Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Every azerite item translates into residuum these days, so if you need residuum, you need the item, that is it. Claiming someone doesn't need an item because he only needs it for residuum is some royal BS.

If you want to be smart about it, just don't loot the bosses and collect stuff from your mailbox after the raid. That way morons won't see you got stuff and they won't decide they are entitled to it. I think there are addons to see if someone has looted the boss, but barely anyone outside mythic guilds uses those, and even if they do, you can always claim they aren't working properly.

If it was me I would probably keep the helm. If I was the raid leader I would probably kick you too

It's conflicting to the point I can't blame anyone because ultimately everyone was being selfish. Even if you were more selfish than the other side, the system was on your side.

At the end of the day, you did good.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Every azerite item translates into residuum these days, so if you need residuum, you need the item, that is it. Claiming someone doesn't need an item because he only needs it for residuum is some royal BS.

If you want to be smart about it, just don't loot the bosses and collect stuff from your mailbox after the raid. That way morons won't see you got stuff and they won't decide they are entitled to it. I think there are addons to see if someone has looted the boss, but barely anyone outside mythic guilds uses those, and even if they do, you can always claim they aren't working properly.
    Imagine you have to loot your shit in secret and come up with excuses if someone spies you though addons.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it was your loot and he had no reason to extort it from you

this is the reason why PL was implemented to protect people like you in this situation

sadly you paid the price from others being toxic.
    You are conveniently forgetting that it's their raid group. If they don't want to play with OP because of what happened, then they have every right to kick him from the group.

I think OP did 100% the right thing. He joined the group because he wanted residuum and he got it, so of course he should keep it.

Just don't forget that when you are going for so speculative upgrades then someones gonna get mad and if they are group of friends - the logical outcome is that they don't want to play with you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    You are conveniently forgetting that it's their raid group. If they don't want to play with OP because of what happened, then they have every right to kick him from the group.

I think OP did 100% the right thing. He joined the group because he wanted residuum and he got it, so of course he should keep it.

Just don't forget that when you are going for so speculative upgrades then someones gonna get mad and if they are group of friends - the logical outcome is that they don't want to play with you anymore.
    "Their raid group" so they can extort and demand people giving their loot or get kicked? Are you fucking kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    "Their raid group" so they can extort and demand people giving their loot or get kicked? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Or get kicked? Who the fuck cares about getting kicked in 2020, there are no raid lockouts anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Take a step back and re-read what you just typed. Extortion? Not allowing people to roll Need on an item that THEY DO NOT NEED because it is NOT AN UPGRADE from what they're currently using is extortion? Please, elaborate.

- - - Updated - - -

But dude. The OP did not ask if he was in the wrong by the LETTER of the law (was I ABLE to do this?). He asked if he was wrong by the SPIRIT of the law (SHOULD I have done this?). And by the Spirit of the Law (Roll Need on an item because you need it as an upgrade), he was in the wrong. Straight up.
    The delusion seems to be strong in you. It doesn't matter what would have happened with the item with master looter. At all.

He got an item from which he needed something through a system that grants items on a close to constant basis, and would in reality have lost a piece of loot / residuum had he given it away. He had every right to keep it, both in "spirit", "Letter" and by loot rules of the raid.

The only thing that really surprise me in all of it is that despite the majority of the raid wanted OP to hand over the item, knowing full well why he didn't want to, not a single one offered to give him a replacement epic for his residuum. People are greedy.

Or get kicked? Who the fuck cares about getting kicked in 2020, there are no raid lockouts anymore.
    How is that even part of the fucking point if there's a lockout or not? Still a cunt move.

How is that even part of the fucking point if there's a lockout or not? Still a cunt move.
    Why? Getting kicked doesn't matter at all. If people don't feel like playing with you then they can just kick you and you can go to another group.

especially if he is 475 ^^ it will be instant invite

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    The delusion seems to be strong in you. It doesn't matter what would have happened with the item with master looter. At all.

He got an item from which he needed something through a system that grants items on a close to constant basis, and would in reality have lost a piece of loot / residuum had he given it away. He had every right to keep it, both in "spirit", "Letter" and by loot rules of the raid.

The only thing that really surprise me in all of it is that despite the majority of the raid wanted OP to hand over the item, knowing full well why he didn't want to, not a single one offered to give him a replacement epic for his residuum. People are greedy.
    Then it's obviously a matter of miscommunication then. OP did not make it clear what he was there for. I don't think anyone would have an issue giving him spare pieces of un-needed loot so he can Scrap them, if he was willing to give away the loot that he got instead. Since OP was there for Residum, it doesn't matter WHAT item he scraps, as long as he scraps AN azerite item. Seems like all of this could've been solved, on the spot, with better communication.

you were not selfish, they were children

The situation can be summed up as: Carried bad hunter throws a fit when loot isn't funneled to him. Douchebag RL kicks player for not passing upgrades to his friends.

In pugs, unless specifically stated before the run, you have zero obligation to pass minor upgrades to someone who would get a major upgrade, especially when said person isn't contributing to the success of the raid. Would it have been nice to pass the hat to him? yes, but when you aren't contributing to the raid except being a warm body, you can only expect scraps. And thats moreso true in a pug where nobody has any incentive to help out eachother, because they will never see eachother again.

In a guild group/among friends, sure you would be in the wrong, but pugs are pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Every time you have the option to help your fellow man without putting yourself at a major disadvantage, and you don't take it, you're the bad guy.
    No, you're not. You're not obligated to give away something as soon as someone threatens you for it. You're especially not obligated to reward people for being selfish assholes. The hunter went from asking to demanding, without even attempting to negotiate or find some sort of compromise. Rewarding the bad behavior from the hunter would've been the worst thing to do in this scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Debates like this are why personal loot exists. It's your loot, you earned it, you get to choose what to do with it. Would it have been nice to give it to the hunter? Sure. But ultimately it's your gear. You don't have any responsibility to give it to him.
    I also don't entirely blame the guy for kicking you though. He was doing the raid to try to gear his friend, and you stood in the way of that when you could have helped. I can see why he'd want people who are more receptive to his preferred way of doing things.
    Nobody's entirely in the wrong here.
    I agree on the personal loot thing.

The kick, though, I don't know. Sure, if you're invited to a group which states that those invited is expected to trade loot if they can then sure, you can't blame the leader for kicking. However, if you just join a group where no one tell you the above then you shouldn't be kicked.

OP:
    Do whatever you want with your loot. They should not expect you to trade anything if you havn't agreed on it beforehand, and also don't, yourself, expect people to trade if they don't want to^^
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    What you were getting: 1/24 of a chance at an upgrade. What he was getting: a good upgrade. So obviously, it’s pretty selfish.

You don’t owe him anything but being a little bit generous is important in life. It’s a good habit to be in because you never know when it will be repaid.
    And if hes supposed to give the loot he wants/needs away, why the fuck is he supposed to help them in the raid at all?
    While its a form of "Selfishness" to keep the Item you want, its the pinnacle of Selfishness to demand Loot from others.

To me it’s a completely reasonable response. It’s hard to argue that you’re going to keep your loot and fuck everyone else while simultaneously arguing that the raid leader is obligated to keep you, a stranger, in his raid.
    Well, thats a matter of Opinion as its not defined anywhere. But I see a raid group as a form of Contract, as long as everybody is doing their Job, and not break any predefined rules (or Common sense rules like "Dont be an Asshole") they can stay.

Its petty and idiotic to Kick people from the raid for Personal Reasons. No matter if they are Friends, Guildmates or Strangers.
    In my Groups every Stranger has the same Rights as any Comunity/Guildmember.

By taking that piece you’re saying that you care very little about him - why should he care about the harm he causes you by kicking?
    By demanding the loot from your RaidMembers you clearly show that you dont care about your RaidMembers at all.

I really really hate People begging for Loot. Usually (depending on my Mood and overall Performance of the Raid) if someone immediatly after I loot something whispers me, I dont give it away, Period, or look at someone who can use it and trade it directly.

In my Raids, the rule is: "Your Loot is your own", I just encourage to fairly roll for stuff if someone decides he wants to share his Loot.
    If I notice this "Loot Begging", I clarify that I personally dont like it, and usually everything that is going to be given away, will be rolled on.

Fun Fact: Several People missed Rolling for the Loot they were Begging for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Then it's obviously a matter of miscommunication then. OP did not make it clear what he was there for. I don't think anyone would have an issue giving him spare pieces of un-needed loot so he can Scrap them, if he was willing to give away the loot that he got instead. Since OP was there for Residum, it doesn't matter WHAT item he scraps, as long as he scraps AN azerite item. Seems like all of this could've been solved, on the spot, with better communication.
    OP did tell them that he wants the Titan Residuum from the Item, and was laughed at.

Imagine you have to loot your shit in secret and come up with excuses if someone spies you though addons.
    Yeah, I think Blizzard should make it so it's impossible to see what others have looted in the raid. They made all loot personal, but it seems the extortion doesn't stop there and they need to go a step further.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    What do you disagree with, I'm with the OP, the pally also agreed that he could keep the loot.
    Thats he's selfish in any way. If he had kept it for x mog I'd then say yes he was but its still his loot. But given hes planning to use it, nah not at all
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Your loot, you can do whatever you want with it. Brush it off, queue for next group and be done with it.

Eh I would just say either Transmog or offset if pushed on it. It's a pug no one is guaranteed jack