View Poll Results: Are you better at remembering faces or names?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Remember Faces

18 85.71%
  • Remember Names

3 14.29%
    5+ Year Old Account

Are you better at remembering faces or names?

I want to say I am better at remembering faces. I think I am more of a visual person. I can remember names as long it is long-term memory like from my middle school yearbooks or a family relative like grandpa grandma aunt uncle someone of importance to me.

Definitely not names, but I"m not that great at faces either.

I can't remember names to save my life. There are people I've known for years that I could easily pick out of a crowd, but I couldn't tell you their name without a reminder.

Faces, though it really depends on memorable quirks. I have a few dudes in my social media friends list I can't remember who they are and why I have them there. Their accompanying names haven't helped. Then I have acquaintances I know, but frequently get their names wrong (thankfully not to them themselves, but to mutual acquaintances).
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

15+ Year Old Account
    Faces, even after years and even if I only see them for a short amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Faces. I can remember numbers pretty well, but not names. I sometimes forget the person's name shortly after greeting them for the first time.

It probably isn't so strange either. Recognizing faces is a pretty important trait to have (from an evolutionary perspective). Names are more abstract.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Neither. I am terrible with names and faces. I recall instances much more easily, "Oh that was the person we had a meeting with last week."

I have a partial photographic memory, I remember almost every location I have ever been if I think hard enough and peoples faces and names very easily.

To the point where I can walk around peoples houses in my minds eye and some other random shit.

It's gotta be faces, right? I mean, doesn't a name usually require placing a face for it? Not always, but usually.