Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And when you have so much energy as a haste spec that you can fill every/nearly every spec, the resource ceases to have a reason to exist at all.
    Eh, it's more about the ratio between combo points and energy, not energy expenditure itself imo. I think having enough energy for your rotation without having to wait on regen at any point is a big difference than being able to spam anything you want forever. Currently you have a ton of energy regen, but it's not as if you can spam multilate every single GCD and never run out of energy.

Energy specs as a general rule should be slower and focused on spending limited resources efficiently, not a frantic race to spend resources before you drown.
    We fundamentally disagree on this "general rule." Energy specs play better (imo) when you're focused on controlling your globals in a way that keeps you from being energy capped thus wasting energy, not sitting around waiting for energy to refill.

Haste should be removed and every class specc should be balanced without any cast speed increase except outside CDs

Rogue GCD is fixed at 1 second, haste doesn't change that. And when you have so much energy as a haste spec that you can fill every/nearly every spec, the resource ceases to have a reason to exist at all. Energy specs as a general rule should be slower and focused on spending limited resources efficiently, not a frantic race to spend resources before you drown. People also massively overrate the amount of extra energy haste gives you, most of it tends to come from external sources like sets or essences.
    This is true not just for energy but for secondary resources in general. As a Destruction Warlock right now you are just spamming Chaosbolt instead of wisely spending your shards when you have a powerful trinket proc.

I feel like an uber glass cannon right now going all out in Crit and Mastery corruptions for my Arcane Mage... lol

Haste should be removed and the game should move to a 0.5 second cooldown baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Eh, it's more about the ratio between combo points and energy, not energy expenditure itself imo. I think having enough energy for your rotation without having to wait on regen at any point is a big difference than being able to spam anything you want forever. Currently you have a ton of energy regen, but it's not as if you can spam multilate every single GCD and never run out of energy.

We fundamentally disagree on this "general rule." Energy specs play better (imo) when you're focused on controlling your globals in a way that keeps you from being energy capped thus wasting energy, not sitting around waiting for energy to refill.
    If you can fill every GCD, you remove the entire purpose of the Envenom buff. The point of that buff is to pool before Envenom, then have a few GCDs of spamming into the Envenom buff and then start pooling for the next burst of action.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

Warn everyone you know as well.
    One of the biggest complaints about BFA was the opening weeks and your place of power within them, but it was always going to be that way coming off legion's absurd power gains.
    BFA is just as absurd if not more with corruption, so be prepared!

Don't get it surprise you.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I can't imagine how much it will suck to go down to 4-5% when Shadowlands is out. I mean expansion power resets have been a thing, but man this is just going to suck...
    It's going to be the same as every new expansion launch. Why do you think it's only a problem now? Because corruptions give you way more haste than is reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It's going to be the same as every new expansion launch. Why do you think it's only a problem now? Because corruptions give you way more haste than is reasonable?
    It's still nowhere near as bad as loosing 20 trinkets, couple of passive boosts and other stuff legion weapon provided.
    Stats? Pffft, it's a not an issue at all.

If you can fill every GCD, you remove the entire purpose of the Envenom buff. The point of that buff is to pool before Envenom, then have a few GCDs of spamming into the Envenom buff and then start pooling for the next burst of action.
    Which currently doesn't happen even with the crazy amounts of haste and regen we have, so this is a nonpoint and not even something I'm arguing for.

I literally said "I think having enough energy for your rotation without having to wait on regen at any point is a big difference than being able to spam anything you want forever." I never said "being able to fill every GCD."