Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love BFA but I love new expansions more. I always enjoy first few months of new expansion most, when everything is fresh, new and shiny. Stagnant times like currently on live are ok-ish but there is very little excitment playing, it's more like a daily/weekily routine and "ok" fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    WoW's progression scheme is terrible and it always has been.. it's just about power creep and pretty much nothing else.
    Power creep in mmorpg? UNHEARD OF!!!!

Yeah and i didnt want WoD to end cause i love my garrison and classes were more fun back then (and there was more content that could be made in auchindon, farahlon and the ogre continent).

BfA though, has too much fat. The gear/trait/essence/corruption system is overwhelming and needs to go asap. I liked BfA at launch aside from azerite gear and titanforging randomness but the patches wete downright terrible. Just kept making it worse and worse. Hopefully SL is the release from this crazyness.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-06-02 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Why do some countries use the decimal like that? That's not how it works in computers, calculators, science, etc. How do you manage to go back and forth between using it incorrectly in prose and using it functionally in computers and calculators?
    We don't in my country, but since I write in English I keep it that way lol. Its just american to use . instead of , I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yes, I usually do not want expansions to end, but not because I don't want to level my characters and do new stuff - but because I want to finish more and more obscure grinds for missing legacy collectibles. For someone who is very achievement/collectible/mount oriented, every couple months after patch release is just completing all the new stuff. This period right now I find more relaxing, because I can just relax and do some timewalking, finish off the missing island expedition stuff, and maybe even do some pvp to eventually reach that 500 honor level.

Also agreed with the expansion end power argument. Possibly partially due to the longest content draught in the expansion life cycle, we always end up getting the most powerful after the final patch, which makes it more fun. That's why I mostly usually do pvp at the end of expansions.

On the other hand though...getting new stuff before you are finished completely with the old stuff is needed and refreshing. I've been playing wow on and off, and in total I played through 4 "expansion to expansion transitions", and only 3 of those where I had played for an extended time in the expansion that was ending (Wotlk, Legion, BfA). I always had the feeling of "don't end please" but at least twice now I also had the "oh shit I needed this so much" feeling, once it actually came out. Sure, I may not have every single toy dropping from obscure random spawns in Seat of Triumvirate, but some new substantial content brings refreshment.

As a bit of a side note I have to say that I don't really get you OP, and here I don't mean only this thread, but in general. You seem to want to be a completionist, but you don't want to actually spend time doing it. BfA may have had some major problems with game systems, but there's no question that it was heaven for collectors. There's just so much stuff to farm it's crazy. And yet you mostly complained about it on this forum from what I remember. Spending 2 million on boosting your characters to max level that you mentioned in this thread is just another sign that tells me that you aren't really enjoying the completionist game, but for some reason you feel you have to still pursue it. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and ask yourself what is it that you actually enjoy and what you expect out of the game.

For me, while I'd love a couple more weeks or months here and there to get some missing legacy collectibles, in the end I love getting new stuff to farm and revel in camping more and more rares for mounts.
    Thank you! Good post. Its true that I can feel like complaining a lot about grinding in wow, but when you are that kind of player, you know grinds are only getting worse and worse...The new mounts in 8.2 and 8.3 is examples of that. Now a days I see that every patch add's something I will never bother to get, which is fine - But it did not use to be like that. So a new cycle only seems to worsen this problem with more and more complexity, RNG and systems that needs work.

I do try to step back some-times in wow hard-line, like I dont do pet achievements. I just...no, yes I sit at 31k nerd points, having almost no pet achievements done, but thats my line there...Dont know what else I can do than just give up, cause I only get so much time in wow between patches...cause it seems to me you spend more time "playing the game" than going back and catching up with old stuff these days.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-06-02 at 06:42 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We don't in my country, but since I write in English I keep it that way lol. Its just american to use . instead of , I think?

Thank you! Good post. Its true that I can feel like complaining a lot about grinding in wow, but when you are that kind of player, you know grinds are only getting worse and worse...The new mounts in 8.2 and 8.3 is examples of that. Now a days I see that every patch add's something I will never bother to get, which is fine - But it did not use to be like that. So a new cycle only seems to worsen this problem with more and more complexity, RNG and systems that needs work.

I do try to step back some-times in wow hard-line, like I dont do pet achievements. I just...no, yes I sit at 31k nerd points, having almost no pet achievements done, but thats my line there...Dont know what else I can do than just give up, cause I only get so much time in wow between patches...cause it seems to me you spend more time "playing the game" than going back and catching up with old stuff these days.
    Oh, i thought you want specifically BfA to not end. That reads kind of gross.
    As a collector, I'd kind of agree with this but NOT in BfA. Or Legion for that matter.
    Start of the new expansions is what I actually like. Hunting down rares, completing zone achieves, doing reps (before WoD) etc. Haven't felt that "rush" since Mop tho. Everything has become this struggling. Toys pets and mounts dropping from idiotic activities with long spawntime on low droprate. But this is more of a game design thong not expansion specific feature and it won't get better. If anything it gets worse and worse.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-02 at 06:55 PM.

Yep, i also do not want new content. Just do the same world quests over and over and over and run nyalotha in all eternities. That's worth my money!

I will never understand people who say they hate leveling, but will grind world quests or dailes on end without a hiccup. It's literally the same thing except in leveling at least you aren't doing the exact same 5-10 quests over and over lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    in what world has BFA become good? it's fucking as shit as it was.. nothing huge happened to suddenly make it better
    The raids were fine, the dungeons were fine (Mechagon being one of the best 5 mans the've pulled in the game if you ask me), art and music was fine. Story was bad, but it had some good parts (Jaina's story).

The only real negative parts I can pinpoint are the RNG/Borrowed power loot shenanigans (Azerite/Essences/Corruption)

I think people exagerate how "bad" BfA was

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Oh, i thought you want specifically BfA to not end. That reads kind of gross.
    As a collector, I'd kind of agree with this but NOT in BfA. Or Legion for that matter.
    Start of the new expansions is what I actually like. Hunting down rares, completing zone achieves, doing reps (before WoD) etc. Haven't felt that "rush" since Mop tho. Everything has become this struggling. Toys pets and mounts dropping from idiotic activities with long spawntime on low droprate. But this is more of a game design thong not expansion specific feature and it won't get better. If anything it gets worse and worse.
    haha, yea I dont mind that BFA ends, but I also dont want BFA to end, now that its good...well better. I know that might not make good clear sense, but thats how I see it. Now I got all this gear, but only so little time before its pointless and gets reset to just have same outcome in 2 years from now.
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    The raids were fine, the dungeons were fine (Mechagon being one of the best 5 mans the've pulled in the game if you ask me), art and music was fine. Story was bad, but it had some good parts (Jaina's story).

The only real negative parts I can pinpoint are the RNG/Borrowed power loot shenanigans (Azerite/Essences/Corruption)

I agree. People complained about too many "grinds" like azerite, essences, etc... but it was barely a grind.

I think a big problem is that people have collected an army of alts over the past several expansions and burn themselves out by keeping them all up to date with their mains.

Oh, BFA is bad...quit bad, BUT! its now gotten better, as all expansion are - Do not tell me your favourite expansion >insert here< didnt start out bad, but eventually also got better over time, just to replace it with a new bad exspansion...repeat x 34534

So I know that often my opinions are the same with other users on mmo-c, we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...so yea, often we agree on same things, despite what some threads might tell otherwise

But I know 1 thing that people don't agree with me; I don't like expansion resets. I honestly haven't liked an expansion reset since probably cata.

So I wanna start with saying that BFA, just like most instances had issues - I main a feral, so you don't haft to tell me how bad feral druid was on launch, or how average guardian druid still is, but as all other expansion, the problems gets ironed out over time, and suddenly even a turd can become OK.
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

On top of that, now that we finally have last patch of expansion we got our army of alts lvl'd up, some gear, and "the routine" of say lock out farms, gold farming be it AH or whatever you do, it all just flows...You can chip away at it now, you don't haft to endure shitty new grinds, thats just there to increase MAU.

On top of that, your main is a gut damn gut-slayer, with unfathomable power. Our gear level has never been more insane than it is now with corruption gear- And its fun...tbh. I just got my BIS corruption (I think...) sorted out now with help from the new mother stuff, and now in few months all this fun, all this time to catch up on other grinds in wow, its all gone, to repeat the same shitty build-up, that leads to the same conclusion as BFA is now.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow, but I honestly wouldn't mind never having to level or gear my druid up more. Now everything just flows...He'll, if I get bored of any of the number of grinds I could try and catch up to that I still need to do, I can do that...but no, BFA ends soon so I haft to hurry to focus on content that might get removed or what do I know...

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...

TLDR; Blizzard makes a new turd, just to make that turd polished to what we have now, and repeat. At least BFA now works, and we can have some fun and time to catch up with stuff in wow...At times I wish a new expansion would never come to wow again, just big major patches only.
    Tough? Every expansion has to end.

Things you mention are the bare minimum. Show me an expansion where raids weren't "fine", dungeons weren't "fine", music wasn't "fine". All the negatives you mention: how classes play, borrowed power things weren't a thing before Legion, and it causes a lot of trickle down effect on many front, so just by that it raises basically every expansion superior to BfA.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-02 at 07:27 PM.

class design is dogshit, rng is dogshit, story was dogshit, all the borrowed power is dogshit

Can't wait for this expansion to end. This expansion been an utter shit show and be glad to see Azerite, Corruption, WF/TF gone.

Oh, BFA is bad...quit bad, BUT! its now gotten better, as all expansion are - Do not tell me your favourite expansion >insert here< didnt start out bad, but eventually also got better over time, just to replace it with a new bad exspansion...repeat x 34534
    Dunno, I started at the very end of BC, but I kind of liked wrath all along. Cata was tough because I played a healer, and a resto shaman which meant sucking at the beginning and then like a switch, being basically god at the last patch, even in mop, dear god, resto was dogshit up until soo. That was kind of a theme. But i simply didn't raid, still had a lot of other content to log in for. I stopped raiding altogether with Legion, because I will not do the borrowed power game. I just won't. But now what can I do. Sit on 6 alts (5-6 hour waiting) to camp Houndlord Ren so maybe he will drop his mount? Such gameplay. Want more of this. /s
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-02 at 07:39 PM.

I agree with OP but that's why I primarily play GW2 now a days. The end game is horizontal which is nice.

I never thought i would miss WoD but oh man do i miss that expansion. Perfect for a pvper like myself. Lvling was smooth, classes were more complete and had a lot more abilites, easy to get up alts, as soon as you ding 100 you queue bgs get gear for arena/rbgs no rngs no bs full control of my progression. Can't bare to play even one alt in bfa currently, having to do Nazjatar, farm azerite, farm AP, farm echoes, farm mythics and farming cloak and visions just to be play the game, is so beyond stupid. Literally have to do everything but the thing i want to do in this game.

Only thing i will miss is Boralus, i like that place, best capital they have made in a long time.
    Last edited by SirDjord; 2020-06-02 at 07:45 PM.

Great news, OP, SL is making sure BFA doesn't end.

- No real changes to class design, just returning buttons
    - Same WQs and daily hubs
    - The Lich Queen starring in her third expansion
    - Story already looks like a train wreck
    - Same crappy item systems
    - Pinky swear that anima power is not Azerite/artifact power, honest!

I'd love to be proven wrong, but this is the first expansion I'm not buying on launch. Not after BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Things you mention are the bare minimum. Show me an expansion where raids weren't "fine", dungeons weren't "fine", music wasn't "fine". All the negatives you mention: how classes play, borrowed power things weren't a thing before Legion, and it causes a lot of trickle down effect on many front, so just by that it raises basically every expansion superior to BfA.
    Cataclysm ended with a BAM! Dragon Soul being one of the biggest let-downs in the history of WoW.
    Highmaul in WoD was trash
    Many people criticize TotC in WotLK for being a random filler raid (although I personally really liked it)
    MoP? Half of the raids were trash. ToT was what carried the raid scene in that expansion. Siege was ok, but people got burned out.

The borrowed power and AP grind of Legion spewed over to BfA. So I would blame Legion for that

And story wise, nothing beats the atrocity of WoD. You know something is going to be trash when a franchise pulls an "alternate universe" cop-out.

And I still think Mechagon is one of the most memorable 5-mans in the game. The quality of it even outshined some raid content.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-06-02 at 09:44 PM.

BfA's insane loot grind killed all my interest in the expansion, rendering it the absolute worst expansion they have ever released in my opinion. Granted Legion had its fair share of this with the artifact and legendary systems, but my dps in Legion (for most classes) actually consisted on physical abilities I had pressed and not a litany of passive effects.

Seriously, take a look at your damage logs and see how insanely weak your core skills are compared to your azerite skills and corruptions. Its depressing to know how easily a less-skilled player of the same class can dramatically overtake you in damage due to having lucky drops. I ended up quitting during Legion for something similar, and BfA somehow made that situation even more of a problem.