you said nothing, the hunter lied about what you said to him. from the evidence given, i see nothing wrong. you got a piece of gear. there were no rules specified that you must hand over all items that aren't upgrades (which i would leave if this was stated) so nothing wrong was done. the item dropped for you, it's yours to do with it what you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Your's is less accurate as it implies the maggots observation is a greater need than the poor persons hunger. And clearly his need was less than the hunters. He didn't need that specific piece he just needed scrap.
    He clearly specified he needed an Azerite piece, to get the Titan Residuum, so he could upgrade his chest piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Shango View Post

After missing my guilds hc raid this week and sitting at ~4600 titan residium i decided to join a hc nyalotha raid to try grab any azerite piece for its scrap value. (my char is currently sitting at ilvl 475 so i dont need anything else in there) Vexiona dropped her headpiece and immideatly afterwards i got whispered by a hunter if i was so kind to trade it to him, considering i allready have Carapace Loot and would most likely not need it.

I pretty much did not react in chat, only thing i typed was that the sole reason i joined the raid in the first place was for a few shots at 200 residium so i could try get an upgrade at the azerite vendor. (i failed at that btw, not that it would matter)
    You cannot get Titan Residuum from any piece of armor EXCEPT Azerite Gear. Which is limited to Helm, Shoulders, and Chest. The OP got a Helm, broke down the piece of gear, turned in the Residuum for the random-chance chest piece.

Try again?
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are assuming that. He never stated what he exactly said.

- - - Updated - - -

That is also an assumption
    What are you talking about dude? There are screenshots showing exactly what he said and how much DPS he did. He did 100kDPS and more than half the group did 60kDPS or less. He was carrying the raid as simple as that.

But according to you, everything is an assumption, right? There are screenshots, but they could be fake, right? So still an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    You are a little selfish, but that's understandable it's not your raid group. The raid leader and hunter were childish for bringing up that you already had the helm. I have 2 of every azerite from nwc for the sole purpose or different traits and specs. I'm with the paladin your entitled to your loot.
    I disagree, its an item he purposely went in for, because he has a specific purpose for it. On top of that, 15ilvl is neither here or there it may have well been an upgrade for him as far as the hunter was concerned.

obv we don't know the facts but I think its a safe assumption the hunter kicking up the fuss and the RL were probably 2 of those 4 in the same guild
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

15+ Year Old Account
    Postmaster says hi.

there is a reason why i never loot the items from a boss body or mythic cache at the end and i just grab them from the mailbox when i go back in town! i used to trade items with others but when i saw them that most of the times people ignored me i decided to get on train aswell.

When someone ask "am i the dick" almost everytime, yes you are.
    However. In this case i would say you are not. You entered the raid for a shot at 200 residium and you got a piece in YOUR personal loot. if you rolled over someone else only to scrap it, yeah, you're the dick. But you didn't, it was your personal loot. No one else can tell you what to do with that. Can maybe be argued if you are boosted perhaps and in no way could have killed the boss on your own without help from like 15 others. But that didn't happen here.

For next time in a pug, Don't loot the item and get it mailed to you, or just tell the dude, sorry, it was a bonus roll and chances is that he won't even check

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    https://www.darklegacycomics.com/708

Anyone who reads this comic knows the guy still plays, because his comics are always up to date with the latest pains of WoW.
    It's so true as well. I absolutely dislike that people start whispering me if I got an item. I put it out on roll if I don't need it I tell them, as simple as that. The amount of "need m8" is just silly, but I do understand it somewhat, people are generally not good enough to put out stuff for rolls imo. But in the end, it's their loot, it's my loot and so on.

I just think people can be a bit more generous. Not saying the OP in this situation is wrong though, everyone is entitled to their own loot. But people are not entitled to others loot. It's a nice rule to live by in PuG life

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozi123 View Post
    What are you talking about dude? There are screenshots showing exactly what he said and how much DPS he did. He did 100kDPS and more than half the group did 60kDPS or less. He was carrying the raid as simple as that.

But according to you, everything is an assumption, right? There are screenshots, but they could be fake, right? So still an assumption.
    First off, I didn't see the screen shot until after I made that post. Never assume malice when ignorance is more valid. So get off your high horse.

Secondly, there is nothing because you likely won't listen anyway to the first point.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post

1. Titan comes from basically everywhere, from Emissaries to War fronts.

2. You trade loot you don't need, and 200 titan is an 'extremely' small amount.
    1. The amount of Titan Residuum varies depending on it's source. At his gear level, Emissaries and Warfronts would be giving, what, 445? (I definitely know Emissaries give 445, i'm ignorant about the level variance in PvP). 445 Azerite pieces give 40 residuum. Assuming that the Emissary for that day gave a piece of loot (instead of say Azerite, Gold, or Resources), he'd still be 160 residuum short. WQ Azerite pieces aren't high enough to give residuum.

Heroic Raid Azerite pieces break down to 200 residuum. That's what he went for and that's all he needed for his own personal upgrade. He got mail helm, he was good to go.

2. As above, he needed the piece of gear, just not for what for what most people wanted it for. If he was lucky (which he stated he wasn't), he'd be getting a 470(??) Azerite Chest with the Azerite abilities he needs to up his game and benefit his guild more.

Addendum: Given how the entitled other person and raid leader acted, do you think they'd be up for bartering? Even if they had gotten other pieces of Azerite? Heavens no, in my opinion.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

A little bit selfish? Maybe.
    A dick? Not at all.

Personally I would've given the loot away, since I don't really see the point in getting that 1% damage upgrade from your BiS piece.

But at the end of the day, it was your choice, your loot, and your decision.

If anything, I'd lean more towards the raid leader being the asshole/bad guy for calling you out for it. No point in having a which hunt over something so small.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Were you in the right?

Yeah, sure, personal Loot and all that.

Were you a dick?

Yeah. Big time.

You can be right and be a dick. Many bosses that I worked for were.
    This is what so many people aren't getting. Just because you are in the right, doesn't mean you aren't the bad guy.

This is why I ask for what exactly he stated in my first post because that actually matters to the question posed.

The question wasn't "Was I wrong for .." or "Should I have been required to trade it ..." or anything like that. You can be a bad guy and do things right.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I was prepared to say that you were a dick but when I read the exchange, it said that you needed the piece to get the 200 residium to progress your gear?
    Could a compromise be reached where you tell the guy that if he wins another piece of gear he didn't need you could trade him for it?

I always hate seeing pieces I needed get DE or told it was getting vendored, but I dislike ML more. If you want to know if you were right or not, ask yourself what kind of community you want WoW to have and wether or not you would have been pissed had the roles been reversed. Did you owe him? No, but they didn't owe you a spot either. From what you say about the meters, the helm probably meant more to him than the 200 residuum ended up mattering to you. But w/e your helm, your community. WoW is what we have made it

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Let's put it this way. Were you a good guy? lol...absolutely not.

Were you within your rights to keep the gear? Yes. Blizz, in their infinite stupidity, got rid of master loot. That's Blizz's issue, not yours.

Does the amount of dps you put out matter? Not in the least.

Were you a thoughtful, considerate player? No.

Are you a contributing member of the MMO? No.

Did you clarify the loot expectations when you joined? Apparently not.

Are you the bad guy? Yes.

See, that was simple after all.

You people are fucked in the head. Truly. Self serving fucking morons. Do everyone a favor and punch yourself in the face for being absolute imbeciles. It was his loot and his loot alone. Not one fucking person is entitled to it. He could be nice and give it to someone for sure, but if he needs it himself then absolutely no person has the right to say a single word.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Let's put it this way. Were you a good guy? lol...absolutely not.

Were you within your rights to keep the gear? Yes. Blizz, in their infinite stupidity, got rid of master loot. That's Blizz's issue, not yours.

Does the amount of dps you put out matter? Not in the least.

Were you a thoughtful, considerate player? No.

Are you a contributing member of the MMO? No.

Did you clarify the loot expectations when you joined? Apparently not.

Are you the bad guy? Yes.

See, that was simple after all.
    Imagine unironically smug posting like this and being unironically completely wrong.