Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I kinda missed when BFA became fun as you say though... can't relate.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I kinda missed when BFA became fun as you say though... can't relate.
    early xpac warmode participation
    s2 m+
    8.2 essences/nazjatar/mechagon

that's about it here
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2020-06-09 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So I know that often my opinions are the same with other users on mmo-c, we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...so yea, often we agree on same things, despite what some threads might tell otherwise

But I know 1 thing that people don't agree with me; I don't like expansion resets. I honestly haven't liked an expansion reset since probably cata.

So I wanna start with saying that BFA, just like most instances had issues - I main a feral, so you don't haft to tell me how bad feral druid was on launch, or how average guardian druid still is, but as all other expansion, the problems gets ironed out over time, and suddenly even a turd can become OK.
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

On top of that, now that we finally have last patch of expansion we got our army of alts lvl'd up, some gear, and "the routine" of say lock out farms, gold farming be it AH or whatever you do, it all just flows...You can chip away at it now, you don't haft to endure shitty new grinds, thats just there to increase MAU.

On top of that, your main is a gut damn gut-slayer, with unfathomable power. Our gear level has never been more insane than it is now with corruption gear- And its fun...tbh. I just got my BIS corruption (I think...) sorted out now with help from the new mother stuff, and now in few months all this fun, all this time to catch up on other grinds in wow, its all gone, to repeat the same shitty build-up, that leads to the same conclusion as BFA is now.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow, but I honestly wouldn't mind never having to level or gear my druid up more. Now everything just flows...He'll, if I get bored of any of the number of grinds I could try and catch up to that I still need to do, I can do that...but no, BFA ends soon so I haft to hurry to focus on content that might get removed or what do I know...

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...

TLDR; Blizzard makes a new turd, just to make that turd polished to what we have now, and repeat. At least BFA now works, and we can have some fun and time to catch up with stuff in wow...At times I wish a new expansion would never come to wow again, just big major patches only.
    I am sorry but what is good about BFA now?

- - - Updated - - -

This expac is a dumpster fire from start to finish.I have never seen so many patches and catch up mechanics added yet it still feels terrible to play an alt.One of my favorite things and what keeps me entertained through an expac is alts.I don't know why blizzard has such a boner for killing alts.

I took advantage of the xp increase and decided to level some alts.In past expacs after i finished leveling an alt i would have fun and look forward to gearing them and playing them.Maybe not at the level of my main,but at least have fun on them.After my first 2 alts i just completely gave up trying to do anything with them.So back to my main that i can't really do anything with and slowly over the past couple months i log in less and less and less.Now i log in maybe 3 or 4 times a week.I do the boring visions i raid and do a m+15 and that is it.Soon i will probably unsub cause i just don't see the point to it.I can't have fun on alts with out going through 30 hoops to get decent on all the crap they want you to have in this expac. :***(

As I said I know people don't agree with me on this I even had this talk with a friend before. But as I see it, shadowlands with just give us new problems, and new MAU increasing grinds, that will lead us down the same path as BFA eventually did...cause BFA is actually OK, not great (I have played all expansions....so I know which "lul periods were best). I mean, its gotten so bad for me in legion and BFA I even skip some grinds until flying was added to the game, cause why bother go hard on some things until that MAU grind gets switched on...etc etc, I could go on :P
    Well I agree with you. Late expansion gives you more freedom to do the stuff you want (vs the stuff you need). Besides, you can be more efficient:you know the zones, the quests and you can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Well I agree with you. Late expansion gives you more freedom to do the stuff you want (vs the stuff you need). Besides, you can be more efficient:you know the zones, the quests and you can fly.
    Exactly, now BFA is at least not a dumpster fire, and lets not kid ourselfs...Shadowlands will start our rough and coarse until they eventually fix that as well, just as any other expansion before it...Legion legendaries were so bad on launch among other things, but then that expansions also got fixed...Only to give us BFA launch.

@Bigcountry11782 Read my other replies or the full OP. Never said BFA is good, but its now better and bearable, and thats better than having to tread through another 2-3 patches of fixes to new problems a new expansion always gives us :P I have rarely ever heard anyone like the launch more than the last patch of an expansion...just saying.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

So I know that often my opinions are the same with other users on mmo-c, we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...so yea, often we agree on same things, despite what some threads might tell otherwise

But I know 1 thing that people don't agree with me; I don't like expansion resets. I honestly haven't liked an expansion reset since probably cata.

So I wanna start with saying that BFA, just like most instances had issues - I main a feral, so you don't haft to tell me how bad feral druid was on launch, or how average guardian druid still is, but as all other expansion, the problems gets ironed out over time, and suddenly even a turd can become OK.
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

On top of that, now that we finally have last patch of expansion we got our army of alts lvl'd up, some gear, and "the routine" of say lock out farms, gold farming be it AH or whatever you do, it all just flows...You can chip away at it now, you don't haft to endure shitty new grinds, thats just there to increase MAU.

On top of that, your main is a gut damn gut-slayer, with unfathomable power. Our gear level has never been more insane than it is now with corruption gear- And its fun...tbh. I just got my BIS corruption (I think...) sorted out now with help from the new mother stuff, and now in few months all this fun, all this time to catch up on other grinds in wow, its all gone, to repeat the same shitty build-up, that leads to the same conclusion as BFA is now.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow, but I honestly wouldn't mind never having to level or gear my druid up more. Now everything just flows...He'll, if I get bored of any of the number of grinds I could try and catch up to that I still need to do, I can do that...but no, BFA ends soon so I haft to hurry to focus on content that might get removed or what do I know...

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...

TLDR; Blizzard makes a new turd, just to make that turd polished to what we have now, and repeat. At least BFA now works, and we can have some fun and time to catch up with stuff in wow...At times I wish a new expansion would never come to wow again, just big major patches only.
    i can sympathise with that

for last couple of expansions i kinda with that they had already in place automatic legacy system - aka whenever expansion ends you can just copy your toons to legacy server and continue playing that expansion there

i get it its imposible because thi woudl deatract people from new expansion but imo it would be perfect model of how legacy should work

I mean I can jump onboard with the expansion reset thing. Don't get me wrong.. I understand why it has to happen and see it being a worse situation if it didn't but it certainly has gotten tiresome now after all these years to build up, expansion drops, level goes up, power goes down, grind gear to get back to power, expansion drops, level goes up, power goes down, and grind gear to get back to power over and over again. It has gotten kind of compounded with the need to stat squish and now even level squish almost every or every other expansion. It all feels really lazily done.

As soon as I noticed I would have to be constantly on my main or have the feeling that the time spent on an alt is a time I'm missing out on main gear progression (hello AP) is when I gave up on BFA/Legion. I can understand not wanting power to be reset. Coming from Mobas I'm also used to just jumping in the game and playing the game without having to grind just to start playing the game but boy this expansion needs to be reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    As soon as I noticed I would have to be constantly on my main or have the feeling that the time spent on an alt is a time I'm missing out on main gear progression (hello AP) is when I gave up on BFA/Legion.
    Sadly this is their new "golden formula" that will keep going forward and forward every expansion, world quests or w/e else menial grind you have to do all patch long until next patch adds guess what, another grind on top, just to "constantly progress your main". Covenants / soulbinds will be the same, torghast will be the same. If you think they will ever revert to the formula of "grind for 2-3 weeks on your main, then be done with it, raidlog / pvp / m+ on it and focus on alts", no, this will never return because retention metrics and /played time obsession, maybe in the big population not that many people like alts they decided to sacrifice them for the sake of pleasing people who want to sit on their main every day and still "have something to do".

BFA can't end fast enough.