Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just play a spec that doesn't use haste, easy solution.

Haste loss is the most grueling thing I hate about expansion gear resets.

Moving from 1.3s cobra shots to 1.9s cobra shots in Cata sucked
    Having haste-dependent GCD slapped on Hunter specs in WOD sucked VERY, VERY HARD (up until WOD Hunter had a static 1 second GCD, ensuring fast APM play at all times)
    Moving from Legion to BFA also sucked hard, where it was difficult to procure even 15% haste
    Now that my character is finally fun to play (50% crit, 24% haste, overwhelming power procs, vita procs) it's going to suck even harder, as BFA is the most "borrowed power" system heavy expansion to date.

Playing a character with 1,5 second GCD and non-existent resource regen is just not fun. Same goes for playing Fire Mage with 17% crit unbuffed. That's why i just stopped playing recent expansions at low patches. I return on x.3 patch and play where it's actually fun to play. I leveled my char to 120 on BFA launch and realized that this shit is just unplayable. Never mind AP grind, world quest grind and no flying. Even the class itself was not fun. Even soloing old raid content stops being fun when you have to deal with this long ass GCD.

I'd say everybody should have baseline 1 second GCD that's not dependent on haste at all. Very few abilities could still affect it and lower it to 0,7s (such as Heroism or Adrenaline Rush) but these are very specific cooldowns that always did this. Haste itself should affect attack speed, cooldown of SOME skills, trinket proc rates etc.

@above poster:
    Gear inflation is another thing, it's now so high that patch 8.2 raid is borderline old content level, and patch 8.0 raids are pretty much legacy content level. You can assemble a ragtag pug and blast through mythic Uldir in one shot. You could not do that with heroic T11 raids in Dragon Soul. That's because Uldir raiders had about 140k health where Nya raiders have over 500k. It's a whole expansion of difference.
    Last edited by Athulua; 2020-06-03 at 01:06 PM.

Gimme back my Mists of Pandaria elemental shaman - that 100% haste and 190% mastery felt real good :/

Yeah, haste is terrible to lose. It's the one stat you feel.

I quit playing my shaman after playing it all of WotLK just because I couldn't bear how slow it felt after an expansion of haste stacking.

One second GCD and shorter spells please, with haste having more effect on reducing cooldowns than speeding up casts. It's not 2005 any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    BFA is the most "borrowed power" system heavy expansion to date.
    Nope, legion was.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is grueling for everyone but it is important to go back to the floor and just enjoy the scenery while you look forward to grouping up and progressing again. That some lack options in terms of long/short casts is a very real gameplay issue though.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nope, legion was.
    Corruption has blown legion out of the water in comparison to borrowed power.

Things like haste that majorly impact how a class feels to play shouldn't be a stat at all, especially if they're going to nuke it every reset.

Crit? more damage.
    Armor pen (when it existed)? More damage.
    Multi-cast? More damage.
    Mastery? Varies, but most are just very specific focuses of more damage.
    Vers? You guessed it.
    Expertise/hit? No mechanical feeling of change to your class, just a noticeable impact to how often you miss.

Haste? Fixes the fucking baseline boringness that wow's turtle slow pace is.

Reduce the GCD and make haste scale slower if you really want to keep it in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Things like haste that majorly impact how a class feels to play shouldn't be a stat at all, especially if they're going to nuke it every reset.

Crit? more damage.
    Armor pen (when it existed)? More damage.
    Multi-cast? More damage.
    Mastery? Varies, but most are just very specific focuses of more damage.
    Vers? You guessed it.
    Expertise/hit? No mechanical feeling of change to your class, just a noticeable impact to how often you miss.

Haste? Fixes the fucking baseline boringness that wow's turtle slow pace is.

Reduce the GCD and make haste scale slower if you really want to keep it in-game.
    MMORPGs are supsotu be slow paced this isnt ARPG game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    >Account created 10 years ago
    >Cannot imagine expansion reset
    To be fair, with the stat corruptions, our secondaries are going to be absolutely nuts by the end of this expansion. The reset was worse after legion than any other reset, and I suspect this one will hit even harder. The more you have of a secondary stat, the more the 12% corruption will grant you, which gives you even more secondary stat, which will grant you even more for your next 12% boost. I currently only have 36% haste with one Exp III. At the OP's current 62% haste, the next Exp III will grant them 69%. And then 77%, and then 87%. Not sure if we'll see more than that, but that amount of Exp III seems reachable.

It's going to get nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    lol, this is stupid.

MMORPG vs ARPG is a nearly pointless delineation.
    MMO is the player type. RPG is the general game type. ARPG is a specific subset of RPG. Three completely different things. On top of that, ARPG systems don't usually have tab targeting or a heavy a focus on skill use, favoring more timing/combo spam click systems like some kinda melee FPS. Way less fun IMO than finger DDR.

"Supposed to be slow so us plebs can play it" get out of here with that. The game has always had spammy, fast-paced classes.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-06-03 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMORPgs are not supostu be face paced games anyway[..]
    O'rly? Where did you get this information?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    O'rly? Where did you get this information?
    Where the sun doesn't shine. It's just sad how people try to make up some bullshit gatekeeping and actually stick by it. If you want a "MMORPG", by your standards, weeb fantasy is right there for ya. smh
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It doesn't matter if you have 100% or 5% haste. It's normal that in every start of the new expansion you'll feel like your char is slow/underperforming.
    At the start of BFA I truly felt like worthless trash after feeling strong and competent at the end of Legion.

They took crippling the player it too far in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Most of the feedback I'm seeing is that the slow down from expansion to expansion isn't that bad on Shadowlands
    They wouldn't know because they haven't done testing at max level yet. BFA wasn't slow either, until you hit 106 where you lost legendaries and 110 where your secondaries has diminished beyond belief

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Where the sun doesn't shine. It's just sad how people try to make up some bullshit gatekeeping and actually stick by it. If you want a "MMORPG", by your standards, weeb fantasy is right there for ya. smh
    Do you see and word of Action in mmorpg? Becouse i dont. MMORPGs were and always should be slow strategy games where you slowly progress trough hostile envroment. Action fast paced gameplay have no place in this type of games. It belongs into arpg genre.

Says who? Where's the rulebook that states MMORPGs need to be slow/fast/Whatever.

MMORPGS need to be RPGS, Massive, Multiplayer and Online. That's it and wow/FFXIV/GW2/ESO all fit this.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2020-06-03 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    To be fair, with the stat corruptions, our secondaries are going to be absolutely nuts by the end of this expansion. The reset was worse after legion than any other reset, and I suspect this one will hit even harder. The more you have of a secondary stat, the more the 12% corruption will grant you, which gives you even more secondary stat, which will grant you even more for your next 12% boost. I currently only have 36% haste with one Exp III. At the OP's current 62% haste, the next Exp III will grant them 69%. And then 77%, and then 87%. Not sure if we'll see more than that, but that amount of Exp III seems reachable.
    Stats effects such as Expedient, Versatile, (...) don't multiply, they add. So the effect is linear rather being exponential. That's why after 4 or 5 stat corruptions, you'll start seeking for something else instead, in most cases.

By the way, agree with OP regarding shadowlands, time will be hard for secondary stats junkies. Was quite similar during Legion, gear was free, epics were falling from the sky. And then BFA started, with lots of "BFA is slow", "BFA worst gameplay ever" (...) forum posts... And unsubs.

Blizzard should find some way to fix this issue. If progression was just about numbers it would be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Just play a spec that doesn't use haste, easy solution.
    Well all specs in the game feel terrible with no haste. The 1.5 second base global is atrocious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    Stats effects such as Expedient, Versatile, (...) don't multiply, they add. So the effect is linear rather being exponential. That's why after 4 or 5 stat corruptions, you'll start seeking for something else instead, in most cases.
    Could've sworn I read it was multiplicative, but I'm no min maxer, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    After going from a 100% ArPen Blood DK DPS in ICC to Cata.. You have nothing to even talk about feeling bad come the start of a new Expansion.
    Which is kinda funny because they were dabbling around giving us ArP in Cata