Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't think warrior is necessarily hard, its just difficult because you have to heal out of combat and can get overwhelmed quickly by packs on monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    So heres me, never played a warrior back in vanilla to bfa and now plays warrior in classic.

1 to 30lvl was annoying sometimes, but since I got the whirlwind axe at lvl 31 everything went smooth from there. I just kept doing dungeons which give like 5-6 bars per run + quests and then finish off 1 to 2 levels with quests.

Why on earth people are still stating that warriors are slow to level? I went from 40 - 48 in 3 irl days, am I missing something here or did blizzard nerf classic levelling?
    most ppl buy mage boosts 4head

10+ Year Old Account
    So heres me, never played a warrior back in vanilla to bfa and now plays warrior in classic.

1 to 30lvl was annoying sometimes, but since I got the whirlwind axe at lvl 31 everything went smooth from there. I just kept doing dungeons which give like 5-6 bars per run + quests and then finish off 1 to 2 levels with quests.

Why on earth people are still stating that warriors are slow to level? I went from 40 - 48 in 3 irl days, am I missing something here or did blizzard nerf classic levelling?
    Mages nerfed levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao nobody said it was hard, they just said it's tedious, and it's objectively slower than the other classes.

3 days for 40-48 is slow, dude. They didn't nerf vanilla levelling. You just have a terrible memory of 2006 and remember it being slower than it actually was. Plus back then we were all 10x worse at the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is still going on? Warrior isn't hard and it isn't particularly slow *for a single target DPS*. My first 60 was a mage. I'm at 38 on a warrior that I play occasionally.I leveled a rogue in vanilla... and I think the difference is simply that some classes can pull and handle multiple mobs, some can't.

Look, most quests rely on you killing mobs either to get an item or just to kill X of them. Any class that can pull, say, 3 mobs at a time and kill them efficiently will be faster than a class that kills one at a time. But rogues, feral DPS etc also tend to pull single mobs. It's not just warrior, so let's not pretend that they're somehow slower than every other class.

TLDR: the division is between classes than kill one at a time and classes that can kill several at a time.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-06-05 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    weird, I leveled 2 characters in the first month to 60. After doing a few raids, I quit, cause all I wanted was to relive my leveling experience of 2004. People have different taste. I find endgame in Classic to be so boring and shallow. While leveling, although can be boring at times, is a big journey that can be fun.
    Yes leveling in Vanilla was a treat as everything was new and to a degree untamed. The magic is gone so leveling it now in 2019 and 2020 feels stale and tedious. You cant recreate a first time feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is still going on? Warrior isn't hard and it isn't particularly slow *for a single target DPS*. My first 60 was a mage. I'm at 38 on a warrior that I play occasionally.I leveled a rogue in vanilla... and I think the difference is simply that some classes can pull and handle multiple mobs, some can't.

Look, most quests rely on you killing mobs either to get an item or just to kill X of them. Any class that can pull, say, 3 mobs at a time and kill them efficiently will be faster than a class that kills one at a time. But rogues, feral DPS etc also tend to pull single mobs. It's not just warrior, so let's not pretend that they're somehow slower than every other class.

TLDR: the division is between classes than kill one at a time and classes that can kill several at a time.
    The difference between levelling a warrior and levelling a rogue or druid is stealth. While all three may only be able to pull on mob at a time two of them can go invisible. When I was levelling my warrior I'd run into situations when I had to kill my way through a bunch of mobs to get to the one I needed. In the same scenario a rogue or a druid could just stealth past to get where they need to.

One example I can remember vividly was the troll camp in northern STV where as a warrior to get the last chief I hand to clear to the top of the pyramid then I had to clear part of the top pyramid to be able to pull his body guards, then I had to reset him while keeping his body guards from resetting, then I could kill him. If I died at all then everything would have respawned and often I wouldn't have a safe place to single pull to.

it really depends how you track things, warrior and rogue are the "hardest" but compared to darksouls they're easy mode, preparation and the right mindset will help heaps and of course knowledge, but they're both really reliant on the weapon skill so ideally killing mobs under or equal to your level which might mean more traveling around.
    but compared to hunter/lock/mage which are pretty easy mode, and mage even more so if you have the skill to aoe grind.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Yes, you are missing something. Almost every class solo levels faster than Warriors. (I think Paladins have it worse). Leveling in dungeons is slower than questing, but likely seems easier or at least is more fun, but that doesn't make it faster.

Also, if you got the WW Axe at 31, you were carried by friends and/or guildies, as you can't get that solo. So having the WW Axe at 31 is a huge boost.

The point that people make about Warrior leveling is that it's slow and boring when playing solo. Get a Warrior to team up with anyone else, especially a healer, and it goes from worst to first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    it really depends how you track things, warrior and rogue are the "hardest" but compared to darksouls they're easy mode, preparation and the right mindset will help heaps and of course knowledge, but they're both really reliant on the weapon skill so ideally killing mobs under or equal to your level which might mean more traveling around.
    This was the key for me. Warrior is the only class I had to out level mobs I was fighting so I didn't have to eat or bandage between every pull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

My feral druid can pull 3 mobs at a time, heal while fighting them, regen mana while attacking, then immediately pull the next group with moonfire with no down time. My warrior would be dead. There's no comparison. My warrior pulled one at a time and would have to sit and eat or bandage after every 2nd or 3rd mob. If my warrior pulls 2 at a time, I'd be eating after every pull. I haven't played a rogue yet, but I've watched rogues pull 2 at a time and seem OK, but I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    People salty he got help getting WW axe. Obviously he did. Everyone gets help when they get it that early lmao. Stop pretending that you're calling him out for it, like you got him or something.
    No one is salty he got the WW Axe. We're calling him out for saying "leveling is easy" while his high level friends are carrying him. Yeah, no joke it's easy. Easiest leveling I've done is when my high level friends are carrying me, but I wouldn't jump over to the forums to boast about that. "Leveling in Classic is super easy guys, I just run behind my high level friends and collect the XP".

People who say leveling with a warrior is slow/boring/tedious, etc, are specifically talking about, "when playing solo and not being carried".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Most people leveled a warrior in the pre-warrior rework days and there was not the stack 4 warriors in a group and cleave everything down strat. After all the changes leading up to 1.12 it added more sustain, ability to kill stuff and the game was overall easier than pre-rework.

Soo dude gets help to get ww axe at 31 and gets 8 levels In 3 days (1.2 days played) and says warrior is NOT slow? I think op just doesnt know how to level fast In this game so he thinks that is some sort of proof that warriors arent slow..

I did 40-48 In one day with my mage (approx 12hours played). It is a fact that warrior is slower to level than most, even though getting ww axe at low lvl balances it out a lot. Its possible to level warrior quickly with melee-cleave dungeon runs though.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-06-06 at 09:06 PM.

I am actually playing solo since level 1. Excluding dungeons. As a matter of fact you can get the axe at level 30.
    Bull. The mobs you have to kill for the charms are level 38, if I remember right. The final mob you have to kill is an elite. No way are you soloing any of that at level 31. I did those quests when Classic was still the only WoW out there and I had help at the level of the quests, so don't even try to pull that on me.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account

lol

You got whirlwind at 31. When classic dropped most of us didn’t get it until 36 at the earliest. And I had to use it until 54. Try being 52 farming with it and of the monkey items. It’s not fun. Your definition of hard may vary but warrior is one hundred percent the hardest class to level in classic with no gear.

Hunter = Mage > Lock > Priest > Paladin > Rogue > warrior in difficulty. I’ve never done Druid or shaman so I can’t say for them personally.

But hunters can solo everything so well and efficiently that they’d be the easiest tied with mage who can grind aoe like a god. Then priests with auto wand spec, and locks with their shit. Paladin are slower than molasses but they don’t die and can solo mobs higher level than them easily.

Rogue annoying but I found when you get cheap shot it turns to be fast and easy. I dunno really Warrior is the only thing I can say was not fun and more difficult than the rest to level. Your own mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    lol

You got whirlwind at 31. When classic dropped most of us didn’t get it until 36 at the earliest. And I had to use it until 54. Try being 52 farming with it and of the monkey items. It’s not fun. Your definition of hard may vary but warrior is one hundred percent the hardest class to level in classic with no gear.

Hunter = Mage > Lock > Priest > Paladin > Rogue > warrior in difficulty. I’ve never done Druid or shaman so I can’t say for them personally.

But hunters can solo everything so well and efficiently that they’d be the easiest tied with mage who can grind aoe like a god. Then priests with auto wand spec, and locks with their shit. Paladin are slower than molasses but they don’t die and can solo mobs higher level than them easily.

Rogue annoying but I found when you get cheap shot it turns to be fast and easy. I dunno really Warrior is the only thing I can say was not fun and more difficult than the rest to level. Your own mileage may vary.
    Your argument does not convince me, even 1%.
    I played at launch from 1-40, getting the axe at level 31. What is your excuse? This axe is intended to be done at level 30.

The guide literally states you you need to have a solid wep progession.

A warrior sucks when you don't know how to play it properly. Warrior class was theory crafted to death and the levelling was pleasant.

peace out

I don't get why people think repaying student loans is hard.

I repaid mine before I was 30. My parents bought me an apartment and a car when I graduated, and I got a job at a family friend's company that paid six figures. So I was able to pay off my student loans very easily. After all, you're meant to get a good job after college, that's why you got to college.

Just don't get how people can say it's hard. SMH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    The difference between levelling a warrior and levelling a rogue or druid is stealth. While all three may only be able to pull on mob at a time two of them can go invisible. When I was levelling my warrior I'd run into situations when I had to kill my way through a bunch of mobs to get to the one I needed. In the same scenario a rogue or a druid could just stealth past to get where they need to.

True enough. Yes, that slows down the warrior but they also get XP from the kills.

I played at launch from 1-40, getting the axe at level 31. What is your excuse? This axe is intended to be done at level 30.

A warrior sucks when you don't know how to play it properly. Warrior class was theory crafted to death and the levelling was pleasant.

peace out
    The quest that requires you to...

Kill multiple level 33+ trolls
    Kill multiple 38+ elemental (or buy the crests from other people who killed them but you probably don't have the gold to do so)
    And finally kill a level 40 elite mob

Is designed to be done at level 30... Yeah no

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    The quest that requires you to...

Kill multiple level 33+ trolls
    Kill multiple 38+ elemental (or buy the crests from other people who killed them but you probably don't have the gold to do so)
    And finally kill a level 40 elite mob

Is designed to be done at level 30... Yeah no
    at level 30, you get that quest. WoW Vanilla was designed by the fact of helping others, so 5 more players can tag along and I am sure they can down that boss and the trolls

peace out
    YeAh Man And I GoT THis DeaDmIneS QueST aT LevEl 15 To KeeL thiS ClEEF guY, NeVErMiNd ThAt'S HE's 6 LEVeLS HiGhEr, I goT QuEST At 15 So It'S MaDE FoR pEoplE aT 15.

- - - Updated - - -

at level 30, you get that quest. WoW Vanilla was designed by the fact of helping others, so 5 more players can tag along and I am sure they can down that boss and the trolls
    They can't even fucking hit it if they're level 30, they'll get fucking 2 shotted.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    YeAh Man And I GoT THis DeaDmIneS QueST aT LevEl 15 To KeeL thiS ClEEF guY, NeVErMiNd ThAt'S HE's 6 LEVeLS HiGhEr, I goT QuEST At 15 So It'S MaDE FoR pEoplE aT 15.

- - - Updated - - -

They can't even fucking hit it if they're level 30, they'll get fucking 2 shotted.
    You okey?

they don't need to be level 30. They can be 35 or even 1 person can be 40. think.