Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Your wishes for more Troll customization in SL?

Ok so last month, the datamined new troll customizations were (sort of) put together on Wowhead and other sites. I'm kind of satisfied with how they look,
    but I still think they could have more ideas for what they could put it. I personally think that both regular Trolls and Zandalari should share some of the options, since some of the tattoo textures are just translucent images that could be overlaid on top of a different skin color. I'm currently happy with the options for Zandalari, but they could use some new hairstyles as well as different face/tattoo options. Since WC3 trolls have been shown with beards, bone piercings and elaborate face paint (like Vol'jin has/had) for both male/females that's not currently ingame.

One of my wishes? Troll DKs need an exposed bone option that allows them to have skull faces and even bony fingers. Also, glowing eyes with black sclera (the whites of the eyes) and glowing tattoos like Bwonsamdi has. What would you like to see put in as customization options for WoW's tusk-y bois?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

1. Take Vol'jin's MoP Model
    2. Ctrl + C
    3. Ctrl + V
    4. Profit

Jokes aside, I do think that Vol'jin's MoP model is way better than what we got in WoD for troll characaters.
    Just compare the face, tusks, ears, hairstyle, etc to the ones we have right now, Vol'jin's look way more menancing and better imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just want blood trolls and forest trolls (don't even need bulky ones, just green skin would be enough) skins

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I just want blood trolls and forest trolls (don't even need bulky ones, just green skin would be enough) skins
    Agreed. Blood Trolls are extremely cool.

I'm mostly hoping for beards and body fur to become a little bit more visible. Not a fan of their current approach when they just give all the races new skin tones/hair colors and tattoos/body paint and call it a day.

Copy the face mask thingy and paste it for orcs.
    Ok joking aside, I'd like to see beards, Vol'jin's beard looks great.. why can't we have that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Cheap forest trolls are in alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

I want beards and tattoos.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fur option.

Some have forgetton that official art and official descriptions show them with it and describe them with having "short, soft" fur.

I'm content with what we've seen so far, but we're missing green skin and beards...which we REALLY need.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako509 View Post
    1. Take Vol'jin's MoP Model
    2. Ctrl + C
    3. Ctrl + V
    4. Profit

Jokes aside, I do think that Vol'jin's MoP model is way better than what we got in WoD for troll characaters.
    Just compare the face, tusks, ears, hairstyle, etc to the ones we have right now, Vol'jin's look way more menancing and better imo.
    It's funny because apart from the polygon count and slightly better skeleton, you're right.
    Vol'jin is far more detailed and has a way cooler look (beyond just "he's a lore character)

He has actual ears that look like they have depth, not cardboard cutouts. The troll male model is among some of the lesser model updates in WoD and you can see it if you compare it to the female.

5+ Year Old Account
    Blood trolls are confirmed by the way.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295976/...-undead-humans

What's important is:
    - More nice looking faces
    - More nice looking hairstyles

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really bothered about Troll beards i want more tusk options like jewelry or cracked tusks.

I think we're definitely getting green forest trolls and sand trolls, hopefully they'll retcon the silly beefy model from ZA and do the same for ice trolls. If you want to play a big green muscle man with tusks, the Orcs are there for you

My favoruite thing about trolls is the hairstyles being really bright colours and having wacky styles. I liked the forest troll one in game where it's the big mohawk but with dreads on the side that's cool.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Cheap forest trolls are in alpha.
    This is actually a mistake. Wowhead previewed tattoos on a green Troll, but this option is not actually being added. The only skins were getting as things stand are Dark Troll, Sand Troll and what is probably Frost Troll.

I thought initially that green would be reasonable, and thought Raventusk were not bulky. But apparently this got changed back in Cata. All forest trolls being bulky is probably the reason we're not getting it. But dataminers have confirmed it's not something currently shown in the files as an option.

As for what I want? Beards are well requested. I say make it happen. Some broken tusks I'm sure people would like.

What I would want most though, is lore around the new skins we are getting. Are Frost and Sand Trolls following the Zandalari into the Horde? Did we uncover a lost tribe of Dark Trolls, despite them being confirmed twice as pretty much all dead, except the one in Zandalar? What's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Blood trolls are confirmed by the way.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295976/...-undead-humans
    Those aren't Blood Trolls, they are Sand and Dark Trolls.

Blood Trolls are pale white, and although they have similar skeleton tattoos those are pretty standard voodoo stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    1- Beards
    2- More tusk options w/ jewelry
    3- Longer hairstyles and braids

I mean, even in reforged they look great

Last edited by Maljinwo; 2020-05-12 at 02:58 AM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post

Blood Trolls are pale white, and although they have similar skeleton tattoos those are pretty standard voodoo stuff.
    Speaking of Blood Trolls, if you replace a Darkspear troll's texture in Blender with one for a Blood Troll, it'll match up almost perfectly

So it could be possible

(just excuse her face texture, not sure how to mirror it yet)
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post

"One of the not-shown options will be blood troll paints similar to those from Nazmir"

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    "One of the not-shown options will be blood troll paints similar to those from Nazmir"
    It's hard to really say what that means though. They could just be talking about the regular warpaint blood trolls have, which is like half-face options and stuff.

Rather than the arm/leg thing that blood trolls have, which seems less like paint at all and more like they are just actually bloodstained or their skin is multicolored. Similar paint options also doesn't mean the pale grey skintone and darkened eyes, which are crucial to the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    1- Beards
    2- More tusk options w/ jewelry
    3- Longer hairstyles and braids

I mean, even in reforged they look great

Whoa! You got me!

Creating the equal of this for players would be a whole other level though.