Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I will wave and stuff but not really much beyond that. The girl next door I think is terrified of me. She was outside with her dog and I was grabbing the newspaper. I said "Hi! Thats a cute dog." She replied "Its my sister's dog!" and ran inside. Another time her crazy ex was trying to break her front door down. At the time we had some wind storms and cell reception has been trash for me so I couldn't call the police. I went outside and asked him if everything was okay. He said yeah and left. The police eventually showed up. I didn't know she was home at the time and she has run away anytime she has seen me since.

Bloodsail Admiral
    On a daily basis since break ins are getting more problematic. Rioters are wanting to come so we are trying to watch and call the police

I've lived in this house for 15 years and I don't know the names of the neighbors on either side of my house. Never talked to them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's curious that despite people being more connected now more than ever throughout the world, people are so distant to others within a stone's throw away from them...

I am kinda fascinated with neighbor relationships. There is something very human about them that I find wildly interesting and often entertaining.

I keep my distance from my own neighbors though, I don't even.

No. And I just got new ones who from casual observance are probably major assholes, and I come home today to see their shitty little car have "Get rid of Dems" scrawled on the side of it.

So I'm probably not going to ever talk to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Normally I don't. I did today though...my dogs found a loose board in the fence between our yards and went over for a visit. We chatted a bit over the fence. She seems like a pretty nice lady.

I know my neighbors from the homeowners association or house parties. I live in a building in downtown Madrid, so unfortunately about 70% of the apartments are AirBnBs owned by a real estate company.

The few homeowners and full time tenants kinda have to stick together to keep the building liveable.

I have nothing against tourists, but it's hella annoying when you have a group of 8 shit faced Brits return home at 4 AM on a Tuesday night and start blasting music.

The people left in the building are about 50/50 expats and Spaniards and all under 40, so we are a pretty tight knit little community.

We usually invite each other over whenever there's a house party or a birthday or whatnot.

So yeah, I know basically all my neighbors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Nope - dont see any reason to interact with them .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's curious that despite people being more connected now more than ever throughout the world, people are so distant to others within a stone's throw away from them...
    time & efficiency - people stay connected with people who can bring them direct benefits now or in future.

no point wasting time on meaningless chitchats when there is 247326473632 other things you could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Except my friends I have nothing in common with the people living here.

One is an old woman with hearing problems, another is a devout old Christian man, another is a wife and husband and their kids and the last is a couple and a sister to one of them.

Why would I be be talking to them when we have nothing in common? I can talk to people I have something in common with, with no problems online or my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Except my friends I have nothing in common with the people living here.

One is an old woman with hearing problems, another is a devout old Christian man, another is a wife and husband and their kids and the last is a couple and a sister to one of them.

Why would I be be talking to them when we have nothing in common? I can talk to people I have something in common with, with no problems online or my friends.
    It's called being part of a community. I'm sure the old neighbour would appreciate having a visit every now and then, more so to check on their wellbeing... it's becoming so common where an elderly neighbour dies, and neighbours remain unaware of their passing with the body remaining in their house for weeks or months. That's just fucking sad.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-08 at 02:24 PM.

Not really. The woman who lives right next to me gets a smile and nod and she does the same. We have shared maybe 10 sentences in a year. The guy on the other side, I've told several times first politely then less polite to shut his damn dog up. People across from me give a wave once in a while, never spoke. Same thing when I lived in an apartment building. Most interactions in 20 years of adulthood were "hi" or me going to tell people to quiet down.

Nope. My neighbors are old. I dont have much in common with them