Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Should have probably phrased the OP differently, my question, which has allready been answered is more like "am i in the minority thinking what i did is not that bad". Im fine with being a little bit selfish here, i joined the raid with one goal in mind, aquiring currency to roll for a >potential< upgrade. Would i have known beforehand that i would be asked to give away my only possible (even theoretical) upgrade i would not have joined in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well same with him not sharing the loot that he doesn't really need, they shouldn't care about reasons why he joined.. they didn't say anything about loot rules, he didn't say anything about why he even joined
    To be fair, 1st there was potential for me to need the loot and like i said earlier i gave away a torment in jar without a 2nd thought because it was of 0 use to me and 2nd who explains why he joins a raid upon joining said raid? I personally have never seen it happen and frankly i dont think peopel would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Right, just like they dont owe him and are fine to kick him.
    I mean yeah they have every right to kick them for any reason by requesting that he gives up loot that dropPed for his character is kind of retarded

Specially if the DPS of the other Hunter was so low why even make a fuss about it

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know this kind of reminds me of the Sunfire Robe drama

The group formed and killed trash And the pattern drop someone won the role completely fair then the group turned against her because they want to dilute to go a certain way and it became a fun little video on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    thought PL was mean to prevent drama like this. But it seems that there are still those that believe they are entitled to other people's PL.
    Yeah people are idiots.

Even if OP wanted to keep it for t-mog, it's more permanent than an ilvl upgrade is with an xpac around the corner.

Nah, you're okay OP. If you had given him the head piece then I'd have given you bonus points for being a nice guy, but I don't think it was wrong or even selfish to keep that loot.

The hunter was right to ask if you needed the gear, but that's douchey that he decided to throw a fit when you declined to trade it to him.

Same goes for the Raid Leader, imo. Being the leader means that they should have also been responsible for communicating any ground rules regarding loot when you joined. If they had told you what the deal was in the first place then you could have looked for a different raid to join and they could have found someone willing to trade gear. So that was their bad for dropping the ball like that. That's just bad leadership/communication.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2020-05-31 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Still a dick move by any of the socials to make a scene when raiders were given prio on actual upgrades for mains. It's perfectly logical and was the way 99% of guilds dealt with loot in these kinds of runs before PL was added: Group loot for the majority of bosses, but ML with raider prio on the few bosses that still dropped upgrades for those 1-2 unlucky mains that never got their item.

If the socials were mostly ex-raiders, it's even more retarded, as they have been there themselves, and should understand why it's completely fair to give one or two rare items to mains over socials.

Also, rofl at the elitist comment. This is common sense, and have nothing to do with elitism. You disagreeing with something doesn't make it "elitism".
    You saying socials shouldn't get loot when you don't know the people involved, the guild involved or the way the runs were set up is what makes it elitist.

"Still a dick move by any of the socials to make a scene when raiders were given prio on actual upgrades for mains". You obviously didn't actually read what I said considering I expressly stated this was not the case. So no, not really common sense to apply logic to a situation that it doesn't apply to. Actually, it was the total opposite of what you said... Considering your signature, I'd expect better reading comprehension.

To avoid such situations I just don't loot in groups and wait for it to be mailed to me

Off topic: I'm glad Blizz removed MasterLoot so loot drama wouldn't be a problem anymore
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

This discussion is super pointless. He joined this random hc grp for the purpose of getting Residuum. So if he gets an item that gives him exactly that, then why should he not keep it? Especially, when there are no specific loot rules to begin with. Even if he wants to keep it for transmog... It is his item. He can do whatever he wants to do with his item.

The other guy is just some entitled prick, tbh. If someone doesn't give you an item, then too bad too sad. Go and cry a river or something. Besides, with the DPS he did he can join any other grp... I would just leave the grp and find a new one. As simple as that.

As someone said before.. it's best to loot the stuff from mail later when raiding with randoms. You never know when you run into some entitled moron so best to just avoid drama.

Nope, you are right. Pl means it's your loot. You joined hc to get loot for yourself regardless of use. The others just trying to bully someone into giving them yours.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yes, it actually does matter. If he was a dick about it, he was a dick. It matters.

There is no certain ways to decline someone, but there are ways to decline that definitely make you the "bad guy." He is asking that question, it matters in the determination.

There is a difference between:
    "Get good kid." and "I am sorry, but no."
    What are you even saying? This was the conversation:

Hunter: need head mate ?
    Me: i do, sry
    Hunter: you have 475
    Hunter: how the fuck you need a 460 head ?
    Me: i need it to buy an azerite piece which is exactly the reason i joined this raid i nthe first place
    Hunter: so you needed 200 fucking residuum
    Hunter: lol
    Hunter: ok

He never, even once, said "Get good kid" or anything like that. He actually said "I do, sry." and he even explained why (which is already more than I would do). The only one being a dick was the guy who wanted the item... "how the fuck you need a 460 head ?", "so you needed 200 fucking residuum". Not to mention that he kicked him because OP didnt trade the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me that you joined a selfish raid group. I've witnessed this exact scenario unfold countless times where X person wins loot but has a higher ilvl piece. Other people then justify that they should roll the piece off regardless because it's not an upgrade for them. To hell if they want it for transmog or scrapping it. I'd ignore the hunter and all his buddies and move on. You're not selfish, they are. What fucking punks.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    the kind, decent and team player thing to do would be give him the loot via some kind of trade. Probably a trade that doesn't result in your favor, but at least it's something rather than nothing. On the other hand, I don't like players who focus on what others receive in personal loot, it's not theirs and they can ask and/or trade, but not pull a hissey fit or try and accumulate allies for their cause if the person declines in same manner you did.

The bottom line, you should've traded the loot and they should NOT have made a stink that you didn't make the trade. The punishment you received did not fit the crime in any shape or form, especially given the fact you're in a pug.
    I don't entirely understand your argument... "The kind, decent and team player thing ..." how is that a team player thing? He is specifically going into the raid for Titan Residuum in order to maybe get an new item from the Residuum Trader. This new item is going to help his guild with their HC/Mythic raids. So if he gives the item to some random guy who is not in the guild, then he is actually working against the team.

So in other words, your entire argument is falling in on itself.

- - - Updated - - -

It didnt "get him there". He stated that earlier. And veondoring an item that someone can make use of, is a dick move.
    It didn't get him there after he cleared the entire raid. Since this happened after killing Vexiona he probably still had Raden, Carapace and Nzoth... Maybe even more. In the end what could have happened is him trading the item away, while getting more items from the other bosses and then being 200 Residuum short because he traded the item from Vexiona.

Besides, it is his item. As such it is not a dick move. The only thing that would MAYBE be a dick move is to sell the item for gold (which you cant do anyways with Azerite Armor). Everything else, even transmog, would be completely fine and in his right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I don't even answer people if I get something I'm going to keep. If it upsets you, say goodbye to my overwhelmingly-above-everyone-else boss DPS and kick me. Good luck with the rest of your run, I'm certainly not going to have an issue finding another.
    Even if they just whisper you with a polite question? What's the point ignoring them?

It always bugs me when I see people who were active in raid chat (as in, it's clear they are at least somewhat intelligent and they understand English)... Then they receive loot from the "last" boss (or the last boss you were going to kill in mythic pug), I check they already have another (or better) copy of the same unique-equipped item equipped, whisper them if they need the new copy... And meanwhile they just hearthstone out and not respond.

And you're stuck there waiting, thinking through possibilities:
    - Did they just go AFK? May be they will respond in 5 min? Should I wait a bit for the response before I log off?
    - Did they just miss my whisper? Should I whisper another time? But I hate begging, and whispering them 2 times gets dangerously close to feeling that way. Sometimes I wait 5+ min, and ask another time, and sometimes it becomes clear they just ignore my question on purpose.

A quick "I will keep it" goes a long way, and I don't care whether that's because they disenchanted it, or because they gave it away to a friend, or because they want a second copy to enchant&gem it in a different way.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-05-31 at 01:53 AM.

were you a bit of bad guy?yeah...a fair argument could be made for it...but,this is the point of PL to avoid drama,my tip is next time dont loot it if you wanna avoid any situation like this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    No, he didn't. How he declined is literally of no importance. Is there a certain way you should decline someone? I don't even answer people if I get something I'm going to keep. If it upsets you, say goodbye to my overwhelmingly-above-everyone-else boss DPS and kick me. Good luck with the rest of your run, I'm certainly not going to have an issue finding another.

To OP - Sounds like a win-win to me. You got your residuum you needed, and you didn't have suffer through any more content with this group of folks. Pugs that feel entitled to drops because "YoU hAVe GeAr" is hands down the most entitled thing I've ever seen in this game. If I want to vendor it for the 50g I'm within my right to. You don't exist in this game to help gear up undergeared players. You already served your purpose by blasting their content for them.
    now thats just a bad idea to not even answer,what are you afraid of?just respond,by you ignoring it makes the person think you didnt see it and he could just continue asking,responding is better,also....just dont loot the item if you dont wanna deal with it

Immediately you’re the problem. Coming to a forum to rally people to your side to make you feel better is so foolish and immature. Be a damn man and grow a fucking pair. You’re better than that, son. Stop playing video games and focus on real life because if you’re whining about this kind of shit then, sir, you’re in for a real awakening when you start to live. Good luck out there and God speed. You’re going to need it with all that crybaby bullshit you’re pulling.

Grow, develop, and become strong. This shit you’re pulling is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Liftinmammals; 2020-05-31 at 02:12 AM.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

In the end, keeping it was not beneficial to him.
    It gave him residuum, which in the end was beneficial to him as it permitted him to buy an azerite piece.

Same thing as looting residuum directly from the boss.

There's no obligation to give your personal loot to other people. It's definitely NICE to do so, but you don't HAVE to. (Assuming, of course, that nothing special was discussed in terms of loot rules)

That being said, PUG raids are also under no obligation to keep you around.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I got kicked for this as well. I didn't need the carapace head but I needed the azerite. I told the other hunter I needed the azerite and his guild got all butthurt. They kicked me before nzoth. There wasn't any rules that said that loot was to be traded. I was fuming lol

Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Immediately you’re the problem. Coming to a forum to rally people to your side to make you feel better is so foolish and immature. Be a damn man and grow a fucking pair. You’re better than that, son. Stop playing video games and focus on real life because if you’re whining about this kind of shit then, sir, you’re in for a real awakening when you start to live. Good luck out there and God speed. You’re going to need it with all that crybaby bullshit you’re pulling.

Grow, develop, and become strong. This shit you’re pulling is unacceptable.
    Correct me if i am wrong, but to me a forum is a place to exchange or look for other peoples opinions. I did not rally anyone to my side, i shared a story or maybe ranted a little. Frankly i dont care what you think makes a man, i just know it does not allign with my view.

you had every right to be as it was personal loot.Elder Scrolls Online is a Massive Multiplayer Role Playing Game set in a world of Tamriel. Events of ESO happen before events of the first game in Elder Scroll Series, at the dawn of the second era. You need choose reliable eso gold trade marketplace
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 06:01 AM.