Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Have you ever think if the subscription model just gone away?

It's a old system, new MMOs don't need this mercenary model.
    ... and thats why two of the most successful mmorpgs (WoW and FFXIV) used this model?

I dont mind the subscription model but wow tokens have turned a once beautiful trade chat into ' ICECROWN SELLING MYTHIC 15 ARMOUR STACK FREE WITH 2 PURCHASES' GALLYWIX IS NOW RUNNING HC NZOTH EVERY 2 HOURS 175k! WTS 5 MASK RUN 125k CHEAPEAST ON REALM!
    As soon as you give gold a real world value that becomes OK to purchase, you get these cretins spamming chat. Honestly miss proper trade chat, people linking proffs or trying to sell certain items.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Would it? I don't think ESO Online has huge shop.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    I dont mind the subscription model but wow tokens have turned a once beautiful trade chat into ' ICECROWN SELLING MYTHIC 15 ARMOUR STACK FREE WITH 2 PURCHASES' GALLYWIX IS NOW RUNNING HC NZOTH EVERY 2 HOURS 175k! WTS 5 MASK RUN 125k CHEAPEAST ON REALM!
    As soon as you give gold a real world value that becomes OK to purchase, you get these cretins spamming chat. Honestly miss proper trade chat, people linking proffs or trying to sell certain items.
    Oh sweet summer child, I don't know on which private server have you been playing till now, but wowtoken did not change anything except now boost can be bought with gold. Trade chat always looked like this. Previously it was more RMT spam so I guess it's a good change for average player.

--- snip ---

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Trading time and effort for gold is still trading.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-06 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topics

Well as someone who plays SWTOR and Neverwinter I can tell you F2P isn't that great. While its free so much of it is locked behind a subscription or cash shop that you are getting the bare minimum of a game with very little reward. SWTOR just had a "new xpac" for the first time in years. All of Neverwinters best rewards are locked in chest that as far as I know can only be accessed from keys that must be bought from "Zen" in the cash shop. I used to play GW2 but when I tried downloading it again there is some weird glitch that's going on that I can't even access it. So while I "pay" for WoW... which I haven't for the last 6 months with WoW Tokens, I get a new expansion every few years, multiple patches per expansion, nothing is locked behind the cash shop other than some vanity stuff and random non-essentials. So sorry but I'd rather pay a subscription and have access to everything depending on the effort and skill I put into it than some F2P where 70% of the game is locked behind a subscription or cash shop

You'd rather have BDOs predatory P2W system than a monthly sub? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah it's ok when FF does it but that's ok beacuse catgirls.

>:3
    Your fans will generally be more lenient if they don't view your company as a soulless cash machine.

I'd pay 30$ a month if they'd get rid of the ingame shop and add those pets and mounts to rep chains + maybe hire a few more art people to make extra armor and weapon models.

But i understand the shop give them the precision to boost sales when they need it.

--- snip ---

Other than that yeah, just stick to free to play base game with instanced bots for story.

And a paid MMO aspect and everyone is happy.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-06 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topics

I worry if the subscription model went away means we'd get a pay to win model instead. You aint getting an entirely free MMO from Blizzard without paying for something :P

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-06 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topics

why ? they need sub money to pay for their artists to make cash shop mounts to sell us again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Your fans will generally be more lenient if they don't view your company as a soulless cash machine.

I'd pay 30$ a month if they'd get rid of the ingame shop and add those pets and mounts to rep chains + maybe hire a few more art people to make extra armor and weapon models.

But i understand the shop give them the precision to boost sales when they need it.
    Same. Im willing to pay more for the sub if that ment we got everything on the shop+more.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    If I pay 20$ CAD for WoW and all I want is to PVP one night every friday, it feels like I'm paying 10$ for a gym membership and only going there 4 times a month to do 30 mins of cardio...
    so perhaps its not worth the sub money for you... but that doesnt mean sub should get away, that means you should consider if you cancel sub or not... you are not paying for time spent, you pay for oportunity to go and play, you wouldnt ask gym owner to give you cheaper membership or free entry bcs you only go there for 2h a month right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post

eh you would (and me to tbh) but many people wouldnt, this way people can opt in on what they do and dont want to pay for, i might not like it personaly but i still think its better for both players and blizzard

Sure. They already sell gold..boosts... items.. mounts.. transmogs.. its almost like Guild Wars 2 and other games. Every game that sell stuff is free to play. So how come WoW isnt? We get to pay monthly + get all the BS from the free to play games? Oh joy................

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Sure. They already sell gold..boosts... items.. mounts.. transmogs.. its almost like Guild Wars 2 and other games. Every game that sell stuff is free to play. So how come WoW isnt? We get to pay monthly + get all the BS from the free to play games? Oh joy................
    well they dont sell boosts for one... (players do, but they did since vanila)
    and if you think those few shop items (compared to hundreds ingame) is anywhere near GW2 or other F2P games cash shop you are delusional...

I think the sub is what keeps the game alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Subs are pretty good at keeping the trash and bots out on the whole.
    keeps the bots out? HAHAHAHA that is equally naive and funny at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    as long as the sheep keep paying they will keep charging. the only reason they continue with a sub model is because the players pay it. the games production costs dont reflect the money they get from subs at all. in fact they continue to insult the player base with the content they put out compared to the money they have rolling in.
    blizz is a scam company selling polished turds to the masses.

It is a way to get player housing.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I like the current model. It's free with tokens now since you can buy game time as well as every single item with ingame currency as well as other Blizzard games. Name another game that allows that.

Free to play games are usually pay to win trash and this model keeps the content rolling, for free.