View Poll Results: Do you trust your local police department?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes absolutely! They protect and serve me.

    105 73.43%
  • Absolutely not! They dont protect nor serve me

    29 20.28%
  • I dont have a local PD / I want the results.

    9 6.29%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    In Canada here cops are pretty chill.

  2. #122
    Pandaren Monk Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    1,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    1. Unarmed mediation and intervention teams.
    Well, Brits already have unarmed police officers on the streets, so why not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    2. The decriminalization of almost every nonviolent crime.
    The paradise for tax evaders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    3. Restorative justice.
    I had to google it, it looks just like the first ever implement law, Tabellion's Law, wich just stated this ''an eye for an eye, a theeth for a theeth'', this law didn't worked quite well for obvious reasons, being the first, the fact that you could claim an eye from anyone that had judged you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    4. Direct democracy at the community level.
    Cities here in Portugal already have that, they called Parishes (Juntas de Freguesia).

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    5. Community patrols.
    Leed by who? By local residents, that often became as bad, or worst the Police?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    6. Actual fucking mental healthcare.
    Why not? Mental care its free in a lot of countries, including mine.

  3. #123
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Well, Brits already unarmed police officers on the streets, so why not?
    Police are not mediation and intervention teams.

    And no, British police manage to be plenty brutal without being armed. The problem is the idea of traditional policing.

    The paradise for tax evaders.
    Do you not know what the word "almost" means?

    Also, do you not know what "decriminalize" means? Something can be illegal but not be criminal.

    I had to google it, it looks just like the first ever implement law, Tabellion's Law, wich just stated this ''an eye for an eye, a theeth for a theeth'', this law didn't worked quite well for obvious reasons, being the first, the fact that you could claim an eye from anyone that had judged you
    Or you could have just read the fucking article.

    "Also known as reparative or transformative justice, these models represent an alternative to courts and jails. From hippie communes to the IRA and anti-Apartheid South African guerrillas to even some U.S. cities like Philadelphia’s experiment with community courts, spaces are created where accountability is understood as a community issue and the entire community, along with the so-called perpetrator and the victim of a given offense, try to restore and even transform everyone in the process. It has also been used uninterrupted by indigenous and Afro-descendant communities like San Basilio de Palenque in Colombia for centuries, and it remains perhaps the most widespread and far-reaching of the alternatives to the adversarial court system."

    Cities here in Portugal already have that, they called Parishes (Juntas de Freguesia).
    Cool, most places don't.

    Leed by who? By local residents, that often became as bad, or worst the Police?
    Citation needed.

    Local residents are keyed in to issues that cause crime in a way that traditional police departments are not. They are also significantly more accountable by virtue of being local residents.

    Why not? Mental care its free in a lot of countries, including mine.
    The point being it is not in many places and the police are used as an alternative.

    Again, it's almost like you didn't read the article. Shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  4. #124
    They are doing a fine job keeping the trash emm i mean violent criminals of the streets. Could use more recources and funding though and more prisons with so many criminals around and the prisons full also longer sentences to keep them away more some are quite the joke here and they are out in no time.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  5. #125
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,001
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They are doing a fine job keeping the trash emm i mean violent criminals of the streets. Could use more recources and funding though and more prisons with so many criminals around and the prisons full also longer sentences to keep them away more some are quite the joke here and they are out in no time.
    Please provide evidence that more police means less crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  6. #126
    Pandaren Monk Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    1,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Police are not mediation and intervention teams.

    And no, British police manage to be plenty brutal without being armed. The problem is the idea of traditional policing.
    Traditional policing? Could you define that? Back in the XIX century most places didn't had any police force, and things were a lot more violent, you just need to watch an old (i admit, normally exagerated) western movie.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Do you not know what the word "almost" means?

    Also, do you not know what "decriminalize" means? Something can be illegal but not be criminal.
    And you asking that to a portuguese guys? For god's sake, we were the first country in the world to decriminalize the use of drugs, except the systhem doesn't work like you think. Dealers always end in jail as it is supposed to.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Or you could have just read the fucking article.

    "Also known as reparative or transformative justice, these models represent an alternative to courts and jails. From hippie communes to the IRA and anti-Apartheid South African guerrillas to even some U.S. cities like Philadelphia’s experiment with community courts, spaces are created where accountability is understood as a community issue and the entire community, along with the so-called perpetrator and the victim of a given offense, try to restore and even transform everyone in the process. It has also been used uninterrupted by indigenous and Afro-descendant communities like San Basilio de Palenque in Colombia for centuries, and it remains perhaps the most widespread and far-reaching of the alternatives to the adversarial court system."
    The jeovah's have a similar systhem, were the Elders are supposed to deal with the infractors, guess what? They normally don't do a shit, because they can't put him in jail, which means the infractor normally keeps doing is shit. The systhem only works if the infractor is aware that is has done something wrong, in real life, most of those that are taken to court only want to clear their own skin.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Citation needed.

    Local residents are keyed in to issues that cause crime in a way that traditional police departments are not. They are also significantly more accountable by virtue of being local residents.
    So, militias... Right, just unleash the uneducated orcs into the streets.


    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The point being it is not in many places and the police are used as an alternative.
    I don't know how it works in your country, here, if necessary the police will take people with mental problems to the local psychiatric hospital, its part of their job anyway, that is why the mental healthcare systhem is free, some people with problems wouldn't be able to afford it.

  7. #127
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    So, militias... Right, just unleash the uneducated orcs into the streets.
    Nice dogwhistle, but I saw Bright too. Ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  8. #128
    Pandaren Monk Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    1,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Nice dogwhistle, but I saw Bright too. Ignored.
    Militias always end the same way, with sameone being spanked, often to death, i've seen this happen here.

  9. #129
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,658
    Of course, but im not living in US sooooo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  10. #130
    The Lightbringer Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,751
    I used to work two jobs and would need to call them in for certain situations so I ended up getting to know a few of them so yes.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Please provide evidence that more police means less crime.
    More cops less crime? say it isnt so lol. Still fells very nice the more around wont you say? abit safer perhaps, no?
    Do you hear the voices too?

  12. #132
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,001
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    More cops less crime? say it isnt so lol. Still fells very nice the more around wont you say? abit safer perhaps, no?
    No, I'm asking you to prove that more cops mean less crime.

    And no, actually. I don't feel safe with more police. I don't feel safe with even a single cop in this country. I don't feel safe even calling them because I do not want the blood of any of my black neighbours on my hands.

    If that seems like a bad view to have; ya think? It's almost as if there's a problem with American police.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    More cops less crime? say it isnt so lol. Still fells very nice the more around wont you say? abit safer perhaps, no?
    Yes, everyone's ideal utopia is a police state.

  14. #134
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Yes, everyone's ideal utopia is a police state.
    We know it's you Lee Kuan Yew.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No, I'm asking you to prove that more cops mean less crime.

    And no, actually. I don't feel safe with more police. I don't feel safe with even a single cop in this country. I don't feel safe even calling them because I do not want the blood of any of my black neighbours on my hands.

    If that seems like a bad view to have; ya think? It's almost as if there's a problem with American police.
    Sorry this is sweden we have no issues with police here more then that they could use even more recources and funds and i see you sporting that acab stuff so why should i take you serious in any topic regarding the police? you obviously think all cops are bastards and it's quite the generalization you got going there we have quite a few local violent gang members having acab tattoed on their knuckles here all the same acting hard until they need the law lol.

    Also didnt you say you want a cop free world? i can tell you right here that that will never happen so you can stop dreaming and save some time there humans are simply to violent and have a violent history to have no law enforcement and to keep them away from society, perhaps i should show you what happens in those places where they have no or next to no police presence but i would get banned for posting gory videos.

    I can understand your pissed about your events going on and i hope they sort things out there but to want a police free world and sporting acab on your profile is just hilarious to say the least i suggest you open up a couple history books or go to the dark side of the internet and see what's goign on where they lack proper law enforcements.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  16. #136
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,001
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sorry this is sweden we have no issues with police here
    Are there really, though?

    The riots that have raged in the suburbs of Stockholm for the past week were triggered by an incident in Husby, north of Stockholm, last Monday evening, when the police brutally shot and killed a man in his own house and in front his wife. According to the police, the man had been wielding a knife and threatening them.

    Shortly after the incident, the police released a statement saying that the man was seriously injured and had been taken to hospital for treatment. This version of events didn't survive for long, however: witnesses had seen the man's corpse being picked up from his apartment several hours after the press release was published. In light of this new information, the police then withdrew their previous press release and made an attempt to rectify the situation.

    The incident might have worked as a trigger for the riots that followed, but it was certainly not an isolated instance of police brutality in contemporary Swedish society. The recent debate on the controversial government-initiated Reva project – an attempt to accelerate the deportation of illegal immigrants – has exposed the brutal and illegal methods used by law enforcement agencies, mainly against non-white Swedes.

    Harassment and racial profiling of non-white Swedes has become increasingly normal police work. Only last week, a Swede of African origin was refused entry at a local club in Malmö for the simple reason that he was wearing traditional African clothes. The police picked him up soon after – in the process of his arrest, he broke his arm and was locked up in a cell for almost six hours without being able to seek medical help.

    There are many more examples of the law enforcement agencies using excessive violence against socially excluded groups and enjoying impunity. Police investigations into such cases have often ended with officers being let off the hook, creating a sense of frustration for victims of police brutality.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's a 7 year old article.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  18. #138
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,001
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    That's a 7 year old article.
    2018: Sweden Worried by Fatal Police Brutality
    2019: Swedish Police Violently Remove a Pregnant Woman from a Train Car
    2019: A Study Discussing The Increasing Prevalence of Racially Motivated Bias in Swedish Police

    Doesn't seem like it's quite gone away yet.

    It's almost as if the concept of police inherently creates these sorts of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Your trying really hard to make it look like all cops are a issue there but no one is going to take you serious wanting a cop free world (that will never happen btw) and sporting all cops are bastards so sorry but your attempts at painting all cops as a issue even outside of the US are just laughable at best and we are doing very nice here indeed a couple more prisons and some more resources and funds for the police would not hurt but i heard they will increase their budget in the near future so they are not going anywhere more like expanding abit instead so very nice.

    Nice attempt at trying to paint your own little experiences and thoughts over to every other cop there but it aint working and even in the US your little dream of a police free state/nation will not come to pass, sadly but that's just how the world is and will continue to be.

    I do hope they fix your issues as you need it but police around the world are not going anywhere.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  20. #140
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    49,001
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Your trying really hard to make it look like all cops are a issue there but no one is going to take you serious wanting a cop free world (that will never happen btw) and sporting all cops are bastards so sorry but your attempts at painting all cops as a issue even outside of the US are just laughable at best and we are doing very nice here indeed a couple more prisons and some more resources and funds for the police would not hurt but i heard they will increase their budget in the near future so they are not going anywhere more like expanding abit instead so very nice.

    Nice attempt at trying to paint your own little experiences and thoughts over to every other cop there but it aint working and even in the US your little dream of a police free state/nation will not come to pass, sadly but that's just how the world is and will continue to be.

    I do hope they fix your issues as you need it but police around the world are not going anywhere.
    You can just admit you were wrong about Sweden being some police utopia, you know.

    And no, Minneapolis is currently in discussion for ways to disband their police department entirely in the wake of this incident. So you didn't 'hear' it, you made it up.

    But yeah it's hilarious making threats of police brutality for people guilty of the crime of...protesting police brutality. Real smart. :thumbs up:
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-06-04 at 12:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •