Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Join mythic BOE trash farming runs. Right now the corruptions are readily available so getting a good one no longer gives you a million gold jackpot, but those 475 ilvl items are still worth a ton of money.

I sold a 460 belt with 12% crit corruption for 330k recently. Typical mythic BOE (no corruption or shit corruption) goes for 100-250k on my realm.
    Echoes of Nyalotha are still a bitch to farm and on long rotation, so getting a good corruption is still going to up the value by a considerable amount. Just not a silly amount anymore like it used to do before.

This is mmo champion forum in a nutshell.

I ask how much gold you people would estimate for doing all the quests in the game.

The replies I get are about what is most efficient way to earn gold in the game. I allready know the answer to that.

The reason why I want do all the quests in the game on all characters is because I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post

I ask how much gold you people would estimate for doing all the quests in the game.

The replies I get are about what is most efficient way to earn gold in the game. I allready know the answer to that.

The reason why I want do all the quests in the game on all characters is because I enjoy it.
    To answer your question, all one faction BFA zones would net you around 10 -13k gold (source: i did them on freshly boosted character). This is very rough, and includes vendoring grey drops and other things. It is not a gold mine by any means.

That being said....

You say you enjoy questing, but never done it before? I do not understand you.

Your question implied you want to earn gold, so people gave you better/faster ways to do that. And now you complain that they did that?

10+ Year Old Account

You're asking us to do a calculation for something inefficient. Do the research yourself if you really want to know; I doubt anyone here, aside from you, is interested enough in the answer to put the time in to find the answer to your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Mhm I paid 500k at exalted myseif. Did they increase the price?

Just curious but how do you have that many 120's and NOT have the gold (not trying to be argumentative)? Did you boost a lot of characters? Did you make any other big purchases? Purchase the highest level of flying on all of them?

I can understand the urge to do the last one, but if you aren't gonna use the character for too much you can get away with just the base flying speed and save a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    To answer your question, all one faction BFA zones would net you around 10 -13k gold (source: i did them on freshly boosted character). This is very rough, and includes vendoring grey drops and other things. It is not a gold mine by any means.

That being said....

Your question implied you want to earn gold, so people gave you better/faster ways to do that. And now you complain that they did that?
    Where did I wrote that I havent quested before?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post

That being said....

My question did not impy that at all. I even stated thats not the answer I was looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You're asking us to do a calculation for something inefficient. Do the research yourself if you really want to know; I doubt anyone here, aside from you, is interested enough in the answer to put the time in to find the answer to your question.
    I don't care about the efficiency. I just want to enjoy the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Just curious but how do you have that many 120's and NOT have the gold (not trying to be argumentative)? Did you boost a lot of characters? Did you make any other big purchases? Purchase the highest level of flying on all of them?

I can understand the urge to do the last one, but if you aren't gonna use the character for too much you can get away with just the base flying speed and save a lot of money.
    I got like 10k for leveling each one of them with dungeon spamming and some question. Most of that has gone to repairs for mythic raiding ln main, garrison buildings and flying etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So play the game and record the data on your own, you'll find the answer to your question. No reason to ask us to do the work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

What i mean was you have not done all the quests before. If you enjoy questing as you say you do, one would assume you've done them all at least once. But i guess your 'enjoy' is just do enough quests to get to max lavel asap and then that's it.

My question did not impy that at all. I even stated thats not the answer I was looking for.
    You specifically stated you want to buy a mount for 500k. Then you asked how much g would all quests net for you. You've actually got your answer from me and another poster above. And people even bothered to advice you agains it, as there are way more efficient ways in getting the g you need. But here you are complaining that you did not get an answer you wanted.

Then just go do it. Do all quests on all your characters, then come back here and tell us how much you've earned. Why ask this question if you still would do it, regardless the outcome? I would actually be interested in such information.

This is because no one in the right mind questing for gold
    Bli$$ard wants you spend real life money $$$ to buy gold.

OP, please..I know you hate my reply and blablabla, but head over to wow economy reddit and see all the help they give. AH play is not hard, nor should it be. It can even be relaxing, and casual. Greets someone who once farmed leathers and grinded 10g dailies to afford his 16k vendor mount in WOTLK.

Anyone who says AH play is hard is wrong. Also, why not just herb instead or even do mining if nothing else...through even that is dumb from my POV.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

He has reasons so I hope it works out. It will be almost impossible tho. Good luck!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Oh no no no. Why would you want to do something that could be mistaken for a fun activity, like quests? That's not how you play the game.You're much better off just farming mats in a circle until you can both afford the mount you want, and are completely fucking sick of the game. That's much more efficient.

If you're bad with the AH and want to avoid it then I find emissaries and paragons you get at exalted to be a very solid reliable income for gold. The more characters the better but you wont really start making gold until exalted which might limit it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    If you're bad with the AH and want to avoid it then I find emissaries and paragons you get at exalted to be a very solid reliable income for gold. The more characters the better but you wont really start making gold until exalted which might limit it for you.
    Just no. Again OP do what you want, but being bad at AH play is not an exesuse at least. They share everything on wow economy reddit, its actually kinda too much...Also, dont farm herbs/leathers either man...What you sell AH players just turn into a profit...So your 5g leather is 10, or 50g for somebody else.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Hi there.

So I really want the Warframe for my Lightforged Paladin. It costs like 545k at exalted. I never been good with gold and combined on alliance across 15 120s I have 20k.

And the same for my 15 120 on horde side.

I have some questions:

If I do all the quests in all the zones, how much gold would I make from that? At least from the later expansions you get like 20g or so from each quest. So it might be quite a bit.

I know this sounds completely insane but if I smash through all the quests in the game on all my 15 horde characters, that should accumilate to some gold right?

And is it possible to get this gold over to my alliance characters on another server? I assume I could buy a wow token for gold on the horde side, which gets added to my account balance, then sell it on the alliance side or something?

PS: I know there are many many easier ways to earn gold in the game, I just want to do it this way because... Reasons...
    You would be better served just doing WQ. Getting all the gold from them and vendor items and picking up the 4 to 5.5k gold from the emissary rep cache every so often.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if the OP wants to do quests, don't shame him; let him do quests.
    It's his time.

I honestly can't remember any resource ever doing this level of calculations though, so I can't really point you anywhere.
    The best way this can get answered is a bit of research and just doing a zone and seeing what happens.
    Maybe a combo of Wowhead and Google can tell you "zone X has Y quests", then you can look up a handful of them and see what kinda gold return @ max level, then use that as a safe assumption for average.
    If it's 15g per quest, with 60 quests in a zone, then you can safely say "I will get 900g via rewards, pre-vendoring, by completing this zone".
    From there, assuming the zone is untouched by all 15 toons, you can safely assume 13.5k gold if you finish it with all of them.

Obv it's not the most efficient, but that's not what he wants.
    Hope this maybe helps a little.

I was so bored during quarantine that I quested every single quest I found in WoD (and I am not even finished, since the garrison campaign is still lockout gated). Every zone nets about 5k gold (that's including vendoring every single dropped item, and WoD is already pretty generous with gold rewards).
    While that's not particularly bad (considering you need about 2-3h per zone with flying), it also isn't a great way to earn gold.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I got like 10k for leveling each one of them with dungeon spamming and some question. Most of that has gone to repairs for mythic raiding ln main, garrison buildings and flying etc.
    Instead of bitching about people saying it's inefficient, and since you clearly don't care about time expenditure, do the calculation on your own. You're asking people on the forum to do a lengthy and involved math to figure out something so dumb that it's not worth the time spent investigating it.

You obviously have nothing better to do anyways, so math it out yourself. Or, since time is irrelevant to you, just do the quests and keep track in real-time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once you manage to get that 500k, it's way smarter to invest it big time. For example, research what is profitable to craft or even flip, and double the amount first. Then at 1 mil buy the mount, and you still have half left instead of barely anything.

As for what's the fastest way to get to 500k, I'd say herb/mining at least for me in different expansions, but mainly BFA. About 12-15k/hour with no effort. Almost double that if joining a herbing group. If you feel lucky, farming sellable mount drops is even more gold per hour, but it can take a while to sell when compared to trade goods.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-06-04 at 05:42 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!