Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    The Manastorms showing up is a real kick in the rear as a long-time Darkspear player myself.

How on earth do Gnomes fit into the resting place of my ancestors? I hope we send them to the Maw >: )
    Bwonsamdi doesn't care for race, he just wants souls, not matter where they come from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Right? My Zandalari character Ahmanet is going to be pissed that two gnomes are in her father's realm too
    Bwonsamdi literally tells those he bestows boons upon to get him souls for his realm. It should be crawling with non troll souls to be honest.

The first time I read that De Other Side was going to be a dungeon in Shadowlands, I was ecstatic. Finally we would get to see the sacred afterlife of all trollkind! We'd be able to go to a realm (albeit a 'pocket' one) where Bwonsamdi ruled like a King over the souls of the past troll Kings/Queens. We'd get to see troll characters who've died centuries ago, such as Zul'jin and even Rastakhan.

But, it wasn't what I though it'd be. I was expecting having to go there because Sylvanas still wants Bwonsamdi's head, and we'll be fighting Nathanos and Sira.

Instead we're getting... a really weird dungeon. For some reason we'll be fighting Hakkar again, but this time he'll be 'dead' forever? .
    It's rather disheartening to have a Lore character such as him being the first boss of a dungeon to me. There's... a Broker in the dungeon? And why are the Manastorms in De Other Side? How'd they get there? Pretty weird to have them in the trollish afterlife. Oh we'll be seeing Mueh'zala for the first time canonically in WoW. It seems to me that he has sort of a presence in Ardenweald itself if his whispers are inspiring Sprites to do chaotic things. It's sad to me that Bwonsamdi ends up destroying him. I know its only Alpha and all this could be subject to change, but I'm not very happy with what they've done with Bwonsamdi's realm. What do you think? Could they have done better, or are you happy with it?

I was think of posting this in the Shadowlands forum, but I chose to go with Lore since I wanted to discuss it from a Lore standpoint
    Well first, I'd say its to early to pass judgment as we haven't seen the aesthetic, as for hakkar it makes some sense as that's a plot thread that's never been really resolved for while, the manastorns tend to get anywhere and I imagine malificant Finaly caught up with milhouse and they had there epic duel to the death likely why there both in shadowlands, as for sylvanas, her attempt to remove samdi is the subject of the pre expansion book and its likely foiled in that, as such the sylvanas v samdi arc is wrapped up there. Also the samdi stuff and troll stuff in shadowlands is only a sub plot or B story the sylvanas arc has moved on to a much bigger scale with the jail or and the maw and big macro cosmological entities above just a death Loa,

As fir disappointment in general, well, that's life. Things never live up to what's imagined that's why books are still popular. It's good practise never to become to much a fan boy/girl of any one thing as it's knly really going to set you up for dispointment when the owner of the works Vision diverges from your own.

From what's been datamined it looks like De Other Side isn't ALL De Other Side and is actually a dungeon that takes you through multiple dimensions (kind of the "wacky space-time" dungeon as you will). The gnomes have a pocket dimension, the Broker area will likely foreshadow patch stuff, and then Hakkar and Mueh'zala are in the actual De Other Side area.

From what's been said by devs they didn't plan on Bwonsamdi being all that important in Shadowlands initially so it's more likely that an actual troll dungeon was never in the cards.

Right? My Zandalari character Ahmanet is going to be pissed that two gnomes are in her father's realm too

On another note, I'm glad there's no 'torturous' places in De Other Side. Bwonsamdi doesn't strike me as sadistic or cruel so maybe that's a good thing. He comes across as a kind of 'Dude, you suck! Get outta me sight mon! ' troll Loa to me

(except Zalazane is kind of pinned up in the Necropolis, but I guess that's not as bad compared to being hurt over and over?)
    Bwonsamdi made it clear in the MOP lead in book that he has control over all souls, not just trolls. It hasn't been mentioned why that is, if it's a choice... although I'm assuming it's due to upcoming Shadowlands lore, but won't ever be specifically addressed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    From what's been datamined it looks like De Other Side isn't ALL De Other Side and is actually a dungeon that takes you through multiple dimensions (kind of the "wacky space-time" dungeon as you will). The gnomes have a pocket dimension, the Broker area will likely foreshadow patch stuff, and then Hakkar and Mueh'zala are in the actual De Other Side area.
    You know, a wacky afterlife realm kind of suits Bwonsamdi's personality. I wouldn't really be surprised if it looks that way due to his subconscious, since he's been around for so long he's probably seen soo many trolls he's lost count. So he's probably a bit crazy from age

From what's been said by devs they didn't plan on Bwonsamdi being all that important in Shadowlands initially so it's more likely that an actual troll dungeon was never in the cards.
    Yeah that might explain why it seems soo random compared to everything else in Ardenweald. But at least it's not a Hellish wasteland like I feared it would be
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-06-05 at 07:22 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    They probably conjured up a portal to "Da other side" which we take and by mistake land in their workshop.
    That would even dumb down the other side pocket dimension idea even more.

So gnomes and probably goblins can just create techno portal to get into a secret dimension of bwonsamdi.
    Sounds cheap tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

So gnomes and probably goblins can just create techno portal to get into a secret dimension of bwonsamdi.
    Sounds cheap tbh.
    Sounds like the fake leaks we got about tinkers being the key to get us in and out of the Shadowlands.

I will never be okay with big lore characters like Hakkar being used as dungeon bosses. Maybe it could work if done correctly but Blizzard's track record of doing it ain't great (look at Ner'zhul) so my expectations are low and it still feels weird regardless. Manastorms being a part of the dungeon is also super weird to me, there's a lot of other options they could've gone with that would've fit in thematically.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I will never be okay with big lore characters like Hakkar being used as dungeon bosses. Maybe it could work if done correctly but Blizzard's track record of doing it ain't great (look at Ner'zhul) so my expectations are low and it still feels weird regardless. Manastorms being a part of the dungeon is also super weird to me, there's a lot of other options they could've gone with that would've fit in thematically.
    They could've had an ancient tribal council of Trolls that Bwonsamdi wants you to stop from arguing with each other, since they're often very hostile to the other long-dead councils. Sadly we got gnomes instead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Might as well reroll. No one wants to RP with people whose characters are relatives of major lore characters anyways.

(saying this as it seems that this is what OP's all about... RP'ing as a daughter of a major lore character and then the lore not going his/her way)
    Sorry but no. I made this thread so I could express my opinion on De Other Side as a dungeon/afterlife, and to see if anyone would like to express their opinion on it.

It's in no way about my RP character lol

I'm a woman btw, the signature should be a hint

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Sounds cheap tbh.
    One of the gnomes is an engineer, yes (the wife).
    The other one is an insane mage who dabbled in all types of bad juju... I mean, we though the guy was dead at least 2 times up to now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Alright, looks like De Other Side is finally available for testing!

Aaand it seems to be that Mueh'zala doesn't die now. Bwon boi captures him instead. Kind of weird that he's keeping him in his own realm though

So he might be future raid boss filler.