Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    No doubt they’re going to nerd the treasures and bonus quests though.
    Too bad, because if I remember correctly there's not enough quest in draenor to begin with and that was just for 10 level. That is exactly why Grogrond was a "lol" zone with the many bonus objectives and stuff. Once you waddled through Shadowmoon/Ridge, Gorgrond was like "here's some giveaway level for you".
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-03 at 12:00 AM.

Cata or MoP so I can experience that again in it's entirety. Done WoD, Legion and BfA WAAAAY too many times to want to do that stuff again and Outland and Northrend are incredibly dated in their quest and zone design, it's just not as pleasant to level through those zones as it is Cata or MoP.

MoP, BFA every now and then on Alliance (Zandalar sucks outside of Zuldazar).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Too bad, because if I remember correctly there's not enough quest in draenor to begin with and that was just for 10 level. That is exactly why Grogrond was a "lol" zone with the many bonus objectives and stuff. Once you waddled through Shadowmoon/Ridge, Gorgrond was like "here's some giveaway level for you".
    There's plenty to do in Warlords. It just depends on if you want to do it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    There's plenty to do in Warlords. It just depends on if you want to do it or not.
    I think you might have problems with reading comprehension.

...all these people saying cata when its been comfirmed cata is just gonna be rolled into Old World

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla on my new High Elf Void Elf so I can pretend they were playable since the beginning. LOL

But probably Cata and MoP because I feel like I skip those most of the time I level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the character I suppose...probably avoid Outland and maybe the base Azeroth since I've done them SOOOO much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any info available to confirm where the best place to 'park' our main is before SL goes live?
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Honestly? If I have to level a new character for some reason? Northrend the first time.

WoD every time after that because of bonus objective cheese.

WoD has pretty good leveling and is probably going to be the fastest if you skip the intro scenario. I expect loads of people will level in Draenor.

For fun I'll go with either Legion or Mists. I've done Wrath to death and BC, Cata/old world and BFA don't appeal to me.

The same way I always do...up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely Wrath, I love the zones. Not too fussy about doing it the fastest way.

Can you even do leveling the "old way" anymore in SL? At least unless you run back to capital city and talk to chormie on some level intervals and switch the timeline......can you even switch the timeline once its chosen? WHat happens, if I choose outland and then go to northrend anyway?

Etc?

I want to be able to do the leveling similar way as it is now.

In order of most enjoyed leveling activity to least:

Kalimdor/EK Legion Invasions > Korrak's Revenge > Pandaria > Spam Dungeons (tank, healer) > Wrath > Outland > Spam Torghast (presumed) > Spam Islands > Holiday Events > Timewalking > Spam Dungeons (dps) > Spam BGs > Spam Scenarios > TM vs Southshore > Arathi Blizzard > Other Brawls > Classic > Cataclysm > Legion > AoE Grinding > Broken Isles Legion Invasions > Draenor > BFA > Spam Warfronts > Spam Wintergrasp > Spam Tol Dagor > Spam Dailies > Spam World Quests > Spam Arena > Abuse Party Sync X-realm on Low-level Rares/Elites > Spam Ashran > Treasure/Chest Farming > Mission Table Xp > Level Boost > Spam Gathering Professions > Spam Pet Battles > Spam Archaeology > Exploration Xp

The last character I am going to level, a vulpera mage, is going to be leveled slowly when pet battle event is up and some combo that grants me max level pet in 2 battles.
    Hope they won't nerf it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will probably steer clear of Outland and Northrend. That content is so dated and I've done it so many times that it became the biggest barrier to me leveling alts.

I think I will probably just choose based on the character I'm making. Whatever's thematically appropriate, or whatever I'm in the mood for.

That said, I feel like Legion will probably be the most fun, since you'll have the class campaigns woven in with it. It'll feel very personalized in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I will level a pre 50 character any soon. All the classes I need are maxed out..
    However for the sake of the poll, it would be either Wrath or Cata zones.

I've already knocked out Loremaster leveling allied races, so there's no reason for me to do a specific zone. That said, I've done most of the expansion leveling content to death and have little interest in doing them again. Unless the difference in time is massive, I'll likely do EK/Kalimdor zones that I haven't done too often. I quite enjoy some of the less frequented zones like Feralas, Felwood, Silithus, Un'Goro, Blasted Lands, Swamp of Sorrows, etc.

If I needed to do a specific expansion, I'd lean towards Warlords. The bonus objectives, garrisons (especially stables which let you interact with objects while flying), and zone diversity helps keep it from being too dull.

It'd be a cold day in hell before I ever touch Outlands again. Amazing for it's time, but it's easily the worst questing experience in the game.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Can you even do leveling the "old way" anymore in SL? At least unless you run back to capital city and talk to chormie on some level intervals and switch the timeline......can you even switch the timeline once its chosen? WHat happens, if I choose outland and then go to northrend anyway?

Etc?

I want to be able to do the leveling similar way as it is now.
    All your "timeline choice" is should be just a bread crumb quest to the first quest of the specific faction. The quests in other zones of the exapsnsions you didn't choose aren't getting turned off.