Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    in what world has BFA become good? it's fucking as shit as it was.. nothing huge happened to suddenly make it better

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I didnt want Legion to end but here we are.
    I didn’t want wrath to end yet....

10+ Year Old Account
    I just need a breath of fresh air and that breath of fresh air is Shadowlands. New zones, new armor, new lore and less grinds that aren't gear. I was never fond of azerite and having to grind it. It wasn't nearly as satisfying as leveling artifact weapons and gaining artifact power. I could care less about upgrading my legendary cloak because I find visions boring. If I were to get into them, it would involve being able to do them whenever I want like a keystone or raid. The whole time gating you from doing them whenever is idiotic. Essences were meh. I hated having to have the right essences for the right situations just to be efficient. Don't even get me started on corruption. I just felt like RNG was displaced and the amount of RNG layering was cumbersome. I just want a fresh restart with Shadowlands and the main grind being gear. Sure there will be some endless grind, but there won't be multiple grinds and feeling the pressure of keeping on with multiple systems just to play at a high level.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The one thing almost every expansion has in common is starting off at its weakest point and gradually improving - with a few exceptions ofc. But i'm sure Shadowlands won't be any different in that regard.

Resets are why it keeps pulling me back. Every major patch and every expansion I'll hope on.

Those initial weeks are fantastic because the ilvl requirements for content hasn't sunk in yet since everyone is still gearing up. All the content is relatively new so people will be a lot more forgiving of those who haven't completed said content.

And I meet a lot less assholes too. I like BfA, but the fresh start is great. So no thank you, I'd like to keep the resets ^^

Tbh I get you OP, but you worded it wrongly. And yes, I think it's time to quit. When the new content looming on the horizon isn't "yay more stuff to do!" but "there we go again let's spin the hamster wheel..." then it's a sign you've outgrown this game and time to move on.

Personally I consider it myself, wow has become a jealous mistress that leaves less and less room for doing anything else outside of it. From TBC to WOD there were periods of rush and periods of lull, after that they switched to this "continuous progression" model where we never are allowed a break unless we take it ourselves and just unsub. I never understood what a wow burnout is until legion / bfa.

For example adding corruption vendor not at 8.3 launch but several months later feels like dragging us back into the hamster wheel at a period where we should have been enjoying end of expansion R&R and just waiting for new expac or finishing some achievs and collections, not grind again on our mains.

There's a turning point where there's so many things you could potentially do that you don't care to do any of them anymore, the game became too daunting for completionists, and for casuals it's easy to drown in the sea of potential content without even knowing what's impactful and what isn't.

Yes, I usually do not want expansions to end, but not because I don't want to level my characters and do new stuff - but because I want to finish more and more obscure grinds for missing legacy collectibles. For someone who is very achievement/collectible/mount oriented, every couple months after patch release is just completing all the new stuff. This period right now I find more relaxing, because I can just relax and do some timewalking, finish off the missing island expedition stuff, and maybe even do some pvp to eventually reach that 500 honor level.

Also agreed with the expansion end power argument. Possibly partially due to the longest content draught in the expansion life cycle, we always end up getting the most powerful after the final patch, which makes it more fun. That's why I mostly usually do pvp at the end of expansions.

On the other hand though...getting new stuff before you are finished completely with the old stuff is needed and refreshing. I've been playing wow on and off, and in total I played through 4 "expansion to expansion transitions", and only 3 of those where I had played for an extended time in the expansion that was ending (Wotlk, Legion, BfA). I always had the feeling of "don't end please" but at least twice now I also had the "oh shit I needed this so much" feeling, once it actually came out. Sure, I may not have every single toy dropping from obscure random spawns in Seat of Triumvirate, but some new substantial content brings refreshment.

As a bit of a side note I have to say that I don't really get you OP, and here I don't mean only this thread, but in general. You seem to want to be a completionist, but you don't want to actually spend time doing it. BfA may have had some major problems with game systems, but there's no question that it was heaven for collectors. There's just so much stuff to farm it's crazy. And yet you mostly complained about it on this forum from what I remember. Spending 2 million on boosting your characters to max level that you mentioned in this thread is just another sign that tells me that you aren't really enjoying the completionist game, but for some reason you feel you have to still pursue it. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and ask yourself what is it that you actually enjoy and what you expect out of the game.

For me, while I'd love a couple more weeks or months here and there to get some missing legacy collectibles, in the end I love getting new stuff to farm and revel in camping more and more rares for mounts.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

The beginning and the end of an expansion are my favorite parts. Now we get to enjoy the power we've been gaining, do challenging stuff and have the entire expansion polished and open to us. We've got months to do it.

But stagnation isn't WoW's principle. Other MMOs barely change or add anything major for years. Thankfully WoW is not them and after a while it will be time for a next chapter.

I prefer a never ending adventure, over a static monotony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    [B]So now that BFA is finally good
    I'm sorry, what? 8.3 is bad even according to many Blizzard apologists. The game is not good in any capacity right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Yeah. You know Shadowlands is going to be exactly the same. The corruption vendor proves they haven't changed at all.

Covenants will be an extremely sore point all expansion long only to be "fixed" in 9.3.5 to rapturous applause from fanboys and shills.

If at this point you haven't realized they do it on purpose then I don't know what to tell you.

That being said..... How can you not want BfA to end. Worst expansion ever made.
    they do what on purpose?bad game design choices so people quit a month in?yeah doubt it,they are just bad

i dont like the current world of warcraft pvp state,Fifa ultimate team have more pvp content than world of warcraft,i would recommend player choose reliable fifa coins trade marketplace to get good equipment.
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    "Soft resets" are necessary to get people back into the game. I won't be playing again until SL because I hated BFA, just like I hated Legion, etc.

WTF are you going to do on a char that you never have to level or gear up again. That sounds dreadfully boring never having anything to look forward too and just grinding the same dailies over and over and accumulating a mass of gold for *no reason* because you'll eventually not have anything to work for.
    Its called horizontal progression and exist in many games , but no worries WoW will always be a mindless grind for eternity because blizzard agree's with you which is why there is 0 substance or fun in content just grind grind grind. There can exist absolutely no content in this game without some crazy grind attached to it, because blizzard knows the game has no substance, therefore people with your mentality will just grind endlessly while the rest of us are bored asfuck.

At the very least they should have long ago cut back on the resets between xpacs, and those are not what you call soft reset LOL they are HARD resets, every piece of gear gets replaced, your stats turn to absolute dogshit, your spec feels fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    they do what on purpose?bad game design choices so people quit a month in?yeah doubt it,they are just bad
    They definitely do it on purpose, because they don't care what we think, they have a vision and run with it regardless or whether we like it or not. They've proven this with legion and bfa design, its not that they can't learn from mistakes, they refuse to because they don't agree with us about bad design because all that registers in their pea-brains are statistics and grinds. Blizz logic: hey if people participated in it, they loved it! 10/10
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-06-02 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Its called horizontal progression and exist in many games , but no worries WoW will always be a mindless grind for eternity because blizzard agree's with you which is why there is 0 substance or fun in content just grind grind grind. There can exist absolutely no content in this game without some crazy grind attached to it, because blizzard knows the game has no substance, therefore people with your mentality will just grind endlessly while the rest of us are bored asfuck.

At the very least they should have long ago cut back on the resets between xpacs, and those are not what you call soft reset LOL they are HARD resets, every piece of gear gets replaced, your stats turn to absolute dogshit, your spec feels fucking awful.

They definitely do it on purpose, because they don't care what we think, they have a vision and run with it regardless or whether we like it or not. They've proven this with legion and bfa design, its not that they can't learn from mistakes, they refuse to because they don't agree with us about bad design because all that registers in their pea-brains are statistics and grinds. Blizz logic: hey if people participated in it, they loved it! 10/10
    Cant think of a single "horizontal progress" game, likely because they are incredibly unpopular. For a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Corruption was 100% designed the way it was to elongate play time and get addicted people to keep pulling the slot machine over and over again to get the right corruption.

You think they purposefully design these systems horribly, over and over again? So the implication is that they're morons? Because that's what you're suggesting.

You think they just magically decided they agreed with the feedback 5 months into the patch cycle? When players started to leave in droves?

Then on top of that they put the Corruption vendor on a rotation. Elongating subs again?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    WoW's progression scheme is terrible and it always has been.. it's just about power creep and pretty much nothing else.
    How do you do an RPG that requires character progression without doing character progression? That's not a game I want to play.

I love BFA but I love new expansions more. I always enjoy first few months of new expansion most, when everything is fresh, new and shiny. Stagnant times like currently on live are ok-ish but there is very little excitment playing, it's more like a daily/weekily routine and "ok" fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    WoW's progression scheme is terrible and it always has been.. it's just about power creep and pretty much nothing else.
    Power creep in mmorpg? UNHEARD OF!!!!

Yeah and i didnt want WoD to end cause i love my garrison and classes were more fun back then (and there was more content that could be made in auchindon, farahlon and the ogre continent).

BfA though, has too much fat. The gear/trait/essence/corruption system is overwhelming and needs to go asap. I liked BfA at launch aside from azerite gear and titanforging randomness but the patches wete downright terrible. Just kept making it worse and worse. Hopefully SL is the release from this crazyness.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-06-02 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Why do some countries use the decimal like that? That's not how it works in computers, calculators, science, etc. How do you manage to go back and forth between using it incorrectly in prose and using it functionally in computers and calculators?
    We don't in my country, but since I write in English I keep it that way lol. Its just american to use . instead of , I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yes, I usually do not want expansions to end, but not because I don't want to level my characters and do new stuff - but because I want to finish more and more obscure grinds for missing legacy collectibles. For someone who is very achievement/collectible/mount oriented, every couple months after patch release is just completing all the new stuff. This period right now I find more relaxing, because I can just relax and do some timewalking, finish off the missing island expedition stuff, and maybe even do some pvp to eventually reach that 500 honor level.

Also agreed with the expansion end power argument. Possibly partially due to the longest content draught in the expansion life cycle, we always end up getting the most powerful after the final patch, which makes it more fun. That's why I mostly usually do pvp at the end of expansions.

On the other hand though...getting new stuff before you are finished completely with the old stuff is needed and refreshing. I've been playing wow on and off, and in total I played through 4 "expansion to expansion transitions", and only 3 of those where I had played for an extended time in the expansion that was ending (Wotlk, Legion, BfA). I always had the feeling of "don't end please" but at least twice now I also had the "oh shit I needed this so much" feeling, once it actually came out. Sure, I may not have every single toy dropping from obscure random spawns in Seat of Triumvirate, but some new substantial content brings refreshment.

As a bit of a side note I have to say that I don't really get you OP, and here I don't mean only this thread, but in general. You seem to want to be a completionist, but you don't want to actually spend time doing it. BfA may have had some major problems with game systems, but there's no question that it was heaven for collectors. There's just so much stuff to farm it's crazy. And yet you mostly complained about it on this forum from what I remember. Spending 2 million on boosting your characters to max level that you mentioned in this thread is just another sign that tells me that you aren't really enjoying the completionist game, but for some reason you feel you have to still pursue it. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and ask yourself what is it that you actually enjoy and what you expect out of the game.

For me, while I'd love a couple more weeks or months here and there to get some missing legacy collectibles, in the end I love getting new stuff to farm and revel in camping more and more rares for mounts.
    Thank you! Good post. Its true that I can feel like complaining a lot about grinding in wow, but when you are that kind of player, you know grinds are only getting worse and worse...The new mounts in 8.2 and 8.3 is examples of that. Now a days I see that every patch add's something I will never bother to get, which is fine - But it did not use to be like that. So a new cycle only seems to worsen this problem with more and more complexity, RNG and systems that needs work.

I do try to step back some-times in wow hard-line, like I dont do pet achievements. I just...no, yes I sit at 31k nerd points, having almost no pet achievements done, but thats my line there...Dont know what else I can do than just give up, cause I only get so much time in wow between patches...cause it seems to me you spend more time "playing the game" than going back and catching up with old stuff these days.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-06-02 at 06:42 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We don't in my country, but since I write in English I keep it that way lol. Its just american to use . instead of , I think?

Thank you! Good post. Its true that I can feel like complaining a lot about grinding in wow, but when you are that kind of player, you know grinds are only getting worse and worse...The new mounts in 8.2 and 8.3 is examples of that. Now a days I see that every patch add's something I will never bother to get, which is fine - But it did not use to be like that. So a new cycle only seems to worsen this problem with more and more complexity, RNG and systems that needs work.

I do try to step back some-times in wow hard-line, like I dont do pet achievements. I just...no, yes I sit at 31k nerd points, having almost no pet achievements done, but thats my line there...Dont know what else I can do than just give up, cause I only get so much time in wow between patches...cause it seems to me you spend more time "playing the game" than going back and catching up with old stuff these days.
    Oh, i thought you want specifically BfA to not end. That reads kind of gross.
    As a collector, I'd kind of agree with this but NOT in BfA. Or Legion for that matter.
    Start of the new expansions is what I actually like. Hunting down rares, completing zone achieves, doing reps (before WoD) etc. Haven't felt that "rush" since Mop tho. Everything has become this struggling. Toys pets and mounts dropping from idiotic activities with long spawntime on low droprate. But this is more of a game design thong not expansion specific feature and it won't get better. If anything it gets worse and worse.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-02 at 06:55 PM.

Yep, i also do not want new content. Just do the same world quests over and over and over and run nyalotha in all eternities. That's worth my money!