Poll: Group etiquette for kicking. Why kick someone?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Tank kept pulling 10 packs, and both tank and DPS got pissy when I couldn't possibly keep the heals up.

initiated a vote kick on tank for poor heals, vote passed, and then DPS realized I'd just pulled a fast one on them, and quickly left, taking deserter debuff. Next group instanced in pretty quickly, and the run was fun from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Have you ever voted to boot someone from the group in game or otherwise if so why?

Yes typically because they were being an asshat or not following the group.

What’s a bad reason to kick someone and have you ever voted not to kick?

Someone who says afk and has to use the bathroom.

Typically it should be a 15Min courtesy wait.

Few exceptions like if someone else already took a potty break or we just started a group activity.
    Yes. A lot. Back in Cata. Because 5ppls was so hardcore there, that many players weren't ready to do them. Such things, like kick CD, deserter for being kicked by others (not leaving) and kick imun were actually implemented back then to prevent excessive kicking and players, asking to kick them, cuz they didn't want to continue, but didn't want to get deserter for that.

Recently? For AFK/disconnect only.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No right-wingers.
    LOL did those pesky free-market loving right wingers hurt your feelings?

Only when it is absolutely justifiable. I decline troll kicks.

5+ Year Old Account
    I usually won't initiate a vote kick on principle, but I'll vote affirmative if someone is being an outright dickhead. I am pretty unstable and not super great at the game so I get the boot sometimes and its almost always a fair cop.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Of course. I am a merciless group culler.

I do not want anyone not actively engaged or who is performing poorly in my groups.

Also if you have a lot of questions that are either stupid or exhausting in how you ask, you are gone.

No one should have to take many breaks either. If you need a break every 15 mins; 1. you should not be part of a group and 2. should def. not be part of my group.

I also don't need you to waste time chatting about stupid or random stuff. Control yourself.

No children in the group unless they are exceptional contributors.

No old people. Same as above.

Anyone easily stressed out.

Anyone with anxiety issues.

Anyone who cries or weeps.

No bigots.

No right-wingers.

No religion.

English only.
    This is Karen tier right here lol. I can't confirm or deny that I have this same exact list though.
    Horde always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    LOL did those pesky free-market loving right wingers hurt your feelings?
    If only those existed.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Have you ever voted to boot someone from the group in game or otherwise if so why?

Yes typically because they were being an asshat or not following the group.

What’s a bad reason to kick someone and have you ever voted not to kick?

Someone who says afk and has to use the bathroom.

Typically it should be a 15Min courtesy wait.

Few exceptions like if someone else already took a potty break or we just started a group activity.
    I voted "AFK longer than X", but really, the 2nd choice has applied as well.

I don't do much pug content, but I have consideration for those I'm playing with; if I need a quick break for some reason I'll ask in chat, and I will make it quick. If I need a long bio, I'll leave the group (I generally DPS, and we are easily replaced, *sniff*). If someone AFK's without saying something I wouldn't wait more than a minute or so (once realized, in some content you may not even notice) before mentioning that said player has gone missing, maybe we should check the abandoned well or something.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"