Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Plenty of spineless and toxic kids spinning out of control in games like Legue of Legends.

My friends used to get death threats (not that it means anything) but it shows what free games can possibly bring to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Nice try mate but in FF14 the costs are *significantly* cheaper, a level boost alone costs you 1/3rd of the cost compared to wow, where as wow legit costs you what amounts to a game in value.

Square's cash shop is still scummy, but at least its affordably scummy, instead of making things absoleutley unreasonable.

And, Square does *not* have a Token currency you can buy to earn instant gil, like wow, which encourages even more spending for free virtual money.

Honestly when your paying £50 for a character boost in wow, vs a £17.50 boost in 14, we can clearly tell which one is significantly more lenient.

But prices and that affair aside, it is true the age of subscription mmo's are dying out and frankly wow has almost no reason to be a sub mmo in 2020, infact tbh it hurts it "more" to attach a mandatory sub when so many people have already left, they should, have made the game buy to play, especially if they want to compete with other subscription based mmo's currently doing significantly better (like 14).
    We can agree on many of these things, but FF14 are most certaintly not doing better than WoW. Every estimate I can find put FF14 at less than 1 mill subs. That's WoW classic alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    WoW's community is a lot more toxic than it was a few years back.
    Still dosen't compare as big compared to the one i compared it to. You should see for awhile atm how people over on that games Community reacts to things in general about their game.

especially if they want to compete with other subscription based mmo's currently doing significantly better (like 14).
    First we'd need an MMO that was doing better than wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    First we'd need an MMO that was doing better than wow.
    At the moment, 14 definatley.

Shadowbringers legitimately smashed BFA in terms of quality and gameplay and story narrative.

And the fact its getting its 5.3 finale soon isnt gonna help BFA at all especially with 5.3 also comming with reworks to the origional ARR 1-50 experience to make it more streamlined and flying in ARR to make alt leveling faster.

Honestly, 14 is basically becomming the new top dog in terms of quality for MMO's these days, WoW itself has declined since Cata when they added LFR and bonus rolls, and BFA reached the worst point of that RNG reliant system.

If you want an MMO that basically feels like Wow during Vanillia/TBC/Wrath, then you should try 14.

Shadowbringers legitimately smashed BFA in terms of quality and gameplay and story narrative.

And the fact its getting its 5.3 finale soon isnt gonna help BFA at all especially with 5.3 also comming with reworks to the origional ARR 1-50 experience to make it more streamlined and flying in ARR to make alt leveling faster.

Honestly, 14 is basically becomming the new top dog in terms of quality for MMO's these days, WoW itself has declined since Cata when they added LFR and bonus rolls, and BFA reached the worst point of that RNG reliant system.

If you want an MMO that basically feels like Wow during Vanillia/TBC/Wrath, then you should try 14.
    Ive played ffxiv some thousand hours, the only thing it has going for it is looks.
    If the pvp wasnt quite literally the worst on the market and gearing had even a hint of choise , it could be taken seriously.

I have always been against F2P games and I will always be against F2P games.

It hasn't even saved good MMORPG F2P games like Elder Scrolls Online and SW:TOR. Everything is centered around the store even if the games don't offer P2W stuff.
    Another example is Black Desert and Path of Exile. F2P games, both have shitty looking item drops because all good looking stuff is in the store, for real money.
    And those are THE BEST CASE SCENARIOS, with only cosmetic items (and some xp bonus stuff). The reality is most F2P games are much, much worse.

F2P, no thanks. Not even with an optional sub.
    If WoW goes F2P I'll switch to something that has a subscription only model.

If they could do it in a way where the transactions were all cosmetic and didn’t impact gameplay, then yes, I’d be for it. Essentially, just the way transactions are now, but maybe more of them. However, if it turned into having any type of advantage by paying for things, then I’d be against it. P2P games on mobile devices are the destruction of video games IMO, and I’d hate to see WoW take any step in that direction.

This is another entry in "Daily stupid things the internet spits forth".

If you want to play FF14 please do, but it's not nearly the same as early WoW, whether in popularity nor in every other aspect.

Your personal experiences don't mean shit. The only thing FF14 have in common is the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I'd rather have them increase the fee and get rid of all the micro transactions.
    That would never happen, they would increase the fee and even add more pricey "micro transaction" and even more in number. They would even go as far as selling pay2win items. Because the sub fee has nothing to do with paying for the cost of development, not anymore, it is just there for it to be there. The sub fee is now there to subvert people's mind and then make money through "micro transaction" cash shop and token.

If I had to choose, I would say just keep the sub fee and cash shop, don't ask money for expansion. Sell some digital deluxe and collector's edition for each expansion that gives some unique cosmetic rewards.
    "Why do we fight? to protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is : what is worth fighting for?"

Do you read xuanhuan/wuxia/xianxia novels? Try out : Nine Sun God King.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    This is another entry in "Daily stupid things the internet spits forth".

If you want to play FF14 please do, but it's not nearly the same as early WoW, whether in popularity nor in every other aspect.

Your personal experiences don't mean shit. The only thing FF14 have in common is the genre.
    I imagine you've never played it, because as someone who played from classic to current I can guarentee you that its more of a classic experience than rose tinted wow classic itself was.

"No more sub" threads need to be added to the list of banned topics.

If these people spent more effort working, and making something of themselves, instead of whining on forums about being poor, maybe they'd care less about a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    Have you ever think if the subscription model just gone away?

It's a old system, new MMOs don't need this mercenary model. We have gw2, same generation, never have subscription (many others: BDO, ESO, SWTOR). The new generation is buy-to-play or free-to-play.

In my opinion, blizzard must remove the pay-to-play (we already buy the game, is it reallly needs pay a "rent"?)
    Do you understand why we pay that "rent"?