Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question How will you level in Shadowlands?

When you level a new character, what expansion will you start in ??? Me it will be:

1) WOD
    2) Legion
    3) Classic 1-60 zones
    4) BFA
    5) Cataclysm
    6) Pandaria
    7) Northrend
    8) Outlands

I'm not going to touch Outland or Northrend - these two are going to be a freaking nigtmare, especially early on.

As for other continents/expansions... I think I will start with a little bit of Classic every time since the zones are fairly friendly to ground-based questing and then once I get flying, I'll probably move on to WoD/Legion/Cata, perhaps Pandaria if for some reason I want to try something different.

BfA? I'm going to stay away for a bit, you know, just to get some rest from Kul'tiras/Zandalar.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-06-02 at 09:00 PM.

The fastest way possible (so probably WoD). MoP if WoD is not that fast. What I know is no way it'll be legion or BfA. Even cata sounds better.

I’ve been thinking about returning to retail for Shadowlands and starting over on a new account. Guess ill have no choice but to do BFA if i do it.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2020-06-02 at 09:18 PM.

Dunno, I have no need for any characters tbh. Maybe after a couple of months I may need another plate and 2 mail characters, but by then I will just go with whatever suits my taste (or is fastest).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It all depends on the characters race! I play wow as an RPG, at least with myself, and there's a lot to be done with lore-based play. My dark iron might start in cata/mop and work their way to bfa. Maghar might start in WoD, and when I jump to BFA she'll either be an old, old shaman or her daughter might take over.

Heck I could level a velf with helf skin and pretend to be a Silver Covenant agent in Northrend, MoP, and finally Legion when they get their weird void stuff. If I feel like doing BFA again(ugh), that velf could be all purple during the blood war and come SL return to helf skin as they're "in control."

I wish we had this "choose your own zone" freedom at the beginning of this expac, it makes me want to wait until we get it in SL (and miss out on potentially BS Azerite traits).

Northrend, Outland, WoD. Rest are meh.

WoD and uh... WoD on an alliance character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    The fastest way possible (so probably WoD). MoP if WoD is not that fast. What I know is no way it'll be legion or BfA. Even cata sounds better.
    legion is still going to be better with invasions and bonus objectives,from a speed point of view wod and legion would be best,from an enjoyment standpoint its ofc going to be subjective,personaly i rly rly like desert zones,mad max game and ac origins were dream come true games

Burning Crusade: Orcs, Draenei and Paladins.
    Wrath of the Lich King: Death Knights and Paladins.
    Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor: Everything.
    Mists of Pandaria: Monks and Pandaren.
    Warlords of Draenor: Everything but Mag'har.
    Legion: Lightforged Draenei and Demon Hunters.
    Battle for Azeroth: Kul'tirans, Zandalari, Mechagnomes and Vulpera.

Aren't you able to do 1-50 in a single time-line? If so, WotLK, TBC 2nd place.

10+ Year Old Account
    All my characters are already 120, so I guess I'll level through Shadowlands. I already have 2 realms full of 12 120 horde characters and 12 120 alliance characters. I just hope they don't screw over alts by adding too many RNG/grinding systems.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    legion is still going to be better with invasions and bonus objectives,from a speed point of view wod and legion would be best,from an enjoyment standpoint its ofc going to be subjective,personaly i rly rly like desert zones,mad max game and ac origins were dream come true games
    Dont legion bonus objectives give pretty shitty xp with slow progresison on them (compared to wod gorgrond for exmaple)? I use Legion invasions when I see them up, but can't really plan my playtime around them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Like a turtle! I haven't leveled a high mountain or a Vulpin.

So Vulpin will go the new way and into BFA.

And high mountain will go legion.

It just depends if I care about speed or not. If there's a clear "best" in terms of time, I'll do that.

Otherwise, I'll just go for nostalgia: BC or WoTLK (probably wrath since BC classic is gonna be out at some point).

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Dont legion bonus objectives give pretty shitty xp with slow progresison on them (compared to wod gorgrond for exmaple)? I use Legion invasions when I see them up, but can't really plan my playtime around them.
    Yes. The grind on them is absolutely horrible. You get, on average, 2-3% per item/kill. Whereas the WoD bonus objectives give you the fixed amount right up front and are quick to complete for the most part.

i recal the legion ones giving more,also dont forget legion has the best dungeon xp quests,also the way the zones are layed out is efficient,think azuna

Buy boost but if I was going to level probably pandaria

No doubt they’re going to nerd the treasures and bonus quests though.

Whichever one I hate the least/has the fastest leveling experience