Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    There's no obligation to give your personal loot to other people. It's definitely NICE to do so, but you don't HAVE to. (Assuming, of course, that nothing special was discussed in terms of loot rules)

    That being said, PUG raids are also under no obligation to keep you around.

  2. #102
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,165
    I got kicked for this as well. I didn't need the carapace head but I needed the azerite. I told the other hunter I needed the azerite and his guild got all butthurt. They kicked me before nzoth. There wasn't any rules that said that loot was to be traded. I was fuming lol

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Immediately you’re the problem. Coming to a forum to rally people to your side to make you feel better is so foolish and immature. Be a damn man and grow a fucking pair. You’re better than that, son. Stop playing video games and focus on real life because if you’re whining about this kind of shit then, sir, you’re in for a real awakening when you start to live. Good luck out there and God speed. You’re going to need it with all that crybaby bullshit you’re pulling.

    Grow, develop, and become strong. This shit you’re pulling is unacceptable.
    Correct me if i am wrong, but to me a forum is a place to exchange or look for other peoples opinions. I did not rally anyone to my side, i shared a story or maybe ranted a little. Frankly i dont care what you think makes a man, i just know it does not allign with my view.

  4. #104
    you had every right to be as it was personal loot.Elder Scrolls Online is a Massive Multiplayer Role Playing Game set in a world of Tamriel. Events of ESO happen before events of the first game in Elder Scroll Series, at the dawn of the second era. You need choose reliable eso gold trade marketplace
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 06:01 AM.

  5. #105
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,458
    with the given information, No you were not in the wrong.

    its your piece you can do with it what you want.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    No Shadowlands Alpha. No Fucks Given.
    Wait... I'm SUPPOSED to be angry at No Alpha???

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Immediately you’re the problem. Coming to a forum to rally people to your side to make you feel better is so foolish and immature. Be a damn man and grow a fucking pair. You’re better than that, son. Stop playing video games and focus on real life because if you’re whining about this kind of shit then, sir, you’re in for a real awakening when you start to live. Good luck out there and God speed. You’re going to need it with all that crybaby bullshit you’re pulling.

    Grow, develop, and become strong. This shit you’re pulling is unacceptable.
    Ease off, my bro. I don't think that this is the "Hyper Real Man Tough Guy Huge Balls Extravaganza of 1920" topic.

    This is just someone that was asking for a spot check on their actions. Nothin' wrong about being mindful and asking for outside opinions on a disagreement. It shows that they're willing to accept criticism and possibly grow from it.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2020-05-31 at 02:59 AM.

  7. #107
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,414
    No?
    If it's not a situation you agreed to ahead of time (like in a guild setting) then you're fine. If you weren't rude about it, then especially not. There is nothing selfish about denying someone when there are no obligations and the item still had value to you. Helping would've been generous, but there is no sin in denying entitlement.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You shouldn't feel less selfish as you were selfish. But you had every right to be as it was personal loot. They were dicks for booting you.
    He wasn't selfish at all.

    If you go and perform a task specifically for a pay off, you are not selfish for keeping that pay off when you get it just because some other person wants it.

    If you had a coworker who didn't have as high a position at your work as you came and asked you for your paycheck and you say no, are you selfish? No. Because it is entirely the reason your are there.

  9. #109
    I think you feel conflicted enough to ask, which tells me your gut is eating at you.

  10. #110
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Midwest Drudgeland
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Immediately you’re the problem. Coming to a forum to rally people to your side to make you feel better is so foolish and immature. Be a damn man and grow a fucking pair. You’re better than that, son. Stop playing video games and focus on real life because if you’re whining about this kind of shit then, sir, you’re in for a real awakening when you start to live. Good luck out there and God speed. You’re going to need it with all that crybaby bullshit you’re pulling.

    Grow, develop, and become strong. This shit you’re pulling is unacceptable.
    Wow, the projection is strong here. After reading your post, and re-reading the OP's, it's clear who comes across as more mature and self-aware. (Hint: it isn't you)

  11. #111
    You are in the right. End of story.
    Fuck them and their entitled selves.
    Especially the raid leader but also anyone who thinks you are in the wrong.

  12. #112
    You can do whatever you want with the loot you earned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    He wasn't selfish at all.

    If you go and perform a task specifically for a pay off, you are not selfish for keeping that pay off when you get it just because some other person wants it.

    If you had a coworker who didn't have as high a position at your work as you came and asked you for your paycheck and you say no, are you selfish? No. Because it is entirely the reason your are there.
    I mean, that's the definition of being selfish. It is selfish, but it's ok because he earned it.

  13. #113
    Without hearing there was some sort of "give upgrades out" loot rules, you did nothing wrong.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  14. #114
    Yes you're a dick, you would've gotten 200 residuum, that person would've gotten a pretty substantial upgrade.

    That being said, you're not obligated to give away the loot, it's just a nice thing to do when you compare the benefits in this particular situation.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    He wasn't selfish at all.

    If you go and perform a task specifically for a pay off, you are not selfish for keeping that pay off when you get it just because some other person wants it.

    If you had a coworker who didn't have as high a position at your work as you came and asked you for your paycheck and you say no, are you selfish? No. Because it is entirely the reason your are there.
    Its literally the definition of selfish. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to be.

    And your analogy is terrible a better one would be you taking some food that you are just going to let decompose so you can watch maggots be born and a poor person asks if they can eat the food instead. If someone needs something more than you do and you don't give it to them that is being selfish as you are putting yourself before others concerns.

  16. #116
    You have no obligation to share personal loot so you were in your right to keep it.

    The raid leader also was technically in his right to kick you for whatever reason he saw fit, but naturally, most sensible people will look down upon him for doing so for such petty reasons.

  17. #117
    Oh boy, I guess it's time for the collective minds of reddit MMO-C to dictate my moral compass!

    Personal take: Kind of shitty thing to do but it was your loot so this shit is expected to happen on occasion. There's no written rule that says you must trade gear to people if it isn't implicitly an upgrade for you. That said, you might've been able to clarify to the group the reason for coming. If that wasn't made immediately clear, I could understand some of the saltiness.

    Aside from that, I really don't like these kinds of threads because they're told from an obviously slightly biased perspective and have a tendency to have huge swaths of pertinent information intentionally omitted.
    Last edited by otaXephon; 2020-05-31 at 03:31 AM.

  18. #118
    You are absolutely the bad guy. He asked for the piece nicely. The fact that you declined purely so you could mulch it for residuum is a huge dick move. You deserved getting kicked. I can guarantee you didn't let them know before joining that you would mulch any gear you got because you know nobody would ever invite you to their group.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    thought PL was mean to prevent drama like this. But it seems that there are still those that believe they are entitled to other people's PL.
    https://www.darklegacycomics.com/708

    Anyone who reads this comic knows the guy still plays, because his comics are always up to date with the latest pains of WoW.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    thought PL was mean to prevent drama like this. But it seems that there are still those that believe they are entitled to other people's PL.
    https://www.darklegacycomics.com/708

    Anyone who reads this comic knows the guy still plays, because his comics are always up to date with the latest pains of WoW.
    One of the most difficult things for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back.

  20. #120
    Mechagnome Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You are absolutely the bad guy. He asked for the piece nicely. The fact that you declined purely so you could mulch it for residuum is a huge dick move. You deserved getting kicked. I can guarantee you didn't let them know before joining that you would mulch any gear you got because you know nobody would ever invite you to their group.
    Yea, no.

    This is stupid. Incredibly stupid.

    The piece of gear was to be used to upgrade his stuff. Who the fuck cares if someone asked nicely or not? You go to pugs or regular raids to upgrade stuff, you're not going for charity, especially if he was pulling his weight. He got the piece of azerite, he'd grind it for residuum, he'd upgrade his chest piece. What, do you expect everything given to you on a silver platter just because you say please? Even if the other person will use and benefit from it?

    Go back to your hole.

    You're a god damned idiot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Its literally the definition of selfish. That doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to be.

    And your analogy is terrible a better one would be you taking some food that you are just going to let decompose so you can watch maggots be born and a poor person asks if they can eat the food instead. If someone needs something more than you do and you don't give it to them that is being selfish as you are putting yourself before others concerns.
    That's not even a good analogy.

    If the maggots were being used for science or medicine, or being used to feed baby birds, then it'd be a good analogy.

    He specifically went to the raid to break down a piece of azerite gear so he could -upgrade- his chest piece. It's not going to waste, it's not just being stared at or use to make green bracers.
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •