Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Ineffable Truth Cooldown Hotfix Cancelled

    Ineffable Truth Cooldown Hotfix Cancelled
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve reviewed the various interactions at play in this situation and decided against making a change at this time. Thank you for your feedback.

    Original Ineffable Truth Hotfix
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The bug is with the Corruption Effect Ineffable Truth and its interaction with abilities like Fist of Justice causing more than the intended amounts of cooldown reduction.

    The hotfix will make it so the flat cooldown reduction provided by Fist of Justice (and similar abilities) will not be unintentionally increased by effects that increase your cooldown rate (such as Ineffable Truth).

  2. #2
    I'm not sure what's up with this whole "listening to feedback" thing, it's unfamiliar and new and that scares me a little.

  3. #3
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm not sure what's up with this whole "listening to feedback" thing, it's unfamiliar and new and that scares me a little.
    Yeah.... no it really isn't. They've made changes and additions based on feedback since literally vanilla WoW. I realize the vocal portion of the community likes to pretend otherwise when the specific changes they're screeching about aren't made, though.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah.... no it really isn't. They've made changes and additions based on feedback since literally vanilla WoW. I realize the vocal portion of the community likes to pretend otherwise when the specific changes they're screeching about aren't made, though.
    Go save the galaxy, Drax.

  5. #5
    Dafuq they are listening to feedback. HOLY MOLY. NO WAY THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. XD

  6. #6
    Wow, this is actually great. I hope they pick up on how well received their changes in response to things like the Mistweaver nerf and this nerf have been and step it up a bit going into Shadowlands.

  7. #7
    “They listened to feedback!”

    No they didn’t! They were just encountering technical issues changing this and decided it was not worth the time.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    “They listened to feedback!”

    No they didn’t! They were just encountering technical issues changing this and decided it was not worth the time.
    This seems like the right answer. Why bother fixing it if it isn't going to be an issue with Shadowlands in X months

  9. #9
    I so want to believe that this is actually 100% no bullshit just because of people being visibly upset and against it.
    But I soooo cynically believe that there's like a technical reasoning behind it and that they realized that properly fixing it would require like 8 weeks of dev time as they'd run into another truckload of follow-up bugs and what not and it's just not worth it.

    Like, seriously, how awesome would it be if they were actually listening...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    I so want to believe that this is actually 100% no bullshit just because of people being visibly upset and against it.
    But I soooo cynically believe that there's like a technical reasoning behind it and that they realized that properly fixing it would require like 8 weeks of dev time as they'd run into another truckload of follow-up bugs and what not and it's just not worth it.

    Like, seriously, how awesome would it be if they were actually listening...
    I mean, they have MANY times before listened... but people ignore that, or focus on the times they didn't listen, and there may be many reasons they don't listen, mainly if they have a design philosophy they're not going to venture far from that because it costs a shit ton of time and money to shift gears like that.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    This seems like the right answer. Why bother fixing it if it isn't going to be an issue with Shadowlands in X months
    Also, it might also play a role that this change would have happened AFTER people already bought IT. With Gushing Wounds they at least announced the nerf BEFORE people bought it (at the vendor not AH).

    But thinking that this decision was based on simply “they listened to feedback ” is simply naive.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Also, it might also play a role that this change would have happened AFTER people already bought IT. With Gushing Wounds they at least announced the nerf BEFORE people bought it (at the vendor not AH).

    But thinking that this decision was based on simply “they listened to feedback ” is simply naive.
    Nerfing gushing has absolutely nothing to do with a game breaking bug related to CDR.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, they have MANY times before listened... but people ignore that, or focus on the times they didn't listen, and there may be many reasons they don't listen, mainly if they have a design philosophy they're not going to venture far from that because it costs a shit ton of time and money to shift gears like that.
    Of course they have listened before, it's the extent that matters.
    If all they ever listen to is whether you prefer red or... a slightly darker shaded red but ignore your feedback almost 100% of the time on stuff that actually matters (read: design and gameplay choices), then yes, I'd generally call that them never listening.
    It also wouldn't them cost a shit ton of time and money to shift gears if they were to just listen to the feedback from 2, 4 or 6 years ago. A lot of the stuff that has been brought up with Shadowlands has been brought during the BFA Alpha/Beta already - and some of that stuff has been brought up during the Legion Alpha/Beta already. And some of that stuff has been brought up during fucking WoD already. Of course shit's expensive and hard to change if you only ever react instead of proacting. We've listened, we've heard your feedback, we've learned - my fucking ass you have.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Of course they have listened before, it's the extent that matters.
    If all they ever listen to is whether you prefer red or... a slightly darker shaded red but ignore your feedback almost 100% of the time on stuff that actually matters (read: design and gameplay choices), then yes, I'd generally call that them never listening.
    It also wouldn't them cost a shit ton of time and money to shift gears if they were to just listen to the feedback from 2, 4 or 6 years ago. A lot of the stuff that has been brought up with Shadowlands has been brought during the BFA Alpha/Beta already - and some of that stuff has been brought up during the Legion Alpha/Beta already. And some of that stuff has been brought up during fucking WoD already. Of course shit's expensive and hard to change if you only ever react instead of proacting. We've listened, we've heard your feedback, we've learned - my fucking ass you have.
    People have been arguing on both sides of the fence on almost every issue, who do you listen to? If you don't like the way something is, just quit.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Nerfing gushing has absolutely nothing to do with a game breaking bug related to CDR.
    Well I never said it did so I’m not sure what your point is. You should read the posts before making stupid comments.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah.... no it really isn't. They've made changes and additions based on feedback since literally vanilla WoW. I realize the vocal portion of the community likes to pretend otherwise when the specific changes they're screeching about aren't made, though.
    Yeah...

  17. #17
    Probably couldn't prevent it from affecting combinations they didn't want it to be affected after reading how worried players are.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    People have been arguing on both sides of the fence on almost every issue, who do you listen to? If you don't like the way something is, just quit.
    I see, the bitch way out.
    I prefer bitching on a daily basis.

  19. #19
    How do these comments remain so cynical after so many years try to relax once in a while everyone and enjoy the game, or something else if this one makes you feel so bad.

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,979
    "OMFG BLIZZ DOESN'T LISTEN"
    >Blizzard Listens
    "I Bet they didn't really listen!"

    The hatred is actually peak pathetic these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •