Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it were a guild run i would understand the people to be upset, but in a pug... lol.

I would just recommend to not loot bosses in pugs to avoid drama all together, since the postmaster just sends you it via mail afterwards.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-05-31 at 05:06 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

100% agree, everyone put same work in kill, so if guild want class stack for some member let they make full guild raid.

It's you loot and for that reason it's none of their business what you do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If it were a guild run i would understand the people to be upset, but in a pug... lol.

I would just recommend to not loot bosses in pugs to avoid drama all together, since the postmaster just sends you it via mail afterwards.
    fantastic suggestion which people should keep in mind

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I think you were the bad guy.

PL means its yours to do with as you wish. People need to learn to accept no when they ask for loot in pugs if there are no special loot rules given at the formation or the time someone joins up. Kicking you was a dick move imho. I think with the PL change the damn loot should not be shown in chat or via any addon it should only be shown if you want to give it away and link it or use plh in a guild group.
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

It dropped for you in a Pug...you could keep for it for Vendor trash and still be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    1. Yes, you were jerk.
    2. Selfishness like yours is what's slowly killing society.
    3. Selfishness like those who support you is what's rapidly killing society.
    1. No they weren't. They joined the run for TR and were entitled to keep their own PL. I don't pug anymore (not even LFR) but I used to do so purely for Transmog.
    2. Entitlement like yours is what's slowly killing society.
    3. Entitlement like those who support the Hunter is what's rapidly killing society.

/shrug

-edit-

Honestly OP, if someone whispers you, in a Pug, asking if you need something just say yes (unless you genuinely don't). If they pester you based on your equipped Ilvl (like this guy did), just say it's for OS. If they keep pestering you just don't respond. The entitlement of some players will never be abated, if they keep pestering you and you attempt to justify yourself then this is the result.

Heck I have some 430 (ish) AZ pieces for Longstrider in a speed set.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2020-05-31 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Your loot, your choice, fuck everyone who thinks otherwise
    Pretty much this. It was a pug. If it were a guild team it might be different, but it was a pug. Fuck them all in the eye. It's your loot. Maybe you wanted it for any number of reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its your loot lol. I would have replied with a "umad bro? lolxD?"

Its Blizzards fault if anyones.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Your loot, but you didn't need it.
    Someone else in your TEAM needed it, but you didn't trade it.
    The TEAM then decided that you weren't a TEAM player and removed you.

They are entiteled to chose who they want to play with, just as you are entiteled to play with who you want. That's all there is to this situation, you don't want to trade items you don't need? Okay, completely fine ...just not for everyone.
    It's common courtesy to establish rules for your raid if you have them. If you don't, sure you will still kick them, but in that case you are the one in the wrong, not the one who broke the unspoken rule you had.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    thought PL was mean to prevent drama like this. But it seems that there are still those that believe they are entitled to other people's PL.
    To me Blizzard never should of given into the whining and made it so others can see what items you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shango View Post
    Salute o7

So to start things off im still fairly convinced that I am in fact not the bad guy, but considering 12 people just told me i am a dick and only 1 guy was on my side I feel like sharing my story, or ranting, you name it.

After missing my guilds hc raid this week and sitting at ~4600 titan residium i decided to join a hc nyalotha raid to try grab any azerite piece for its scrap value. (my char is currently sitting at ilvl 475 so i dont need anything else in there) Vexiona dropped her headpiece and immideatly afterwards i got whispered by a hunter if i was so kind to trade it to him, considering i allready have Carapace Loot and would most likely not need it.
    *snip*
    I subscribe to the 'your loot, your decision' school of thought. I've went after things for transmog that I got, only to have someone like 'omg plz need huge upgrade'... and I would reply quote/unquote hey sorry, but I want this for transmog and its the only real reason I'm here. Some people have said stuff like 'np grats' and others raged with personal attacks like 'omg wahhh fukk u players like u r cancer 2 wow'.

What can you do? /shrug

At the end of the day transmog options for my characters > some random stranger's temporary upgrade. Now, when I get items that I don't need on any level, I am more than happy to share those. Heck I usually offer them before anyone even asks.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-05-31 at 06:50 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    this is why you don't loot gear until you get to the mailbox.
    This is so smart. I'm gonna do this from now on

On topic:
    @Shango
    You are fine. U went in with the purpose to get residum. You got your loot without shafting anyone and hitting your target for said raid. That hunter just sounds like an entitled prick.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Isn’t this exactly why personal loot was applauded by the vocal majority? So the RL couldn’t master loot a piece to his girlfriend? Is t that one of the big excuses people gave? Now, we have a perfect showing of it working how people wanted and (possibly) the same people are now telling the OP that he’s a dick.
    Come on.

Whatever drops for you in a pug is 100% your loot and no one else is entitled to it whatsoever. If you decide to give it to someone else it's your grace, not obligation. Doesn't matter if it's 30 ilvl upgrade for someone or vendor gold for you.

Everyone who disagrees is a toxic fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Immediately you’re the problem. Coming to a forum to rally people to your side to make you feel better is so foolish and immature. Be a damn man and grow a fucking pair. You’re better than that, son. Stop playing video games and focus on real life because if you’re whining about this kind of shit then, sir, you’re in for a real awakening when you start to live. Good luck out there and God speed. You’re going to need it with all that crybaby bullshit you’re pulling.

Grow, develop, and become strong. This shit you’re pulling is unacceptable.
    This has to be the most useless thing in cyberspace today.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    1. Yes, you were jerk.
    2. Selfishness like yours is what's slowly killing society.
    3. Selfishness like those who support you is what's rapidly killing society.
    Oh here is a perfect example of a toxic entitled kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Immediately you’re the problem. Coming to a forum to rally people to your side to make you feel better is so foolish and immature. Be a damn man and grow a fucking pair. You’re better than that, son. Stop playing video games and focus on real life because if you’re whining about this kind of shit then, sir, you’re in for a real awakening when you start to live. Good luck out there and God speed. You’re going to need it with all that crybaby bullshit you’re pulling.

Grow, develop, and become strong. This shit you’re pulling is unacceptable.
    Yeah, burn the op because he came to discussion boards to discuss game matters, rather than call random users names and present his views as superiors. If anyone here needs to grow a pair it's definitely you and your cringy tone.

Well, seeing how "nicely" the other hunter talked I would have not given him a piece even if I did not need residium..
    Also: Puging is a risk, they can kick you mid fight if they want to without giving a reason. If there are loot rules stated, it must be upheld, but if not it's a free for all.
    Also: If there are no rules stated, but they suddenly try to enforce "give them the piece or I will kick you" RL is putting himself at a risk of infraction. It's better to say something vague like "we don't want to play with you anymore". Stating something directly like that is blackmailing which can't be argued, while something vague there is not much GM can do about it.

You did nothing wrong. Randoms are not entitled to your loot. It would be dickish if it was your guildie imho

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't demand a voluntary act of kindness from others and than claim that the person refusing is the bad guy. That's not how this works.

So i wouldn't worry about it, this was not about you being good or bad this is simply about you not giving them what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Yea, no.

This is stupid. Incredibly stupid.

The piece of gear was to be used to upgrade his stuff. Who the fuck cares if someone asked nicely or not? You go to pugs or regular raids to upgrade stuff, you're not going for charity, especially if he was pulling his weight. He got the piece of azerite, he'd grind it for residuum, he'd upgrade his chest piece. What, do you expect everything given to you on a silver platter just because you say please? Even if the other person will use and benefit from it?

Go back to your hole.

You're a god damned idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not even a good analogy.

If the maggots were being used for science or medicine, or being used to feed baby birds, then it'd be a good analogy.

He specifically went to the raid to break down a piece of azerite gear so he could -upgrade- his chest piece. It's not going to waste, it's not just being stared at or use to make green bracers.
    Your's is less accurate as it implies the maggots observation is a greater need than the poor persons hunger. And clearly his need was less than the hunters. He didn't need that specific piece he just needed scrap.