Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Hi there.

So I really want the Warframe for my Lightforged Paladin. It costs like 545k at exalted. I never been good with gold and combined on alliance across 15 120s I have 20k.

And the same for my 15 120 on horde side.

I have some questions:

If I do all the quests in all the zones, how much gold would I make from that? At least from the later expansions you get like 20g or so from each quest. So it might be quite a bit.

I know this sounds completely insane but if I smash through all the quests in the game on all my 15 horde characters, that should accumilate to some gold right?

And is it possible to get this gold over to my alliance characters on another server? I assume I could buy a wow token for gold on the horde side, which gets added to my account balance, then sell it on the alliance side or something?

PS: I know there are many many easier ways to earn gold in the game, I just want to do it this way because... Reasons...
    With all those alts I suggest running the following raids

Mythic Highmaul
    Heroic Highmaul
    Normal Highmaul
    Mythic Blackrock Foundry
    Heroic Blackrock Foundry
    Normal Blackrock Foundry
    Mythic Hellfire Citideal
    Heroic Hellfire Citideal
    Normal Hellfire Citideal
    25M Heroic Endless Springs
    25M Heroic Mogushan Vaults
    25M Heroic Throne of Thunder
    25M Heroic Heart of Fear

I did this on 5 alts and averaged 150k per week plus pets and mat from the runs id throw on the AH for another 50k (200k gold a week on 5 toons) This is by far the easiest way to make gold plus doing it on different classes you'll unlock a lot of transmogs and multiple chances of mounts.

The downside to this method is time. on a fresh 120 casually clearing these raids could take about a day.

If you are going for loremaster I suggest leveling fresh with an allied race for the heritage armor. and just start clearing zones. If your main reason is gold, i suggest looking at other options

Farming raids on a bunch of alts, and then collecting mats to put on the AH is probably your best bet. Lucky I don't think the warframe mount is going away any time soon so you don't have to run ALL the raids i listed every week. I'd do just the WoD raids and maybe the shorter raids that drop mounts I dont have

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Doing all the quests in the game on multiple characters = not boring? Dude what the fuck
    Yes, because it breaks things up and you do a wide array of activities along the way. Mindlessly grinding the same handful of mobs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is the most wretched thing I can imagine doing in a game.

If you did a single gold emissary with all your characters you would break your gold record.

That's pretty sad

10+ Year Old Account
    The following is a very approximative estimate counting dailies, weekly quests, dungeon quests, emissaries, faction assaults, and assuming you are Alliance. We will also assume that the average gold per quest at max level is 20 (some quests award 20, some 10, some 40, some 2, so let's just go with a safe estimate).

BfA has roughly 1871 quests. This amounts to 37.420 gold.

Legion has roughly 2500 quests. 50.000 gold.

WoD has roughly 1371 quests. 27.420 gold. Quests at this points are not worth 20g average, but let's say it balances out with some high-rewarding BfA quests and with lucrative Draenor treasures.

You are looking at a gain of about 115.000 gold if you complete the entirety of quests belonging to the latest three expansions with a max level character.

Doing this on five characters will get you 575.000 gold out of the 545.000 you need.

-----

I know you don't want to be told this, but I did the maths for you, so I will say it anyway: this amount of time is enough to get a Master's Degree in your favorite subject, but if you are up for the grind, have fun.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2020-06-04 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Run all WoD Raids at all difficulties and sell every item you get

Highmaul awards between 1800g and 2300g per run
    Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel awards between 2800g and 3000g per run
    That's still 200+ runs

- - - Updated - - -

The quickest way to make gold as a solo player, outside of being an AH mogul, is to run all the daily emissary quests on multiple max level toons, and when you have a spare hour or two, go farm as many herbs as you can and sell them raw rather than processed into items.

BFA is fairly well tuned in terms of casual play being able to pay to maintain a character with potions, enchants, flasks, and repairs, and make slow but small profit. If you cut these purchases out and take the flak in raids and mythic+ for not using consumables, and focus on the gold generated through dailies, you can build up cash reserves fairly quickly, pulling in 10k every day depending on the number of characters and how much you can face doing dailies over and over again.

If you want to make gold, you can either play the AH (and lose), or focus on gold generation above other activities such as dungeons and raids. Anything else and your gold balance will generally stay fairly flat.

Why not?
    You will burn out really really fucking fast unless you have resistance of being burnt out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The following is a very approximative estimate counting dailies, weekly quests, dungeon quests, emissaries, faction assaults, and assuming you are Alliance. We will also assume that the average gold per quest at max level is 20 (some quests award 20, some 10, some 40, some 2, so let's just go with a safe estimate).

WoD has roughly 1371 quests. 27.420 gold. Quests at this points are not worth 20g average, but let's say it balances out with some high-rewarding BfA quests and with lucrative Draenor treasures.

You are looking at a gain of about 115.000 gold if you complete the entirety of quests belonging to the latest three expansions with a max level character.

Doing this on five characters will get you 575.000 gold out of the 545.000 you need.

-----

I know you don't want to be told this, but I did the maths for you, so I will say it anyway: this amount of time is enough to get a Master's Degree in your favorite subject, but if you are up for the grind, have fun.
    Does it includes with legion bodyguard 3 equipment that give 10 gold (total 30 golds with 3 equipped. Only apply to legion world quests)

Hi there.

So I really want the Warframe for my Lightforged Paladin. It costs like 545k at exalted. I never been good with gold and combined on alliance across 15 120s I have 20k.

And the same for my 15 120 on horde side.

I have some questions:

If I do all the quests in all the zones, how much gold would I make from that? At least from the later expansions you get like 20g or so from each quest. So it might be quite a bit.

I know this sounds completely insane but if I smash through all the quests in the game on all my 15 horde characters, that should accumilate to some gold right?

And is it possible to get this gold over to my alliance characters on another server? I assume I could buy a wow token for gold on the horde side, which gets added to my account balance, then sell it on the alliance side or something?

PS: I know there are many many easier ways to earn gold in the game, I just want to do it this way because... Reasons...
    If you are willing to quest for gold there is literally an infinite amount available. You need one lower level character to party sync down with and you can do any quest in the game once a day per character.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    So play the game and record the data on your own, you'll find the answer to your question. No reason to ask us to do the work for you.
    It might be the case that someone allready know.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    With all those alts I suggest running the following raids

Farming raids on a bunch of alts, and then collecting mats to put on the AH is probably your best bet. Lucky I don't think the warframe mount is going away any time soon so you don't have to run ALL the raids i listed every week. I'd do just the WoD raids and maybe the shorter raids that drop mounts I dont have
    I have to agree, it's probably the easiest gold making activity that doesn't require other players and/or AH play.

If you clear an older raid on all three difficulties (N/H/M), depending upon the size of the raid you'll get 5-7.5k gold on average per raid from just vendoring everything. If your alts are geared enough, you can clear Legion raids like NH and ToS on all difficulties for gold... although some of the mythic encounters are still really tough if you don't know the fights and don't have certain abilities/damage to deal with the encounters since they don't take increased legacy damage (even though they have legacy loot). Worst case, decently geared 120's can handle N/H Legion raids for around 5k instead. There's also some mounts that drop from non-mythic difficulty bosses that you may have missed since they had low drop rates innately, so you can get some extra mounts if you're lucky.

*edit* - Some days you may feel lazy, so don't forget to pick up the raid skip quests. Also, the skips can sometimes circumvent bugs due to gating errors that exist in older raids (such as NH, where the NPC's opening a door may take foooooorever to where you can kill a boss or two before porting back). Not sure if they've made it easier recently, but the first fight in mythic HFC used to be an absolute nightmare to solo, and I'd just use the skips on alts eventually so I didn't have to do it. Less gold perhaps, but sometimes it's not about the amount of gold but how much time you spend getting the gold.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-06-05 at 01:09 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    If you are willing to quest for gold there is literally an infinite amount available. You need one lower level character to party sync down with and you can do any quest in the game once a day per character.
    Thanks. I didn't know that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

-----

Thanks. This was the answer I was looking for.

This is mmo champion forum in a nutshell.

I ask how much gold you people would estimate for doing all the quests in the game.

The replies I get are about what is most efficient way to earn gold in the game. I allready know the answer to that.

The reason why I want do all the quests in the game on all characters is because I enjoy it.
    Gosh, Karen, on behalf of the MMO-C community I feel terrible that we let you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    If you're bad with the AH and want to avoid it then I find emissaries and paragons you get at exalted to be a very solid reliable income for gold. The more characters the better but you wont really start making gold until exalted which might limit it for you.
    Ye this is a good suggestion tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw. I just did all quests in Ashenvale in about 30 minutes. Picked up bunch of herbs and ores as well. Not much gold from the quests though.

I will never understand why there are poor people in this game.

Just doing gold WQs on all 15 of those characters each day is going to be significantly more gold than doing garbage old quests. Not that I'd recommend doing gold WQs either.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

dont make gold by this method.it is too slow.there are many farmers farm gold by quests,so you can not get any loot.Just choose a legit wow trade marketplace to save time.
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Just no. Again OP do what you want, but being bad at AH play is not an exesuse at least. They share everything on wow economy reddit, its actually kinda too much...Also, dont farm herbs/leathers either man...What you sell AH players just turn into a profit...So your 5g leather is 10, or 50g for somebody else.
    I've made a few million gold in BFA from emissaries/paragons so not sure why you would consider it a bad play. Especially if you add in the extra gold you can get from it too (for example converting nazjatar pearls into crystals for gold) and selling other materials you gather from it.

Sure there's things you can farm purely to put on AH that might be worth it (rubbery flank, ores, herbs, leather etc) but the appeal of emissaries/WQs/paragons is that it's raw gold earned and you know it will be reliable and prices wont jump up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I've made a few million gold in BFA from emissaries/paragons so not sure why you would consider it a bad play. Especially if you add in the extra gold you can get from it too (for example converting nazjatar pearls into crystals for gold) and selling other materials you gather from it.

Sure there's things you can farm purely to put on AH that might be worth it (rubbery flank, ores, herbs, leather etc) but the appeal of emissaries/WQs/paragons is that it's raw gold earned and you know it will be reliable and prices wont jump up and down.
    Oh yea I totally get what you are saying - I was you in WOTLK 100%, but once you start AH playing you never look back. Even on a bad day where I spend 60 mins I still make 20-30k. Thats 2 times posting, and no I dont use any addons besides auctionator...Granted I do have many old recipes from LW that helps me, but thats it.

I made 5 million in 1 month when 8.3 launched...It was amazing, so fucking insane to know you made 500k in 1 day etc...Well thats was my higheste earning day. AH play is not hard, not should it be...Its kinda relaxing...Just make expolsums, re-craft, re-post...etc. I just find a podcast or youtube news video.

Edit: I get its not for all, but I just know that I was you years ago struggling to get gold wondering how others did it...And now I have crossed 50 million gold earned since WOD, and I have never done anything weird...I dont flip items, I dont use mission table...nothing, just consistent AH play.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I don't think anyone's added it all up since it varies once you're max level. but a good rough estimate is between 20 - 30k gold maybe more if you get to max level efficiently and then do quests. However someone did mention party sync so technically you can do all the quests once a day. although If your going for efficiency i refer you to all the posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I will never understand why there are poor people in this game.
    I will never understand why there are poor people in REAL LIFE.
    Fixed.

If someone like Trump and Bill Gates can start from NOTHING and become the richest, so can you !

You ask stupid questions, expect stupid answers lol