View Poll Results: Do you trust your local police department?

Voters
143. This poll is closed
  • Yes absolutely! They protect and serve me.

105 73.43%
  • Absolutely not! They dont protect nor serve me

29 20.28%
  • I dont have a local PD / I want the results.

9 6.29%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, but im not living in US sooooo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to work two jobs and would need to call them in for certain situations so I ended up getting to know a few of them so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Please provide evidence that more police means less crime.
    More cops less crime? say it isnt so lol. Still fells very nice the more around wont you say? abit safer perhaps, no?
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    More cops less crime? say it isnt so lol. Still fells very nice the more around wont you say? abit safer perhaps, no?
    No, I'm asking you to prove that more cops mean less crime.

And no, actually. I don't feel safe with more police. I don't feel safe with even a single cop in this country. I don't feel safe even calling them because I do not want the blood of any of my black neighbours on my hands.

If that seems like a bad view to have; ya think? It's almost as if there's a problem with American police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, everyone's ideal utopia is a police state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Yes, everyone's ideal utopia is a police state.
    We know it's you Lee Kuan Yew.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

No, I'm asking you to prove that more cops mean less crime.

And no, actually. I don't feel safe with more police. I don't feel safe with even a single cop in this country. I don't feel safe even calling them because I do not want the blood of any of my black neighbours on my hands.

If that seems like a bad view to have; ya think? It's almost as if there's a problem with American police.
    Sorry this is sweden we have no issues with police here more then that they could use even more recources and funds and i see you sporting that acab stuff so why should i take you serious in any topic regarding the police? you obviously think all cops are bastards and it's quite the generalization you got going there we have quite a few local violent gang members having acab tattoed on their knuckles here all the same acting hard until they need the law lol.

Also didnt you say you want a cop free world? i can tell you right here that that will never happen so you can stop dreaming and save some time there humans are simply to violent and have a violent history to have no law enforcement and to keep them away from society, perhaps i should show you what happens in those places where they have no or next to no police presence but i would get banned for posting gory videos.

I can understand your pissed about your events going on and i hope they sort things out there but to want a police free world and sporting acab on your profile is just hilarious to say the least i suggest you open up a couple history books or go to the dark side of the internet and see what's goign on where they lack proper law enforcements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry this is sweden we have no issues with police here
    Are there really, though?

The riots that have raged in the suburbs of Stockholm for the past week were triggered by an incident in Husby, north of Stockholm, last Monday evening, when the police brutally shot and killed a man in his own house and in front his wife. According to the police, the man had been wielding a knife and threatening them.

Shortly after the incident, the police released a statement saying that the man was seriously injured and had been taken to hospital for treatment. This version of events didn't survive for long, however: witnesses had seen the man's corpse being picked up from his apartment several hours after the press release was published. In light of this new information, the police then withdrew their previous press release and made an attempt to rectify the situation.

The incident might have worked as a trigger for the riots that followed, but it was certainly not an isolated instance of police brutality in contemporary Swedish society. The recent debate on the controversial government-initiated Reva project – an attempt to accelerate the deportation of illegal immigrants – has exposed the brutal and illegal methods used by law enforcement agencies, mainly against non-white Swedes.

Harassment and racial profiling of non-white Swedes has become increasingly normal police work. Only last week, a Swede of African origin was refused entry at a local club in Malmö for the simple reason that he was wearing traditional African clothes. The police picked him up soon after – in the process of his arrest, he broke his arm and was locked up in a cell for almost six hours without being able to seek medical help.

There are many more examples of the law enforcement agencies using excessive violence against socially excluded groups and enjoying impunity. Police investigations into such cases have often ended with officers being let off the hook, creating a sense of frustration for victims of police brutality.

That's a 7 year old article.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a 7 year old article.
    2018: Sweden Worried by Fatal Police Brutality
    2019: Swedish Police Violently Remove a Pregnant Woman from a Train Car
    2019: A Study Discussing The Increasing Prevalence of Racially Motivated Bias in Swedish Police

Doesn't seem like it's quite gone away yet.

It's almost as if the concept of police inherently creates these sorts of situations.

Your trying really hard to make it look like all cops are a issue there but no one is going to take you serious wanting a cop free world (that will never happen btw) and sporting all cops are bastards so sorry but your attempts at painting all cops as a issue even outside of the US are just laughable at best and we are doing very nice here indeed a couple more prisons and some more resources and funds for the police would not hurt but i heard they will increase their budget in the near future so they are not going anywhere more like expanding abit instead so very nice.

Nice attempt at trying to paint your own little experiences and thoughts over to every other cop there but it aint working and even in the US your little dream of a police free state/nation will not come to pass, sadly but that's just how the world is and will continue to be.

I do hope they fix your issues as you need it but police around the world are not going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your trying really hard to make it look like all cops are a issue there but no one is going to take you serious wanting a cop free world (that will never happen btw) and sporting all cops are bastards so sorry but your attempts at painting all cops as a issue even outside of the US are just laughable at best and we are doing very nice here indeed a couple more prisons and some more resources and funds for the police would not hurt but i heard they will increase their budget in the near future so they are not going anywhere more like expanding abit instead so very nice.

Nice attempt at trying to paint your own little experiences and thoughts over to every other cop there but it aint working and even in the US your little dream of a police free state/nation will not come to pass, sadly but that's just how the world is and will continue to be.

I do hope they fix your issues as you need it but police around the world are not going anywhere.
    You can just admit you were wrong about Sweden being some police utopia, you know.

And no, Minneapolis is currently in discussion for ways to disband their police department entirely in the wake of this incident. So you didn't 'hear' it, you made it up.

But yeah it's hilarious making threats of police brutality for people guilty of the crime of...protesting police brutality. Real smart. :thumbs up:
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-06-04 at 12:17 AM.

But yeah it's hilarious making threats of police brutality for people guilty of the crime of...protesting police brutality. Real smart. :thumbs up:
    There is a thread for that think you missed it as i never said such thing i condemn both the police and looters/people rioting something most people have a very hard time doing you included it seems it's always but but lmao i have no issues with peacefull protests at all and condemn police violence against them as they are dumb as fuck using violence against them but im more then free to condemn and call looters and murderers dumb as fuck too.

You can just admit you were wrong about Sweden being some police utopia, you know.
    Doing more then fine here compared to most of the nations on this planet well most civilized to be fair there is plenty of not so civilized nations not doing so well in that area but who can blame them with so much corruption and poverty.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-06-04 at 01:28 AM.

I haven't had any police interaction in years, but when I was a social worker I saw them a fair amount - mostly to assist with petitions for involuntary hospitalization. Some of them were okay, but it was more negative than positive. They treated the people who needed help often as they might a criminal - very antagonistic, which made it harder to get them to come with the EMTs without the use of force. Police also took A LOT longer when responding to black neighborhoods. I think my record is something in the ball park of 12-13 hours.

It was also abundantly clear that despite the large number of mentally ill folks in the city, the police had very little training with how to handle them.

I recall a situation where I was helping a homeless vet who suffered from schizophrenia get his DD-214 for some benefit he needed to apply for so we went to the government buildings by the courthouse. We had to go through a metal detector and he set it off due to a rod in his hip or something from an old car accident. He suffered from the paranoid type of schizophrenia so when they escalated, he escalated. I tried explaining the situation and seeing if we could all deescalate and not make this worse and was commanded by the the police to stand aside and "shut up". It of course got worse from there because my guy despite his medications was not capable of being the rational one and the only thing the police were trained to do is command and order. What this guy needed was someone to talk to him rather than screaming at him. Extra police were called and tbh I don't remember how we got through it. I just remember as we were getting on the elevator to go to the clerk's office the police were spraying air freshener at him and telling him he stunk. Yeah my client needed to work on his hygiene, but that's pretty dehumanizing.

Do I think the police are bad in my area? Not at all benefit of living in a smaller community. However I do not depend on them to "protect" me.

It is your job to protect yourself it is the polices job to enforce laws IMO. That an would take the cops probably least 20 min to get where I am
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly yes. They could use more funding from the state to handle more cases at the same time, but overall individual officers, yes.

To become a cop here you need 2 and a half years long education first, which goes a long way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, my personal experiences with my Police department were mostly positive. They do their job when they reasonably can. They helped me out on 2 occasions out of 4 I filled a complaint with them and other 2 cases were just a lost cause from a get-go and I filled a complaint with a full understanding that likelihood of them helping there is close to 0.

The said cases they could not assist with were:

1. Bicycle I parked outside the building with a lock got stolen.

2. Forgetting to lock the door of my apartment at night and some asshole entering it while I slept and grabbing some backpack with almost nothing in it and getting away.

Bicycle is hopeless - city area where I parked it was bordering a known trouble "hood", where gangs were stealing bikes for parts and resell in some shady shops. Same went for the backpack - there was no camera that could have spotted the guy inside or outside the building, so it was hopeless and the loss was absolutely minimal - so I did not push the case anyway.

The cases where Police did help:

1. Funny, but when I was an eleven years old kid, some bunch of a bit older kids I did not even know decided to harass me. Passerby officers seen that and intervened, so great job there.

2. Before the army, I spent several months helping out for free in some community computer center that was offering kids in less well-off neighborhood to use PCs for almost free. So some 18 years old dolt that frequented the place asked for a phone call with my cell, I gave it to him and meanwhile assisted some other kid with his stuff on PC. The guy vanished and next day or so he called my mother's cell, she did not answer so it went to answering machine where he left a message for me to come to some spot at some time and bring what amounted to ~100 bucks and not tell police or else "will be not good for you".

Thanks for the tip, I guess. Of course I went to police with that recording and they arranged ambush with unmarked car, cameras and marked bills. That asshole brought his friend to the meeting, guess they wanted to grab the money and keep the phone, so they grabbed the money and at that moment police officers came out of the car and plastered them on the ground. Got my phone back right there.

Good job guys!

I voted third. Here, it really depends on 1. where you are, and 2. your race.

10+ Year Old Account
    My local police are bored, but pretty chill.

15+ Year Old Account
    100% trust, i also dont live in a shithole country, so that helps a lot.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s