Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It is not possible to end the faction war anymore. In fact, there can never be peace anymore. The reason is simple: the horde has shown yet again, in just a few years, that they revel in violence and bloodshet. They are enjoying war and celebrate genocide. However, this time around, the horde did not try to clean itself like during MoP, the vast majority stood with Sylvanas till the end. They not only accepted the atrocities of the fourth war, they supported them. There is no real closure here either - all blame is put on Sylvanas, everybody else is portrayed as innocent. They are not.
    There was a chance for peace after legion - its over now forever. The horde and the alliance can not co exist, because the horde does not want peace. They want carnage and destruction and that will never change.
    I am sorry for all horde players who have seen themself as a honorable band of outcasts or something like that before BfA.
    I will take the PoV of a player mainly invested in the Night Elves and tell you what i think is wrong with your analysis:
    Out of the entire Alliance only ONE guy came to reclaim Darkshore and stop the desecration of our people. Yes, the Horde is to blame for it. And i 100% agree that it is the ENTIRE Horde, not just Sylvanas. But what about Velen, the Three-Hammers, Mekkatorque? What about the "neutrals" i spend the last decade fighting for? The Silver Hand, Ebon Blade, Thrall, Khadgar? I was there to pull their asses out of the fire....where have they been when my home burned and my people were raised into undead slavery? I saw none of them.

And now for the biggest offender of them all: Anduin.

So far, Anduin has not even VISITED Darkshore. Let alone fought for it. He did not even spend some words of comfort as a PRIEST. He sure as hell had time to visit Boralus and invite some girl to a picknick in Stormwind....but defending his faction was just not possible?

Saurfang commited Genocide in his life THREE times. THREE TIMES. How many times do you have to commit genocide during your life before it stops being "at the wrong place at the wrong time" and you simply being a POS lowlife?
    Yet, our "King" - who did not even find the time to visit Darkshore ONCE and actively denied military help to instead attack a neutral city without ANYTHING that would even resemble a "plan" in the most remote sense of the word of what the fuck to even do there - carried this POS child murderer to funeral in honors?

Honesty, i am much more disgusted by my own faction than by the Horde. I always knew the Horde was a sack of lying shits without honor. No surprise here. But my own tribe? The Draenei did litterally NOTHING in the entire war over Darkshore despite living right next to it. They talk about light and BS all the fucking time but do not even help when an entire race faces extinction and undead slavery?! How would you call that? And Anduin can simply go and fuck himself.

Never have i felt less as a part of a faction than in BFA. The Alliance is dead. The Horde died long before when Blood Elves joined in TBC - actually it died when they allowed the Undead in even before that. The original Undead even blatantly stated in their intro that they were just waiting for the right time to make the Horde Scourge2.
    The question should not be whether to keep the "faction conflict" but if suffering the stench of these two rotting carcasses that once were factions is worth anything at this point.

Tyrande has been FAR to soft on her "fellow" Alliance members. And Shandris has turned out to be a huge disappointment.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-06-05 at 11:26 PM.

IT should have been over a long time ago. Since they can't write for shit they will just use Tyrande to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Tyrande has every right to be upset and not just kiss and make up with the Horde, though.
    Well, she is after Sylvanas though, so not so much Horde really. Even Tyrande can be rational, but seeing the story team is so back and forth with it how the characters behave we don't know whats next.

To me they are just using her to maybe be an instigator for the next faction war. Which comes like every 3-4 expansion. It just doesn't make much sense. Either have the war in world of warcraft.

Or don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    IT should have been over a long time ago. Since they can't write for shit they will just use Tyrande to bring it back.
    Yeah, they don't really have anything else to use. If they don't make Baine go on a rampage or something else that doesn't make sense.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Well, she is after Sylvanas though, so not so much Horde really. Even Tyrande can be rational, but seeing the story team is so back and forth with it how the characters behave we don't know whats next.
    Yes, and it's an atrocity that Blizzard once again tries to pin the deeds of the Horde on a single ez scapegoat.

Garrosh 2.0.

No, I'm fine with it to keep going, the story is a trainwreck but still enjoyable.

I mean, yes, of course. Literally everyone worth listening to was predicting some kind of faction mechanical change at the end of BFA. Speaking for myself, the fact that it didn't happen is why I got out of the business of predicting WoW's lore because they clearly don't feel bound to common sense in choosing such outcomes.

Faction war really should ended long time ago but still doing it cuz "CORE" OH WOWZERS! ULTIMATE WASTE OF TIME FOR MEANINGLESS WAR! Tbh, i was expecting something more interesting than "faction war" in the way. I want horde go that path that doesn't involve with alliance in the path. That goes for alliance as well. *INHALES* NOOOOOOO MUST OBEY THE CORE!!!!!!
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-06-05 at 11:30 PM.

It's long past due. Ideally, BFA would have come after WoD and before Legion, with BFA resolving the faction conflict and Legion being the perfect reason for the two sides to finally work together on fighting bigger threats.

Instead you have... this, and no one on either faction really seems happy with it. Personally, I'd prefer for factions to function closer to something like FFXIV or ESO.

I sure as hell would like it to be done and over with...

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    That goes for alliance as well. *INHALES* NOOOOOOO MUST OBEY THE CORE!!!!!!
    OBEY!!

The faction war will end... when we will stomp Horde scum flat into the dirt under our glorious Alliance boots.

Once more the Alliance will rule the Azeroth... and we shall have peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, and it's an atrocity that Blizzard once again tries to pin the deeds of the Horde on a single ez scapegoat.

Garrosh 2.0.
    Yeah, pretty much. Ooooooor

Kerri, eh, redemption story. But I'll be honest with myself, I think that theory is getting less likely the more info we get.

Let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Kerri, eh, redemption story. But I'll be honest with myself, I think that theory is getting less likely the more info we get.
    I am almost convinced they will go full Kerri mode with Sylv.

Since this whole Windrunner sisters comic with Void shown as being practically terrified of Sylvanas, it's almost a given that she will be the key to defeating Void Lords, just like Kerri with Amon.

the faction war should have ended fifteen years ago

While I'd like the faction war to die, it seems like they're setting up another go at it in X9 or X10. Tyrande is still out there, biding her time. She'll strike and we'll have to deal with it all again.
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

It won't happen, the only way there will ever be an end to the "Faction War" if there is no Alliance or Horde but one Faction...Two sides will always oppose one another with different ideals and goals even if common ground can often be found with the two different sides, there will always be room for conflict.

Now should it be a major story point of an Expansion? No. They made it clear there will never be a true winner or a loser in this conflict but something to often drag said conflict towards other avenues rather then each other, the only way I'd like to see it as a major story point again is if one side Wins against the other...but this being an MMO I don't see that happening! With so much controversy between Alliance and Horde both in game, and in their playerbases declaring a winner would make such an outrage with varying levels of criticism that I think Blizzard would just rather not do that
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-06-06 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am almost convinced they will go full Kerri mode with Sylv.

Since this whole Windrunner sisters comic with Void shown as being practically terrified of Sylvanas, it's almost a given that she will be the key to defeating Void Lords, just like Kerri with Amon.
    Thats been my narrative as well. It's similar. And Blizzard love to copy from their own games.

But what we have seen in Shadowlands so far it seems to me she is turning into a villain that just want to see the world(tree) burn.. Though we never know if they have a twist in mind. Like the N'Zoth twist. Doing it for the long run. Patch 11.0. Oh, you thought you killed him in Nya'lotha?? Just a vision!

Kerri, eh Sylvanas might be the hero we don't want, but the hero we deserve.

Let loot be loot.

no, not a chance.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

The biggest problem is that this is a one way ticket.

If you merge factions, then you can no longer unmerge it and much of the future potential for good stories with strong faction identity contained in Azeroth will be lost right there. We had great many good stories thanks to the faction divide and we can have more in the future too.

I do agree with devs stating it's a core to the game, but on top of that the above consideration is strong too.
    Every faction story has been hamfisted and is especially retarded when we constantly unite to save the world from other threats. By this point pretty much every single horde and alliance soldier still alive would have probably been personally saved by another member of the opposing faction.

They could easily keep faction conflict going by using different factions. Just imagine a couple expansions where the faction conflict is between two goblin cartels who just so happen to recruit horde on one and alliance on the other. With non HvA conflict we could also start having conflicts that actually have consequences so if the "Horde" goblin cartel won they would then be the ones supplying both the Horde and Alliance with X for their fights with world ending threats and the "Alliance" one may be wiped out or in low rank positions of the other cartel.

Because you are a high ranking member of your faction.
    Technically we are still adventurers which is why we can run around and do what ever we want.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-06-06 at 02:24 AM.

its never going to end with the current lore team.
    #tracerisawesomelycute
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=shada%27in
    Mods are bias
    "I believe in honor but when it comes to war i will do whatever it takes to protect or save my family" -General Zanjin

Since it's an mmo and it will never be possible for either faction to win, all out war really serves no function and can never be taken seriously.

Yes it can be used to move a story but the entire time it's conducted with a 'nod and a wink' understanding that neither side will defeat the other.