Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    That data is very suspect. Back to corruptions though, I assume if they put all the corruptions in the vendor all at once it would just make people grab all the corruptions and well when they do they call it a year and go bye bye. They sorta have to make sure there's a *carrot* to go after. I'm not a fan of the corruption system by any means(the negative effect annoys me) but I see why they used a rotation. I don't think its really worth getting a bunch of corruptions for SL leveling, the lack of HoA and Azerite armor stuff is probably the biggest power drop when we're leveling up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    My real curiosity is why the rotation is excessively convoluted and hard to predict. They could have easily had a reliable, obvious (or outright stated) schedule for corruptions so players knew what weeks they were getting what without this weird pattern solving.

I don't understand why Blizzard went the route they did with the corruption schedule. It seems needlessly confusing for no real benefit either to Blizzard or the player. That was the essence of my question.
    Well... they either had some higher purpose in mind for that or... they did not see it coming that players could possibly complain about YET ANOTHER thind

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That data is very suspect. Back to corruptions though, I assume if they put all the corruptions in the vendor all at once it would just make people grab all the corruptions and well when they do they call it a year and go bye bye. They sorta have to make sure there's a *carrot* to go after. I'm not a fan of the corruption system by any means(the negative effect annoys me) but I see why they used a rotation. I don't think its really worth getting a bunch of corruptions for SL leveling, the lack of HoA and Azerite armor stuff is probably the biggest power drop when we're leveling up.
    i have a feeling they didnt add them all because of the fact that some people had thousands of echoes and some people had none. instead of resetting the currency they are just drip feeding us the corruptions twice a week. once they have gone through the 4 week cycle i wouldnt be surprised if they all went up on the vendor permanently.

The real reason they have a rotation is, obviously, so people keep playing longer. OMG I need that Rank 3 Corruption but it's in 2 weeks and my subscription runs out in 5 days! Ah fuck it, play another month.

And keeping it vague makes that even more likely - hmm my sub runs out in 5 days but I MIGHT get my Corruption in 2 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The real reason they have a rotation is, obviously, so people keep playing longer. OMG I need that Rank 3 Corruption but it's in 2 weeks and my subscription runs out in 5 days! Ah fuck it, play another month.
    Why would people stay subbed for a corruption if they aren't going to play? Buffing your character with a corruption has absolutely no benefit if you aren't playing anymore. I can't really envision a person that says "I dont want to play this game anymore, but I'm going to pay for another month so I can buy this buff, and then I will cancel my sub." It's not like, say, some special promotion reward where if you come back someday it will still have value. Corruptions literally only are useful to characters that are playing the remainder of this expansion.

In any case, even if there are people out there who feel this way, they can't be significant in number. I know I personally don't care about what buffs I could be getting in games I'm not playing or planning to play. I'm not sure why WoW would be any different.

And keeping it vague makes that even more likely - hmm my sub runs out in 5 days but I MIGHT get my Corruption in 2 weeks...
    I don't really think that is the case. Even if a hypothetical person wants to buy the buff before they cancel their subscription, it doesn't really matter if they know it's in two weeks or they don't, if their plan is to cancel once they get it. It's still the same time frame whether they know or not. Obfuscating the schedule doesn't drag out subscriptions any. And if that was really the goal, they could put the best corruptions at the very end of the cycle and make the cycle rotate slower or include less options.

Don't get me wrong, I think Blizzard definitely makes design decisions to keep people playing, but I don't think this particular choice accomplishes that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Why would people stay subbed for a corruption if they aren't going to play? Buffing your character with a corruption has absolutely no benefit if you aren't playing anymore. I can't really envision a person that says "I dont want to play this game anymore, but I'm going to pay for another month so I can buy this buff, and then I will cancel my sub." It's not like, say, some special promotion reward where if you come back someday it will still have value. Corruptions literally only are useful to characters that are playing the remainder of this expansion.

In any case, even if there are people out there who feel this way, they can't be significant in number. I know I personally don't care about what buffs I could be getting in games I'm not playing or planning to play. I'm not sure why WoW would be any different.

I don't really think that is the case. Even if a hypothetical person wants to buy the buff before they cancel their subscription, it doesn't really matter if they know it's in two weeks or they don't, if their plan is to cancel once they get it. It's still the same time frame whether they know or not. Obfuscating the schedule doesn't drag out subscriptions any. And if that was really the goal, they could put the best corruptions at the very end of the cycle and make the cycle rotate slower or include less options.

Don't get me wrong, I think Blizzard definitely makes design decisions to keep people playing, but I don't think this particular choice accomplishes that.
    Releasing every corruption at once would also mean a huge content nerf in a whim across the board (imagine your whole raid showing up in bis corruptions on a nice wednesday/tuesday reset), and they are not quite ready for that. Probably?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Releasing every corruption at once would also mean a huge content nerf in a whim across the board (imagine your whole raid showing up in bis corruptions on a nice wednesday/tuesday reset), and they are not quite ready for that. Probably?
    Again, I'm not talking about releasing them all at once. I'm talking about having a transparent schedule for the rotation.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |