Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    They might as well remove leveling at this point. Its taking speedrunners just 3-4 hours to zip to max level from what I understand. I'm sure they will get even faster in the coming months as they figure out new tricks. What is the point? They pour all of these resources into redeveloping leveling for 3-4 hours of play? That's a massive waste of dev resources. Just remove it if you are going to turn it into a joke like that.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316264....adowlands-alph
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Probably Cata since I know the quests like the palm of my hand and the zones are ground-mount friendly so I will probably start there. Also, the old world questing flows very very well so I will probably check it out, specially if zones get significant revamps.

If they aren't changing the actual quests or zone bonus objectives or anything else, then probably WoD. There is SO much bonus XP, between bonus objectives, looting quests, killing rares. It's pretty insane. Before I let my sub run out, I went through WoD in about an hour with the double XP buff, and all I did was the starting bit to get your garrison up and running. Then I just explored, did bonus objectives and looted chests. Didn't do any quests.

This is a tough one because it comes down to which expansion will be most tolerable for the 10-30 (30 is when you can start flying by learning it from trainer), if we still have the Toy that opens up all flight paths in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom, I would level 10-30 in a respective "Vanilla" zone and go along that trail until 30, go learn flying, then go to say WoD/Legion/BfA where flying makes it more accessible/"speedy"/most enjoyable to the player and get to 50 in that expansion.

So I would say Eastern Kingdom/Kalimdor then I would go to BfA at 30 mostly because WoD sucks for having to do the dark portal/tanann jungle scenario, Legion has it's order hall and artifact weapon questline that puts you way out of your way to start off with.

Quote Originally Posted by thedudes View Post
    When you level a new character, what expansion will you start in ??? Me it will be:

1) WOD
    2) Legion
    3) Classic 1-60 zones
    4) BFA
    5) Cataclysm
    6) Pandaria
    7) Northrend
    8) Outlands
    Start in? Shadowlands is designed so that you do 1-50 in one expansion, not several.

Cataclysm zones every time. Leagues above all other expansions' leveling zones in terms of enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Start in? Shadowlands is designed so that you do 1-50 in one expansion, not several.
    You can pick one to start with and swap to a different one at your discretion if you are a veteran player

Either WoD or Legion areas for leveling. I really enjoyed the quest content and areas for both

None at all, i will do the same as i did with the last expansions, watch the story on youtube after several months (because i care(d) about the story), if its bad? Play it even later,...with all the boosts and free, if it´s good? Ha...let´s not be funny...it has been bad for quite some time.

It really boils down to how they will handle Sylvanas to me, but i have a guess, and if she dies, well, i don´t need Blizzard

Outland and Broken Isle for me. I feel so home in those expansions so its where I will end up leveling.

Let's see... currently, I have an undead priest, a mag'har warrior, a nightborne mage, a goblin/worgen (haven't decided yet, maybe both) rogue and probably a zandalari paladin to level from scratch.

Undead priest is gonna do all the old world Forsaken stuff and some of the Northrend Forsaken stuff, as well as the BFA war campaign as a loyalist.
    Mag'har warrior will do all the old world orcs vs. humans stuff, most of Outland and Draenor and maybe also the war campaign if I feel like it.
    Nightborne mage will probably level in the Broken Isles only as he would feel out of place anywhere else.
    For goblin rogue, it's just the old world stuff related to goblins.
    Worgen rogue will be doing the old world human related stuff and probably Uldum.
    Zandalari paladin is going straight into BFA.

Additionally, all of them will also do the artifact/class hall campaign because class content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Northrend, Outland, WoD. Rest are meh.
    +1. I would even level on the old Vanilla world if I had the chance, WoD is cool and very efficient - but I'm sure it will be nerfed into oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria, Northrend and Broken Isles for me. Still don't have a properly leveled Rogue so it will be a good time to see all that with proper leveling restrictions. And probably level a few Allies too since most of my alts are Horde.

I'm never touching EK/Kalimdor/Cata zones/Outland/Northrend ever again. Screw that noise.

At least not until they revamp EK/Kalimdor again, those zones are now older and more dated than Vanilla zones were when they got replaced.

I think I will do either Legion or WoD when leveling a new toon. WoD leveling was quite good, if not the best. I enjoyed Legion level as well, but I think the WoD zones were fantastic, I loved Gorgrond. BFA has pretty good zones as well, but I've done it so many times that I do not wanna do it again lol.

WoD wasn't the best expansion in almost anything. Except leveling. It has the best leveling zones AND those zones are pretty quick too. So that's probably the one I'll be doing most often.

In the hypothetical scenario in which I level multiple characters 1-50 even though I already have quite a few, I'll probably end up doing all the expansions, except Outland, because that I can do on classic TBC once that inevitably releases.

Newer leveling zones are better in general, although I'm still going to take a long break from BFA zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like leveling, so I'd look for a guide and take whatever is listed as the fastest xpac to level :-P

I think I have some 43 or so characters at 120 at the moment, so I doubt I'll be leveling too many new characters from 1-50 in SL. That said I'll probably vary the expansions I'll level in, but for the most part I'll be leveling in BFA as there's only 3 zones worth of quests, so it's bound to be the fastest experience if you're strictly questing from 10-50.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Going for a casual stroll through memory lane? Probably Wrath, I greatly enjoyed Dragonblight's quest chains and got very efficient at doing them.

Going for speed? Probably WoD content. Gorgrond alone is an absolutely incredible zone for leveling in because of the sheer amount of bonus objectives and extra quests available on the named mobs through the zone.

Going for a mix of the two? Probably hit Hyjal because I really enjoyed the progressive questing there where the landscape visibly changed while questing and then hop over to Gorgrond with flying for the bonus objective spam, then head over to Voldun because I feel like the zone has a really good flow to it in terms of questing as long as you know where to stop and shift to another nearby area for the side questing.

That being said, I don't really anticipate needing to level any more characters these days. I've got at least every class at 100+ and I think 7 or 8 at 120 right now so other than maybe leveling something because I'm too cheap to transfer an old character to my main server (I'm split on 2 realm groups ATM) I'll probably just do it a single time to see how quickly I can do it and then continue playing in Shadowlands content instead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    WoD has pretty good leveling and is probably going to be the fastest if you skip the intro scenario. I expect loads of people will level in Draenor.

For fun I'll go with either Legion or Mists. I've done Wrath to death and BC, Cata/old world and BFA don't appeal to me.
    I'm starting to think that WoD levelling will be nerfed into oblivion, because if everything stands as of now, it will be by far the fastest AND most pleasant of all xpacs to level at. But I still have a soft spot for good ol' Outland... and Northrend too
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.