Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    So does that mean gushing wounds in bad now? Should it be something we spend echos on, or is it a dead corruption now?
    bad? no.
    is no longer ultra overpowered? yes.
    is still good to have? only 1 or 2 on 475+ items and for some specs(basically all spec that used it before the nerf), items lower than 475? better stick a severe or expedient on it

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    This is further proof that these systems are never balanced or even intended to be balanced. Effects should be as close to equally balanced in effectiveness as possible, there shouldn't be effects miles ahead of others with their "rarity" as an excuse for being better. Rarity means nothing once you've attained it, but the power imbalance is there forever so long as that content is relevant.
    Indeed it should not be balanced. They should make the effects as fun as possible for the majority of the playerbase.

Close to equally as balanced as possible means in practice having evert effect being pretty much the same. No body would ever want that.

The game doesn't force you to take the most expensive effect. People around you do. Stop listening to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    Indeed it should not be balanced. They should make the effects as fun as possible for the majority of the playerbase.

Close to equally as balanced as possible means in practice having evert effect being pretty much the same. No body would ever want that.

The game doesn't force you to take the most expensive effect. People around you do. Stop listening to them.
    The unhealthy obsession with the meta and balance people have pretty much directly lead to what those same people consider to be bad about the game,as in classes being watered down and too streamlined.

You can't have all classes being distinct and unique and also have them do the same damage,and taking risks to create something new is also a nightmare when it comes to balance,but people don't understand that,nor do they understand that they asked for it.

Game devs should still try to balance stuff,but without having to remove the fun from a game

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    10 people on 100 have it = who cares if it’s op.
    100 people care. Becasue 10 of them are gonna get upper hand compared to the 90 people who are feeling frustrated because they cannot have as good performance as the 10 people because of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The unhealthy obsession with the meta and balance people have pretty much directly lead to what those same people consider to be bad about the game,as in classes being watered down and too streamlined.

You can't have all classes being distinct and unique and also have them do the same damage,and taking risks to create something new is also a nightmare when it comes to balance,but people don't understand that,nor do they understand that they asked for it.

Game devs should still try to balance stuff,but without having to remove the fun from a game
    In my eyes the unhealty obsession for optimizing is very common not only in wow but many other games as well. I think major factors are the availability of information and the relevance of streamers etc. Many people (me included) would first read/watch guides before they pick up a new game, as the obsession of doing everything right from the beginning is so oppressive. Every game has some kind of meta, perfect builds and so that people will cater to.

For wow I don't see this trend leaving. We had it for azerite traits, we had it for corruption and it will be the same for covenants in shadowlands. People will sim every ability and everybody wants the best thing even though it is just small percentages ahead of other options. Whats the solution to this? I really don't know as this is as I said a common trend through gaming. Maybe one solution would be, that all covenants abilites should have the same effects but will alter in purely cosmetic aspects. But then again this would be just another step into streamlining the game. Maybe the biggest solution would be a change in the community. People shouldn't force min-max and meta things in every aspect of the game. Sure if you're at the top % of players you have to get every bonus you can, but there really is no need for that if you play this game casually with friends or random people

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    My argument is not really to nerf anything. I just used Expedient as an example of why nerfing Gushing Wounds wasn’t really necessary in PVE. It would not have made any specs OP because the best specs in the game wouldn’t have used it anyway. Arms would still use expedient and Mage would still Masterful. So nerfing Gushing Wounds was not really necessary in PVE.

PVP is a different story of course.
    You're neglecting the universal benefit for GW across all classes. Stat corruption usage massively differs across the class and not everyone was maxing out their corruption budget on a singular stat corruption. GW DPS per corruption point barely changes across specs. Just because some classes had insane benefit from stacking a singular stat does not change the fact that GW was strong as hell.

Bottom line is when you look at damage specific corruptions only, GW was miles ahead of the competition in DPS per corruption point.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    In my eyes the unhealty obsession for optimizing is very common not only in wow but many other games as well. I think major factors are the availability of information and the relevance of streamers etc. Many people (me included) would first read/watch guides before they pick up a new game, as the obsession of doing everything right from the beginning is so oppressive. Every game has some kind of meta, perfect builds and so that people will cater to.

For wow I don't see this trend leaving. We had it for azerite traits, we had it for corruption and it will be the same for covenants in shadowlands. People will sim every ability and everybody wants the best thing even though it is just small percentages ahead of other options. Whats the solution to this? I really don't know as this is as I said a common trend through gaming. Maybe one solution would be, that all covenants abilites should have the same effects but will alter in purely cosmetic aspects. But then again this would be just another step into streamlining the game. Maybe the biggest solution would be a change in the community. People shouldn't force min-max and meta things in every aspect of the game. Sure if you're at the top % of players you have to get every bonus you can, but there really is no need for that if you play this game casually with friends or random people
    It's a problem that cannot really be fixed outside of devs forcing people to have fun,not many devs are willing to actually take that risk,and even less are good enough to make it work well.
    Until then,most players will always prefer to be efficient instead of trying to have fun,even if it ends up making them hate the game

The game has still some balancing issues, but Blizzard doesn't care for them except for GW now, after all these "I got several GW procs"-luckers have had a great time, especially in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    100 people care. Becasue 10 of them are gonna get upper hand compared to the 90 people who are feeling frustrated because they cannot have as good performance as the 10 people because of bad luck.
    But Blizzard does not because of rarity. Your frustration keeps you playing trying to go to the lucky side.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    But Blizzard does not because of rarity. Your frustration keeps you playing trying to go to the lucky side.
    I wasn't talking from the Blizzard perspective, because they're just thinking about money(and I'm seriously have no problems with that, I'd probably do the same), but from the players perspective.