Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    So you find facrolling trought leveling content in retail fun? Completly mindless aoe pulling mobs without any danger with all its exp boosts what makes leveling on retail super fast and unrewarding? Ok.
    So you find facrolling trought leveling content in classic fun? Completly mindless single target pulling mobs without any complexity with all of its reduced exp values what makes leveling on classic super slow and unrewarding? Ok.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not about how hard it is, ravager from SM makes it easy, but it's really tedious, annoying and boring as dirt.

I level to 60 week 1 of classic launch, was absolutely one of the most painful things I've ever done in a game.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    So you find facrolling trought leveling content in classic fun? Completly mindless single target pulling mobs without any complexity with all of its reduced exp values what makes leveling on classic super slow and unrewarding? Ok.
    Leveling in classic isnt mindless or faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    slow =/= hard. Also 3 days for 8 levels is abysmal.
    'irl' days. You blind? that's like 1.2 day ingame I don't play 24hours a session

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    It's not about how hard it is, ravager from SM makes it easy, but it's really tedious, annoying and boring as dirt.

I level to 60 week 1 of classic launch, was absolutely one of the most painful things I've ever done in a game.
    If you knew how to play a warrior in Classic, you would knew that WW axe is better than the ravager. No wonder why if was painful for you

Because the time you spent going 1-30 as a warrior would’ve been 1-60 on legit any other class

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Because the time you spent going 1-30 as a warrior would’ve been 1-60 on legit any other class
    your math is off
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-06-01 at 01:15 PM.

I pooped today. I also ate a donut, but it was a bit old, so it didn't have a great texture.

Oh, also, I watched something on TV.

I feel like this has somewhat been explained to death, but:

Nothing in classic is hard to execute. It's a mixture of inaccessible and tedious.
    As in: as a completely new player, picking warrior means that you will die a lot at the start, because of the weird learning curve. And without the proper preperation (having buddies to get the right weapons, having consumeables, picking the right spec and so on), you have to wait around and wait for your health to recover a lot more than with other specs and can can only kill single mobs one at a time.

As someone who has learned how the game works and knows where to find guides on new specs to play, of course the leveling phase of the game you played for a decade isnt hard.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    So heres me, never played a warrior back in vanilla to bfa and now plays warrior in classic.

1 to 30lvl was annoying sometimes, but since I got the whirlwind axe at lvl 31 everything went smooth from there. I just kept doing dungeons which give like 5-6 bars per run + quests and then finish off 1 to 2 levels with quests.

Why on earth people are still stating that warriors are slow to level? I went from 40 - 48 in 3 irl days, am I missing something here or did blizzard nerf classic levelling?
    Yes, you ARE missing something.

1. You probably funneled gold/gear from your main. Which helps a lot.
    2. Everyone who said it was slow were people who didn't have help with WW axe quest and had to level the painful way.
    3. If you got help at 31, (I didn't) then I know for a fact it was a breeze to get to 40... well for me it was slow and annoying as shit.
    4. Everyone pretty much agrees that once you get the WW axe it's smooth sailing for a while. You got it early so it felt smooth for a long time for you.
    5. 50+ sucks again.
    6. You did DUNGEONS... I'm pretty sure the complaint was about SOLO QUESTING as a warrior.

So really the only time leveling a warrior is smooth and easy is 31-48ish (lets say 50) assuming you got help for the WW Axe.

While YOU PERSONALLY may have had an easy time, it doesn't mean leveling a warrior is easy for most. (By easy I mean compared to every other class)

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    'irl' days. You blind? that's like 1.2 day ingame I don't play 24hours a session
    No, I read your post just fine. 3 days is still terrible pace for 8 levels, no matter how you look at it. It is a testament to how terrible leveling in classic was. Or, well, is, I should say, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    No, I read your post just fine. 3 days is still terrible pace for 8 levels, no matter how you look at it. It is a testament to how terrible leveling in classic was. Or, well, is, I should say, I guess.
    so you are comparing leveling wow classic to wow bfa, lmao

go and buy a boost for $50+ to 110 and be a good boy
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-06-01 at 02:33 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anybody would claim that it's hard, it's just boring and tedious.

You have no real attacks until you hit 36, meaning that you have virtually zero input on leveling at all. It just doesn't feel engaging and all you're doing is charging into mobs, applying a couple sunder armors and auto attacking, and toggling an ability on/off to dump rage with heroic strike. Rogue isn't that much more interesting, but at least you can press a button every 4 seconds.

That's just my perspective leveling in classic from day one, and leveling a warrior 15 years ago in Vanilla as well. 15 years ago was even worse because nobody knew what they were doing and warrior talent trees were an absolute mess. At least this time around I knew about the weapon quest and people could help me get it. Getting WW axe is a huge power spike, but you still don't really feel it until you actually obtain whirlwind and eventually mortal strike.

Leveling in general whether it's classic or retail is pretty mindless, even if classic leveling is a bit 'harder'. It's just tuned such that you aren't suppose to pull more than 1-2 mobs at a time, unless you're twinking or getting shit fed to you months down the line. I certainly wouldn't call it difficult, but it's certainly tedious.

Actualy leveling in classic is far more fun than in retail so yeah. It all depends if you like playing mmorpg games or raid/dungeon esport simulators so.
    No, no it isnt at all. Leveling in classic is one of the worst things about classic

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    This answer is so incredibly stupid and off-point I wonder how someone could make it and honestly think he made an argument.
    So I guess it must be trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I feel like this has somewhat been explained to death, but:

Nothing in classic is hard to execute. It's a mixture of inaccessible and tedious.
    Nothing anywhere is hard to execute if we listen to people on the forum.
    In fact, nothing is hard because regardless of what it's about, someone will argue that "it's not hard, it's just [insert here whatever reason something is not hard, common choices are "tedious", "long", "just spamming", "only needing to keep eyes open", you can add any reason at will, be creative].
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-06-01 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    10/10 blog post my guy

Thanks for stopping by
    Thanks for posting to bump the topic you pile of trash.

Leveling in classic isnt mindless or faceroll.
    Yes it absolutely is. Most mobs have 1 ability past auto attack if you are lucky. And early-mid game you have 1-2 abilities to use. It is DULL as hell

So you find facrolling trought leveling content in retail fun?
    Yes

Completly mindless aoe pulling mobs without any danger with all its exp boosts
    Making me moist daddy

what makes leveling on retail super fast and unrewarding? Ok.
    "Rewarding" is something that players who give a shit about that kind of thing worry about. I play classic and retail and don't feel this magical rewarding feeling on classic either.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    No, no it isnt at all. Leveling in classic is one of the worst things about classic
    weird, I leveled 2 characters in the first month to 60. After doing a few raids, I quit, cause all I wanted was to relive my leveling experience of 2004. People have different taste. I find endgame in Classic to be so boring and shallow. While leveling, although can be boring at times, is a big journey that can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Thanks for posting to bump the topic you pile of trash.
    Literally 3 minutes later I don't think he needed the bump lol, also that's not nice.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Warriors, Paladins and to some extent rogues are slow to level because they have periods of downtime where they need to drink/eat up to get resources back. They also primarely scale through getting better gear (weapons more than anything) which while leveling isn't as common, meanwhile casters (including hunters) and druids scale with raw levels and to some degree stats ...all of which are easily obtainable while leveling.
    If you can get good weapons every couple levels then Warrior, Paladin and Rogue leveling speeds up a lot. Getting Whirlwind Axe at 31 is really early, so you either got help or bought the materials- which is fine but doesn't create a "true" experience. Guildie leveled a paladin alt and said it was easy, he bought himself blue and epic weapons for every 6-10 levels and put crusader on every weapon ...obviously that makes it easier.

But here's the thing, slow doesn't mean hard ...it means slow. Mages, Hunters, Warlocks and Druids can level incredibly fast ...but that doesn't mean that it's "easy". Leveling at max speed as a hunter takes knowledge about limits, using your own health as a resource to tank mobs. AoE leveling as mage means knowing how much you can safely pull, Warlock dot'ing up and drain tanking the same ...Druids aswell. All these classes are faster because they have more tools, tools that Warriors, Paladins and Rogues don't have.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!