Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury or arms outside of raids?

Hey.

i've seen on warcraft logs that arms is currently the top dog when it comes to raids, But i'm also heard that arms is slow af that depend on "Burst windows"

So what i am wondering is, Which one (arms or fury) do you all prefer for "World" content aka Visions & World quests.

They are both good at everything, just play the one you like. Arms has a lot of playstyles available to it via traits, essences and talents and pretty much all of them are fine for melting through world content and visions, even if high end raiding is centered around test of might windows. And regarding world content, it's pretty well suited to CD based classes since you're mostly flying between mobs, giving you plenty of time for CS/Warbreaker + Bladestorm to come off cooldown.

Fury at least is a little more mindless, if you prefer that.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

for WQs, if you play with warmode on, id say fury because they can self heal with the battle trance pvp talent and bloodthirst

Arms isn't as 'bursty' as its reputation makes out (which is a leftover from when it was all or nothing during CS windows), so much damage comes from DW's its damage profile is very smooth.

I felt Fury was a lot better.

Damage is upfront, no ramp up. Insane self healing, enough to solo "boss" rare (the ones with 10000k+ hp).
    Slightly better mobility.

All of these are greatly amplified in War Mode.

In my opinion, fury is far more versatile as its sustain is through the roof. Whether it's M+, raiding, casual BGs, arena, general questing or horrific visions, it can do it all to a decent level. Arms is optimal for raiding and arena but it is less forgiving having no sustain. It also takes some setup with lucid dreams + CS + ToM, where fury can deal most of its damage up front.

Personally, I dont think there's a more satisfying feeling in the game than lining up an execute phase during CS and ToM with lucid dreams up.

For open world and small cleave Fury tends to work out really well given that it has so much sustain in the self-healing just from Bloodthirst.

If you're doing really big cleave or need huge burst windows then Arms is performing better with the ability to get corruptions.

Fury has great self-sustain, and isn't reliant on such long burst windows. The only downside is doing invasions, where there is that stacking debuff the that increases the cost of your abilities...and you find yourself unable to use Rampage...at all...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Fury has great self-sustain, and isn't reliant on such long burst windows. The only downside is doing invasions, where there is that stacking debuff the that increases the cost of your abilities...and you find yourself unable to use Rampage...at all...
    Corruption debuff: Need to use rampage? Oh its 105 rage you can only get to 100 rage.

You can't really go wrong with either. Fury has better sustain and isn't cooldown reliant so you can easily move from pull to pull, Arms has better burst so it's fairly easy to gather a whole bunch of baddies, pop Die By The Sword, and obliterate them with Warbreaker + Bladestorm and follow-ups. For soloing some of the invasion elites/visions Fury does better with all your self-healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You can't really go wrong with either. Fury has better sustain and isn't cooldown reliant so you can easily move from pull to pull, Arms has better burst so it's fairly easy to gather a whole bunch of baddies, pop Die By The Sword, and obliterate them with Warbreaker + Bladestorm and follow-ups. For soloing some of the invasion elites/visions Fury does better with all your self-healing.
    Most geared players have moved away from Warbreaker now and run Cleave, with Cleave you're not really needing any cooldowns to do good damage, and with high haste CS comes off CD quite quickly. To put that in perspective, you can often reset the CS cooldown before the Test of Might strength buff from the previous CS falls off, so you have CS inside Test of Might.

It really depends on how you enjoy to play and your traits, but Cleave + Fervor is very popular now and with that spec Arms is very capable between cooldowns.

If my grandmother was a class she could do all contents just fine at this deep in the expension.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Most geared players have moved away from Warbreaker now and run Cleave, with Cleave you're not really needing any cooldowns to do good damage, and with high haste CS comes off CD quite quickly. To put that in perspective, you can often reset the CS cooldown before the Test of Might strength buff from the previous CS falls off, so you have CS inside Test of Might.

It really depends on how you enjoy to play and your traits, but Cleave + Fervor is very popular now and with that spec Arms is very capable between cooldowns.
    Ah, you would know better than me as I ditched Arms after Uldir because Fury's just far more fun.

also because seriously changing specs when there's secondaries, Azetite, essences and corruption to be mindful of is just too much if you ask me.

I mean yeah yeah, "both specs work" is true, but for outdoor content, legacy raid farming and misc stuff, fury is way better imo.

Why?

With fury you can just instantly dish out the damage. Like 3 out of the 5 skills used in the ability priority do not cost rage at all, and one of those is actually an AOE ability too (whirlwind), so you can just approach a mob and delete it. Arms needs rage for almost everything, so if you don't have charge or can't use it for whatever reason you will basically have to just melee the mob once or twice before you get any rage to use an ability. If you're doing something like a longer grind of mobs in old content (eg. farming WoD reputations, farming gulp frogs for mop bonus rolls, farming demons on Argus) you will surely notice the difference between the two specs VERY fast.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I mean yeah yeah, "both specs work" is true, but for outdoor content, legacy raid farming and misc stuff, fury is way better imo.

Why?

With fury you can just instantly dish out the damage. Like 3 out of the 5 skills used in the ability priority do not cost rage at all, and one of those is actually an AOE ability too (whirlwind), so you can just approach a mob and delete it. Arms needs rage for almost everything, so if you don't have charge or can't use it for whatever reason you will basically have to just melee the mob once or twice before you get any rage to use an ability. If you're doing something like a longer grind of mobs in old content (eg. farming WoD reputations, farming gulp frogs for mop bonus rolls, farming demons on Argus) you will surely notice the difference between the two specs VERY fast.
    I farm old content (say Nighthold Mythic) as Arms, due to corruption optimisation my Arms set is something like 20k dps ahead of my Fury, and the self healing with essences is more than enough for any sort of generic content. Also if you're doing easy content you should just run breath of dying major and it will 1shot everything that moves, more than makes up for any empty GCD's waiting for rage.

Fury is nice for the movement speed increase though, and you can play more mindlessly and churn through stuff. I mean it really doesn't matter what spec you play, it all completely melts through everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

i've seen on warcraft logs that arms is currently the top dog when it comes to raids, But i'm also heard that arms is slow af that depend on "Burst windows"

So what i am wondering is, Which one (arms or fury) do you all prefer for "World" content aka Visions & World quests.
    As everyone has said I really enjoy fury for the survivability as a solo player. I can usually pull more DPS as arms in LFR or other content, but I just enjoy how fury plays and keeps me alive out in the world.

Fury just plays smoother imo and feels really fast paced and responsive. I do play both alot and part of me would want to enjoy arms more but it is what it is. Afaik fury is the highest APM spec in the game too so it really feels fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Afaik fury is the highest APM spec in the game too so it really feels fun to play.
    Don't think that is the case, the APM on logs is inflated by the way Rampage is counted. A raid gearing Arms Warrior stacks haste to the point of insanity and is swimming in rage, so it's basically GCD hardcapped with a faster GCD than Fury and without longer cast/channel abilities like rampage.

Fury is definitely not a slow spec but definitely not the fastest either.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-08-13 at 01:32 AM.

Used to prefer Arms. As I got more gear, more haste, I think Fury became way more enjoyable. Has been anwhile since I've done Arms, tho. I wouldn't be surprised if I liked it at the beginning of SL and moved into Fury again later in the expac. Arms kinda seems too simple now. When I go back to it in SL for testing I'll be trying a less passive build for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Don't think that is the case, the APM on logs is inflated by the way Rampage is counted. A raid gearing Arms Warrior stacks haste to the point of insanity and is swimming in rage, so it's basically GCD hardcapped with a faster GCD than Fury and without longer cast/channel abilities like rampage.

Fury is definitely not a slow spec but definitely not the fastest either.