Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Well, she is after Sylvanas though, so not so much Horde really. Even Tyrande can be rational, but seeing the story team is so back and forth with it how the characters behave we don't know whats next.
    Yes, and it's an atrocity that Blizzard once again tries to pin the deeds of the Horde on a single ez scapegoat.

Garrosh 2.0.

No, I'm fine with it to keep going, the story is a trainwreck but still enjoyable.

I mean, yes, of course. Literally everyone worth listening to was predicting some kind of faction mechanical change at the end of BFA. Speaking for myself, the fact that it didn't happen is why I got out of the business of predicting WoW's lore because they clearly don't feel bound to common sense in choosing such outcomes.

Faction war really should ended long time ago but still doing it cuz "CORE" OH WOWZERS! ULTIMATE WASTE OF TIME FOR MEANINGLESS WAR! Tbh, i was expecting something more interesting than "faction war" in the way. I want horde go that path that doesn't involve with alliance in the path. That goes for alliance as well. *INHALES* NOOOOOOO MUST OBEY THE CORE!!!!!!
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-06-05 at 11:30 PM.

It's long past due. Ideally, BFA would have come after WoD and before Legion, with BFA resolving the faction conflict and Legion being the perfect reason for the two sides to finally work together on fighting bigger threats.

Instead you have... this, and no one on either faction really seems happy with it. Personally, I'd prefer for factions to function closer to something like FFXIV or ESO.

I sure as hell would like it to be done and over with...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    That goes for alliance as well. *INHALES* NOOOOOOO MUST OBEY THE CORE!!!!!!
    OBEY!!

The faction war will end... when we will stomp Horde scum flat into the dirt under our glorious Alliance boots.

Once more the Alliance will rule the Azeroth... and we shall have peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, and it's an atrocity that Blizzard once again tries to pin the deeds of the Horde on a single ez scapegoat.

Garrosh 2.0.
    Yeah, pretty much. Ooooooor

Kerri, eh, redemption story. But I'll be honest with myself, I think that theory is getting less likely the more info we get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kerri, eh, redemption story. But I'll be honest with myself, I think that theory is getting less likely the more info we get.
    I am almost convinced they will go full Kerri mode with Sylv.

Since this whole Windrunner sisters comic with Void shown as being practically terrified of Sylvanas, it's almost a given that she will be the key to defeating Void Lords, just like Kerri with Amon.

the faction war should have ended fifteen years ago

While I'd like the faction war to die, it seems like they're setting up another go at it in X9 or X10. Tyrande is still out there, biding her time. She'll strike and we'll have to deal with it all again.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

7+ Year Old Account
    It won't happen, the only way there will ever be an end to the "Faction War" if there is no Alliance or Horde but one Faction...Two sides will always oppose one another with different ideals and goals even if common ground can often be found with the two different sides, there will always be room for conflict.

Now should it be a major story point of an Expansion? No. They made it clear there will never be a true winner or a loser in this conflict but something to often drag said conflict towards other avenues rather then each other, the only way I'd like to see it as a major story point again is if one side Wins against the other...but this being an MMO I don't see that happening! With so much controversy between Alliance and Horde both in game, and in their playerbases declaring a winner would make such an outrage with varying levels of criticism that I think Blizzard would just rather not do that
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-06-06 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am almost convinced they will go full Kerri mode with Sylv.

Since this whole Windrunner sisters comic with Void shown as being practically terrified of Sylvanas, it's almost a given that she will be the key to defeating Void Lords, just like Kerri with Amon.
    Thats been my narrative as well. It's similar. And Blizzard love to copy from their own games.

But what we have seen in Shadowlands so far it seems to me she is turning into a villain that just want to see the world(tree) burn.. Though we never know if they have a twist in mind. Like the N'Zoth twist. Doing it for the long run. Patch 11.0. Oh, you thought you killed him in Nya'lotha?? Just a vision!

Kerri, eh Sylvanas might be the hero we don't want, but the hero we deserve.

no, not a chance.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The biggest problem is that this is a one way ticket.

If you merge factions, then you can no longer unmerge it and much of the future potential for good stories with strong faction identity contained in Azeroth will be lost right there. We had great many good stories thanks to the faction divide and we can have more in the future too.

I do agree with devs stating it's a core to the game, but on top of that the above consideration is strong too.
    Every faction story has been hamfisted and is especially retarded when we constantly unite to save the world from other threats. By this point pretty much every single horde and alliance soldier still alive would have probably been personally saved by another member of the opposing faction.

They could easily keep faction conflict going by using different factions. Just imagine a couple expansions where the faction conflict is between two goblin cartels who just so happen to recruit horde on one and alliance on the other. With non HvA conflict we could also start having conflicts that actually have consequences so if the "Horde" goblin cartel won they would then be the ones supplying both the Horde and Alliance with X for their fights with world ending threats and the "Alliance" one may be wiped out or in low rank positions of the other cartel.

Because you are a high ranking member of your faction.
    Technically we are still adventurers which is why we can run around and do what ever we want.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-06-06 at 02:24 AM.

its never going to end with the current lore team.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Since it's an mmo and it will never be possible for either faction to win, all out war really serves no function and can never be taken seriously.

Yes it can be used to move a story but the entire time it's conducted with a 'nod and a wink' understanding that neither side will defeat the other.

It fascinates me when people believe that war is a central theme of wow and cannot be replaced. Strategy games were about the war, but wow is, at best, war-adjacent. Both "fourth war" and whatever it was in pandaria were pathetic in both scale and execution. And the main reason for that is painfully obvious - neither side can be allowed to win, so the conclusion always has to be overall neutral. And a war that has no real consequences hardly makes for an engaging story. I'm not trying to put down writers here, it's just the limitations of an MMO. But what I can't forgive are repeated attempts to write a war story in a game that can't support it.

For a decent war narrative to take place, players have to not be directly involved. If players were neutral as a whole, but were free to choose their aliegences in said war, then it could have consequences, without having to constantly worry about what that means for players of the loosing faction.

Yeah, pretty much. Ooooooor

Part of me always feels like they might make that happen.

They've spent so much time making Sylvanas into a bigger villain than she already was after Teldrassil. They even pinned Wrath Gate on her years after the fact, despite nobody asking or desiring that.

Reeks of "WE CONVINCED YOU SHE WAS EVIL BUT PLOT TWIST SHE WAS ACTUALLY NOT ALL THAT EVIL."

And yes, I think Blizzard writers could be incompetent enough to think people would gobble that up despite it making no sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    There really is no solid reason for the factions to be split as they are at this point beyond 'thats how it is'. People can and have argued for ages about the minutia of the faction divide. The fact of the matter is that it was a core concept at launch that devs are unwilling or unable to move away from.