Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Definitely not a bad guy in this scenario, OP. This guy communicates like you owe him money and a blowjob on top.

If the leaders' intent was to gear up his hunter friend he should have clearly stated it to everyone, inlcuding newcomers like you in this scenario. Rookie mistake every person in a hurry can make - communication is key, and it's fair not only in the game but in life aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    By the technical rules of the game, noone is in the wrong. .
    I am glad we agree. No need for the essay next time, just say "yeah, you are right, i am wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and this is exackly why PL was implemented.

because extortion like this happend on daily basis.
    Take a step back and re-read what you just typed. Extortion? Not allowing people to roll Need on an item that THEY DO NOT NEED because it is NOT AN UPGRADE from what they're currently using is extortion? Please, elaborate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I am glad we agree. No need for the essay next time, just say "yeah, you are right, i am wrong".
    But dude. The OP did not ask if he was in the wrong by the LETTER of the law (was I ABLE to do this?). He asked if he was wrong by the SPIRIT of the law (SHOULD I have done this?). And by the Spirit of the Law (Roll Need on an item because you need it as an upgrade), he was in the wrong. Straight up.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-06-01 at 06:57 AM.

So first the guy sees an item pop up that he wants it, you tell him no. So he inspects you and calls you out on it. Then you tell him what you want the item for and he flips his shit because you want to turn it into a currency you actually need

Seems to me like the Hunter is the asshole, it doesn't hurt to ask but then continuing to go "urrhurr you have better though" none of your business boi, my item now kindly fuck off

Please expose these guys Names so we van riducul Them in game and on all the forums..its PERSONAL LOOT...how can you be this entitled piece of shiit? I AM really asking myself this, how can you be this dumb and a lootwhore? Seriously...wtf is wrong with these kind of people.
    Even if you want a ring for xmog and its useless for you but a 100% upgrade for me, its still your goddamn item and im at your merci and kindness to recieve it, if you wont want to trade it to me your choice, specially in pugs.
    I never give my items away anymore in pugs, the sole reason is people being so entitled to MY loot, fck that..its mine, its PERSONAL, so Is decided who gets it.

Actually, with the release of WoW Classic, it's not even a "back in my day" post. It's actually going on, right now, in classic. Guilds of 45+ raiders coming up with fair distribution loot systems, whether it be DKP, Loot Councils, you name it.

I'm wrong? Go on, elaborate.
    you are wrong, bcs you compare loot distribution in guild and PUG, both completely different settings with different rules...
    in guild you WANT other people to be geared better, as you know them, play with them often, most likely not only in raid, and their upgrade will be beneficial for you
    in PUG, you couldnt care less, after hour or so you will say goodbye and probably never again meet the people

so you give up chance for upgrade to get something that in the end will benefit you in guild run, but in PUG you just give up chance to upgrade for nothing... thats huge difference...

Take a step back and re-read what you just typed. Extortion? Not allowing people to roll Need on an item that THEY DO NOT NEED because it is NOT AN UPGRADE from what they're currently using is extortion? Please, elaborate.

- - - Updated - - -

But dude. The OP did not ask if he was in the wrong by the LETTER of the law (was I ABLE to do this?). He asked if he was wrong by the SPIRIT of the law (SHOULD I have done this?). And by the Spirit of the Law (Roll Need on an item because you need it as an upgrade), he was in the wrong. Straight up.
    on what ? . why do you care what OP wants to do with it - maybe he needs it for disenchant. its his loot and its up to him to decide

and it should be like this .

imo loot should be non tradable - this way we would be done once and forever with this kind of discussions .

- - - Updated - - -

You are absolutely, 100% wrong about everything in this post. Everything. Want me to completely RUIN your day? Under PERSONAL loot, both the letter, and the spirit are on OP's side, so you honestly could not be more wrong.

By the LETTER of the law, the loot is ops PERSONAL loot. By the spirit of the law, the loot is his/hers, for them to do with as they please. Honestly, you could not be any more wrong even if you tried.

More entitlement than i thought.

The guy joins a raid he outgears, helping the raid clear bosses with more ease compared to lower geared players. The reason he joins is to get an upgrade through residiuum but instead he should join the raid, help them and then also give them gear and get nothing?

So what should he get in return then? People really do like to rip off the entire arm if you give them a hand. Fuck me, are people this daft?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

The guy joins a raid he outgears, helping the raid clear bosses with more ease compared to lower geared players. The reason he joins is to get an upgrade through residiuum but instead he should join the raid, help them and then also give them gear and get nothing?

So what should he get in return then? People really do like to rip off the entire arm if you give them a hand. Fuck me, are people this daft?
    Funny thing is that those people probably see this that the OP was the selfish one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

yes they are
    couldnt agree more, people thing they are entitled to something from strangers just bcs they need it more... like wtf?

Would not trade it. Also don't loot items in pug raids. Look if item is in the boss and left it there so the postmaster sends it to you later. No drama

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Funny thing is that those people probably see this that the OP was the selfish one.
    and even more funny they would beg for gear if someone else have it but they would probably not give it to anyone even if they were going to vendor it

Every azerite item translates into residuum these days, so if you need residuum, you need the item, that is it. Claiming someone doesn't need an item because he only needs it for residuum is some royal BS.

If you want to be smart about it, just don't loot the bosses and collect stuff from your mailbox after the raid. That way morons won't see you got stuff and they won't decide they are entitled to it. I think there are addons to see if someone has looted the boss, but barely anyone outside mythic guilds uses those, and even if they do, you can always claim they aren't working properly.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

If it was me I would probably keep the helm. If I was the raid leader I would probably kick you too

It's conflicting to the point I can't blame anyone because ultimately everyone was being selfish. Even if you were more selfish than the other side, the system was on your side.

At the end of the day, you did good.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Every azerite item translates into residuum these days, so if you need residuum, you need the item, that is it. Claiming someone doesn't need an item because he only needs it for residuum is some royal BS.

If you want to be smart about it, just don't loot the bosses and collect stuff from your mailbox after the raid. That way morons won't see you got stuff and they won't decide they are entitled to it. I think there are addons to see if someone has looted the boss, but barely anyone outside mythic guilds uses those, and even if they do, you can always claim they aren't working properly.
    Imagine you have to loot your shit in secret and come up with excuses if someone spies you though addons.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it was your loot and he had no reason to extort it from you

this is the reason why PL was implemented to protect people like you in this situation

sadly you paid the price from others being toxic.
    You are conveniently forgetting that it's their raid group. If they don't want to play with OP because of what happened, then they have every right to kick him from the group.

I think OP did 100% the right thing. He joined the group because he wanted residuum and he got it, so of course he should keep it.

Just don't forget that when you are going for so speculative upgrades then someones gonna get mad and if they are group of friends - the logical outcome is that they don't want to play with you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    You are conveniently forgetting that it's their raid group. If they don't want to play with OP because of what happened, then they have every right to kick him from the group.

I think OP did 100% the right thing. He joined the group because he wanted residuum and he got it, so of course he should keep it.

Just don't forget that when you are going for so speculative upgrades then someones gonna get mad and if they are group of friends - the logical outcome is that they don't want to play with you anymore.
    "Their raid group" so they can extort and demand people giving their loot or get kicked? Are you fucking kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    "Their raid group" so they can extort and demand people giving their loot or get kicked? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Or get kicked? Who the fuck cares about getting kicked in 2020, there are no raid lockouts anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

The delusion seems to be strong in you. It doesn't matter what would have happened with the item with master looter. At all.

He got an item from which he needed something through a system that grants items on a close to constant basis, and would in reality have lost a piece of loot / residuum had he given it away. He had every right to keep it, both in "spirit", "Letter" and by loot rules of the raid.

The only thing that really surprise me in all of it is that despite the majority of the raid wanted OP to hand over the item, knowing full well why he didn't want to, not a single one offered to give him a replacement epic for his residuum. People are greedy.