Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    in what world has BFA become good? it's fucking as shit as it was.. nothing huge happened to suddenly make it better
    The raids were fine, the dungeons were fine (Mechagon being one of the best 5 mans the've pulled in the game if you ask me), art and music was fine. Story was bad, but it had some good parts (Jaina's story).

The only real negative parts I can pinpoint are the RNG/Borrowed power loot shenanigans (Azerite/Essences/Corruption)

I think people exagerate how "bad" BfA was

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Oh, i thought you want specifically BfA to not end. That reads kind of gross.
    As a collector, I'd kind of agree with this but NOT in BfA. Or Legion for that matter.
    Start of the new expansions is what I actually like. Hunting down rares, completing zone achieves, doing reps (before WoD) etc. Haven't felt that "rush" since Mop tho. Everything has become this struggling. Toys pets and mounts dropping from idiotic activities with long spawntime on low droprate. But this is more of a game design thong not expansion specific feature and it won't get better. If anything it gets worse and worse.
    haha, yea I dont mind that BFA ends, but I also dont want BFA to end, now that its good...well better. I know that might not make good clear sense, but thats how I see it. Now I got all this gear, but only so little time before its pointless and gets reset to just have same outcome in 2 years from now.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    The raids were fine, the dungeons were fine (Mechagon being one of the best 5 mans the've pulled in the game if you ask me), art and music was fine. Story was bad, but it had some good parts (Jaina's story).

The only real negative parts I can pinpoint are the RNG/Borrowed power loot shenanigans (Azerite/Essences/Corruption)

I agree. People complained about too many "grinds" like azerite, essences, etc... but it was barely a grind.

I think a big problem is that people have collected an army of alts over the past several expansions and burn themselves out by keeping them all up to date with their mains.

Oh, BFA is bad...quit bad, BUT! its now gotten better, as all expansion are - Do not tell me your favourite expansion >insert here< didnt start out bad, but eventually also got better over time, just to replace it with a new bad exspansion...repeat x 34534
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So I know that often my opinions are the same with other users on mmo-c, we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...so yea, often we agree on same things, despite what some threads might tell otherwise

But I know 1 thing that people don't agree with me; I don't like expansion resets. I honestly haven't liked an expansion reset since probably cata.

So I wanna start with saying that BFA, just like most instances had issues - I main a feral, so you don't haft to tell me how bad feral druid was on launch, or how average guardian druid still is, but as all other expansion, the problems gets ironed out over time, and suddenly even a turd can become OK.
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

On top of that, now that we finally have last patch of expansion we got our army of alts lvl'd up, some gear, and "the routine" of say lock out farms, gold farming be it AH or whatever you do, it all just flows...You can chip away at it now, you don't haft to endure shitty new grinds, thats just there to increase MAU.

On top of that, your main is a gut damn gut-slayer, with unfathomable power. Our gear level has never been more insane than it is now with corruption gear- And its fun...tbh. I just got my BIS corruption (I think...) sorted out now with help from the new mother stuff, and now in few months all this fun, all this time to catch up on other grinds in wow, its all gone, to repeat the same shitty build-up, that leads to the same conclusion as BFA is now.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow, but I honestly wouldn't mind never having to level or gear my druid up more. Now everything just flows...He'll, if I get bored of any of the number of grinds I could try and catch up to that I still need to do, I can do that...but no, BFA ends soon so I haft to hurry to focus on content that might get removed or what do I know...

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...

TLDR; Blizzard makes a new turd, just to make that turd polished to what we have now, and repeat. At least BFA now works, and we can have some fun and time to catch up with stuff in wow...At times I wish a new expansion would never come to wow again, just big major patches only.
    Tough? Every expansion has to end.

Things you mention are the bare minimum. Show me an expansion where raids weren't "fine", dungeons weren't "fine", music wasn't "fine". All the negatives you mention: how classes play, borrowed power things weren't a thing before Legion, and it causes a lot of trickle down effect on many front, so just by that it raises basically every expansion superior to BfA.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-02 at 07:27 PM.

class design is dogshit, rng is dogshit, story was dogshit, all the borrowed power is dogshit

Can't wait for this expansion to end. This expansion been an utter shit show and be glad to see Azerite, Corruption, WF/TF gone.

Oh, BFA is bad...quit bad, BUT! its now gotten better, as all expansion are - Do not tell me your favourite expansion >insert here< didnt start out bad, but eventually also got better over time, just to replace it with a new bad exspansion...repeat x 34534
    Dunno, I started at the very end of BC, but I kind of liked wrath all along. Cata was tough because I played a healer, and a resto shaman which meant sucking at the beginning and then like a switch, being basically god at the last patch, even in mop, dear god, resto was dogshit up until soo. That was kind of a theme. But i simply didn't raid, still had a lot of other content to log in for. I stopped raiding altogether with Legion, because I will not do the borrowed power game. I just won't. But now what can I do. Sit on 6 alts (5-6 hour waiting) to camp Houndlord Ren so maybe he will drop his mount? Such gameplay. Want more of this. /s
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-02 at 07:39 PM.

I agree with OP but that's why I primarily play GW2 now a days. The end game is horizontal which is nice.

I never thought i would miss WoD but oh man do i miss that expansion. Perfect for a pvper like myself. Lvling was smooth, classes were more complete and had a lot more abilites, easy to get up alts, as soon as you ding 100 you queue bgs get gear for arena/rbgs no rngs no bs full control of my progression. Can't bare to play even one alt in bfa currently, having to do Nazjatar, farm azerite, farm AP, farm echoes, farm mythics and farming cloak and visions just to be play the game, is so beyond stupid. Literally have to do everything but the thing i want to do in this game.

Only thing i will miss is Boralus, i like that place, best capital they have made in a long time.
    Last edited by SirDjord; 2020-06-02 at 07:45 PM.

Great news, OP, SL is making sure BFA doesn't end.

- No real changes to class design, just returning buttons
    - Same WQs and daily hubs
    - The Lich Queen starring in her third expansion
    - Story already looks like a train wreck
    - Same crappy item systems
    - Pinky swear that anima power is not Azerite/artifact power, honest!

I'd love to be proven wrong, but this is the first expansion I'm not buying on launch. Not after BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Things you mention are the bare minimum. Show me an expansion where raids weren't "fine", dungeons weren't "fine", music wasn't "fine". All the negatives you mention: how classes play, borrowed power things weren't a thing before Legion, and it causes a lot of trickle down effect on many front, so just by that it raises basically every expansion superior to BfA.
    Cataclysm ended with a BAM! Dragon Soul being one of the biggest let-downs in the history of WoW.
    Highmaul in WoD was trash
    Many people criticize TotC in WotLK for being a random filler raid (although I personally really liked it)
    MoP? Half of the raids were trash. ToT was what carried the raid scene in that expansion. Siege was ok, but people got burned out.

The borrowed power and AP grind of Legion spewed over to BfA. So I would blame Legion for that

And story wise, nothing beats the atrocity of WoD. You know something is going to be trash when a franchise pulls an "alternate universe" cop-out.

And I still think Mechagon is one of the most memorable 5-mans in the game. The quality of it even outshined some raid content.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-06-02 at 09:44 PM.

BfA's insane loot grind killed all my interest in the expansion, rendering it the absolute worst expansion they have ever released in my opinion. Granted Legion had its fair share of this with the artifact and legendary systems, but my dps in Legion (for most classes) actually consisted on physical abilities I had pressed and not a litany of passive effects.

Seriously, take a look at your damage logs and see how insanely weak your core skills are compared to your azerite skills and corruptions. Its depressing to know how easily a less-skilled player of the same class can dramatically overtake you in damage due to having lucky drops. I ended up quitting during Legion for something similar, and BfA somehow made that situation even more of a problem.

It's the same scheme for every expansion

It's the last patch, your character is very strong because of all the gear from raids, corruptions, azerite traits, rank 3 essences, mechagon procs, gem slots, good trinkets and all other things. It's fun to play, haste is high so apm is also high, classes can do their best with the secondary stats pushed to the max.

Then a new expansion comes out and you will lose all of it, leaving just a skeleton of your former self. Your crit gets tanked from 50% unbuffed to 15% unbuffed, you have 0 haste so you have those looooong GCD's, numbers wise you barely do any more damage than now, but quest NPC's have 5-10 times more health than current quest NPC's. And on top of this there's that pathfinder bullshit, where they force you to walk on the ground and pull every mob on your way for a freaking year.

Because of this and pathfinder i just don't play WoW on low patches anymore. I played legion in 7.3.5 for few months, same with BFA, came back in March this year. Before Legion (which was the first major pruning and power downgrade with NO reward for hitting 110 at all) I would play low patches normally. My character would only lose tier set bonuses, these were nice but it's nothing like going from Legion to BFA or from BFA to Shadowlands where you lose 4 or 5 systems that are designed to be stacked with eachother (whereas the base class does fuck all damage and last time we got a new talent row was 6 years ago)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    "Soft resets" are necessary to get people back into the game. I won't be playing again until SL because I hated BFA, just like I hated Legion, etc.

WTF are you going to do on a char that you never have to level or gear up again. That sounds dreadfully boring never having anything to look forward too and just grinding the same dailies over and over and accumulating a mass of gold for *no reason* because you'll eventually not have anything to work for.
    You create your own progression. It can be farming an old raid for a mob or a transmog set, complete achievememts, farm gold etc

I didn't want WoTLK to end.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I love when people post extreme minority opinions just to try and get a rise out of others.
    At least it's more refreshing than the constant hatetrain for blizzard and [insert current expansion here].

Mmoc forums, like reddit, want you to believe that you aren't allowed to enjoy anything about a current expansion and if you do, you are nothing more than a white knight or shill.

And god forbid you stand up for yourself if you do come out and say you enjoy an aspect of the game. That's just asking for personal attacks and harrassment.

...we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...
    I play since Vanilla brother, Classic is joke.

Current WoW's exponential power growth is terrible. Power from the start of this expac to the end has increased 10 times and even more. A reset is more than welcome until it gets ridiculous again.

To top it all up, half or more of my dmg comes from a lame ass passive chance (Twilight Devastation).

If this is not terrible design then I don't know what is.