Poll: Group etiquette for kicking. Why kick someone?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Have you ever voted to boot someone from the group in game or otherwise if so why?

Typically for being AFK for more than a few minutes without any explanation. Or if going AFK frequently. In extreme circumstances if disruptive.

What’s a bad reason to kick someone and have you ever voted not to kick?

Generally for having bad gear because you shouldn't have invited them in the first place. I vote not to kick quite a bit if no explanation given.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    We are talking about groups, not raids. How would you know any of those things? Why the problem with young and old people (what do you even consider old)? You can't tell if someone is easily stressed out or has anxiety issues in a dungeon. I've played for 15 years, never had anyone weep or cry in a group? What do you do to these people? We don't even talk, and I'm definitely not asking if anyone's a bigot or right-winger or religious, and they obviously won't tell anyway.

All those things might be important in a guild, where you want people to fit in and maybe make some friends, but none of that is important in a group, unless it actually affects performance.
    I was not speaking on a game specifically. I was talking about groups in general, be one in a game or real-life task-related group.

Here is what I had to say on my view of group cohesion: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52395626

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I was not speaking on a game specifically. I was talking about groups in general, be one in a game or real-life task-related group.
    Right. Seeing this is a WoW forum, I figured it was about WoW groups. My bad.

Mostly afk or toxic/disruptive people

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the random afk person, i remember one guy: He opened up with a massive wall of text talkin about how he is gonna pull his way and only his way and anyone disagreeing with him will get blocked, then he proceeded to wait infront of every pack for like a minute and started argueing when you just said the slightest thing, even when the group just pulled without him and kept going he was still spamming walls and walls of texts until we kicked him. Funnily enough after we kicked him and finished the dungeon i queued another one since it was during leveling and i met him again, told the new group of the previous run and we kicked him again. lol
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-06-12 at 12:08 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Have you ever voted to boot someone from the group in game or otherwise if so why?

Yes typically because they were being an asshat or not following the group.

Someone who says afk and has to use the bathroom.

Typically it should be a 15Min courtesy wait.

Few exceptions like if someone else already took a potty break or we just started a group activity.
    95% of the time I vote kick someone is because of being AFK. In some very rare cases the player is intentionally being a huge asshole and doesn't want to do anything or is being toxic. However most of the time when some people are slightly toxic or they just argue about something then I don't vote kick them.... I think that vote kicking itself can often be toxic. I'd say the worst reason to kick someone is simply because they are not good enough for you.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man, the 4 (at the time of this writing) people who voted they would never kick, I could only hope that one day I develop your level of patience.

I've initiated kicks for people who are AFK the most (unresponsive for several minutes/no heads up type of people).
    I've done it for people being purposefully detrimental as well, such as a DPS pulling extra mob packs, constantly talking shit instead of just playing, or otherwise doing something to troll the group.
    When a vote-kick option pops up on my screen, the above two are the criteria for "will I kick yes?".
    If the person did nothing wrong and someone's trying to kick them, I have no problem hitting the 'no' option, but odds are the other 2 people hit yes out of reflex and the person gets kicked anyway.
    Such is life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other. The only times I've voted in favor of kicking someone is if they're directly contributing to the group not succeeding. Someone trolling by mass-pulling and MDing onto the healer, for example, or someone who spends the entire run raging in chat rather than doing their job, or someone who stands in the back of the group contributing nothing but their idle animations.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I once voted to boot someone because they had an ugly transmog.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only when people AFK.
    When people fail i try to prevent that but most votes count.
    If im tanking and people are beiing elitist and they kick some noob, im out as well.
    Unless the noob is not learning and pulling shit on purpose.

I mean, it's more than just a WoW forum, it's specifically the WoW designated section of the WoW forums specifically mentioning voting people out of a group.

It's a bit odd to come in talking about real life groups.

For answering the topic, I only vote to kick in extreme situations usually, like someone being a complete jerk (flaming another repeatedly, constant toxicity, etc), AFK or D/C'ed for more than 5-10 minutes although if the AFK person mentioned a real life issue came up, I'll usually just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    Holy moly, 15 mins? Isnt it like the entire dungeon run? Who has time for that?! He didnt have the courtesy to make time for us nor the courtesy to leave, because its an issue on his side, so why should all of us suffer and have the mercy with him?
    /kick Slacker The Kingslayer (reason: Too hot to handle).
    Basically, poop on your own time. Having to pee is one thing, but 15 min for a 10 min dungeon is excessive.

I was once voted to be kicked from the group because my hunter pet pulled. Only i was running lone wolf and had no pet.

So you can see that wow players are as a rule generally mentally deficient.

10+ Year Old Account

For pulling as DPS when tank/healer aren't ready. Like seriously, why is "let the tank pull" so hard a concept for a lot of players?
    For being afk or dc'ed for too long
    For being bad, and I mean bad. Like "wtf" bad. In leveling content, I'm fairly forgiving, so if I'm kicking you for being bad, it's "you need to uninstall and find a new hobby, like playing with blocks" bad.

Low dps in leveling dungeons. I mean, if it's like stupidly low, like AFK /follow low, then yeah. But most the time, who gives a shit?
    For not having heirlooms. Never happened to me but I've heard of it.

Had an incident during the Cata timewalking. We had a disco priest and the rogue was getting upset that the disco priest was doing DPS. Thing is, no one was dying, he just didn't like the fact that the priest was doing DPS. He initiated a VTK, then bitched in party chat when it failed. Then the rest of us ripped into the rogue and explained to him exactly how disco priests work. "Healer doing dps just ain't right" was the last thing he said before quitting the group.
    Putin khuliyo

I vote kick for the people who are afk, usually afk on purpose as I have yet to see someone say anything prior oe when called out on it.

As for me I was vote kicked for telling the tank to stop pullin so I could mana up, when asked why I was running low on mana I pointed out the Dps took more damage then him on every pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Who the hell needs 15 min to use the restroom?
    Depends on the size of schnitzel I ate last night.
    Putin khuliyo

Originally this thread was in another off-topic section of the forum. It was moved.

Yes. My favorite was a Warrior in Classic who joined as Fury DPS but took over the tanking role and began chain pulling mobs. The healer requested a break to drink and restore mana but the tank just told the healer to keep up and charged the next pull. Tank died and wouldn't accept the rez so I booted him from the group. Don't think I even had to cast a vote since it was classic. I just dumped the guy and we finished the instance with four people including a proper tank.

I won't boot anyone as long as they're working with the group and using good communication. There's too many reasons why players may do things which seem crazy to me but are legitimate to them. Plus, i've done my fair share of stupid things too. No sense booting people who are at least willing to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Of course. I am a merciless group culler.

I do not want anyone not actively engaged or who is performing poorly in my groups.

Also if you have a lot of questions that are either stupid or exhausting in how you ask, you are gone.

No one should have to take many breaks either. If you need a break every 15 mins; 1. you should not be part of a group and 2. should def. not be part of my group.

I also don't need you to waste time chatting about stupid or random stuff. Control yourself.

No children in the group unless they are exceptional contributors.

No old people. Same as above.

Anyone easily stressed out.

Anyone with anxiety issues.

Anyone who cries or weeps.

No bigots.

No right-wingers.

No religion.

English only.
    Seen you are 7 years member here i can go and say you are old person now.

Back when the ability to kick people first came out, most people were retarded and would click "yes" no matter what reason. I got bored in timewalking when a tank or something left and started voting to kick, with goofy reasons like "doesn't like pie", "not racist", and "hates WOW". Must have went through 4 people before someone asked that we quit kicking everyone.

But yea, mostly for being AFK nowadays. People finally quit being tools.