... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Great, think we can get a statement from blizzard on standing with
    lgbtq people in russia?
    ok.. how about
    the uighurs in china?

They cant because theyd get banned
    Taking a stand when the forces of state opression are against you is a real stand but as we learned from the hong kong situation blizzard is cowardly.
    1. they do talk about the LGBTQ problem in russia, idk if you know but they have been VERY open and VERY progressive on that, its not like they are hiding away from it.

2. the china thing, again they have been open about that, they just didnt want people hijacking the tournoment for it. they allowed it very openly at blizzcon, they even worked with the protesters to set up an area for them, and supply them with stuff to help out (Although there was a hilariously pitiful turnout... sad, i had a press ticket i coulda used to go, but the "overwhelming" amount of people who said they were gunna go protest scared me off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    You are aware Blizzard are a U.S company though right?
    I don't think they've seen that the BLM protests have gone international....

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Great, think we can get a statement from blizzard on standing with
    lgbtq people in russia?
    ok.. how about
    the uighurs in china?

They cant because theyd get banned
    Taking a stand when the forces of state opression are against you is a real stand but as we learned from the hong kong situation blizzard is cowardly.
    I have no expectations of a video game company doing what it can to fight every social injustice known to man. I think we can let them off with not trying to tackle all of the world's problems at once.

i just wish that blizz would keep their noses out of politics altogether.
    i see no reason whatsoever why they had to postpone this. it changes nothing!
    worry aboit making good games, nothing else, simple really!

So suddenly the voices and plight of the oppressed matter again when its suddenly not in China? This selective virtue signaling is getting tiring. I wonder if Blizzard would suspend a Hearthstone player this week if after a tourney he said that Black Lives Matter or "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" or another relevant phrase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Is this about the George Incident or about the 50 African Americans that shot each other over the weekend in Chicago alone?
    There's always someone with the, 'whataboutism'. If it were up to people like you, nothing would get done because, "WHAT ABOUT X?! AND Y?!". For fuck's sake, the topic at hand is about a particular issue. Whether you agree or disagree with the issue is another discussion, but the line of thinking you bring up just makes you look like you're moving the goalposts for the sake of argument. You may not like Blizzard's decision, but what exactly is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    So suddenly the voices and plight of the oppressed matter again when its suddenly not in China? This selective virtue signaling is getting tiring. I wonder if Blizzard would suspend a Hearthstone player this week if after a tourney he said that Black Lives Matter or "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" or another relevant phrase.
    So we all agree that Blizzard didn't look so good during the Hong Kong fiasco. They could have handled it so much better. Now a new issue arises and they're taking a stance, doing what's right, and now they're still getting shit on. I agree that these words may be empty or useless because it's not like they're doing anything tangible to help the cause, but it's the thought that counts. They fucked up before and they're doing what's "right" this time around. You can say they "learned" from their mistakes. So why shit on them? I don't get what drives you folks. If we were to treat Blizzard like a human being who fucked up in the past and is trying to remedy that with better actions, why is that such a horrible thing? What would satisfy you? It's either they fuck up, try to be better or say nothing. It's like you guys want diary entries of them confessing all the wrong they've done in the past before they do any good. Such absolutes and only Siths deal in absolutes.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2020-06-05 at 10:01 PM.

Ah, yes, [The Brand]™ is at it again with a boilerplate message about standing up and giving voices without actually doing much of anything. If only so the online hordes don't tear them to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i just wish that blizz would keep their noses out of politics altogether.
    i see no reason whatsoever why they had to postpone this. it changes nothing!
    worry aboit making good games, nothing else, simple really!
    It's not like work on the expansion has been halted, just the stream is delayed. Sucks to wait for more info sure, but certainly not the worst outcome to gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... I was looking forward to it...

I do think it's the right call though.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Rather curious of them to do this after their little fiasco awhile ago with a certain incident with regards to Hong Kong...

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    It’s up to us individuals to uphold and believe in things and to have stances/change. It’s not really an entity such as a business’s place to get involved with things that have nothing to do with it as it’s business.

Actors shut up and act
    Businesses shut up and be a business
    That was a whole load of idiocy in one post, so I cut it down to the part where you contradict yourself. "It's up to individuals" "Actors shut up and act". Actors are individuals, as are the people running companies. The only difference between you and them is they have much bigger platforms to voice their opinions. If you don't like it, you don't have to listen, but it's entirely up to them how they want to use their platform. While you might want them telling you what they think, they have every right to. You on the other hand, have no right to deny them their opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I was looking forward to the June 9th Shadowlands stuff. Why are companies and my e-mails ensuring their stances; against, for, regardless, continue to provide, listening, there for customers, defending, etc? Shut up and sell your iced cream B&J without making statements, we want iced cream not your stances in everything.

we as humans have our own abilities to have views as citizens, individuals and heartfelt people, we don’t need to get the opinion of an iced cream building

have your regular monthly meetings, banks and insurance companies, without announcing your canceling your regular monthly meetings / sending out e-mails letting customers know your canceling meetings - why are you letting customers know you are canceling your ceo and executive meetings that none of us customers would have known you were having anyway - just to state your position. Shameful.

So many businesses who were already doing the right thing by not being discriminatory and who already uphold Good things and who shine just be existing as a company are now drawing attention to themselves about how and why they are good companies during this time. Shut up and be a good company BY BEING A GOOD COMPANY! Don’t tell us your being a good company and have a stance and don’t cancel your already good company’s plans! Canceling your plans and individuals speaking their minds have NO relation, stop getting involved! By getting involved you remove yourself as fair and shining example of equality and good things and become a protester - only instead of protesting a cause you are alienating and protesting against your own customers!

Getting involved by; canceling plans, making statements, ensuring stances, etc, makes you weaker than you could have been had you continued to provide your services fairly. Now you are not a strong company that everyone can rely on, you are basically an individual with a voice - which guess what we have a lot of those and guess what else - all people need our shining pillar businesses and companies to be there for us equally but you ruin that by stripping away your business and company status to become another individual voice, so now all us people with voices have no pillars to turn to, no shining business to rely on and nowhere to turn to because where we would have turned to was YOU, and now you’re not there, your here with us and we can’t find you. You’re a weird version of a human because you aren’t human you’re a building but pretend to have a heart and mind.

This play doesn’t make you respectful or even look like you’re trying to look respectful, it looks like you’re trying to win hearts but you could have won hearts just be being a good loyal, company without this extra ‘stance’. Man I wish to be a company you weren’t allowed to have stances because good or bad, a building getting involved sure is hurtful and divides and loses faith and fails at portraying loyalty.

continue being the same business you’ve been without this irksome, in our face, extra thing your doing tacked on to appeal to whomever.

what does a business being a business have to to with anything other than being a business - With all the horrible things in the world, why only now are businesses acting like their business feel the need to show they’re somehow related -

It’s up to us individuals to uphold and believe in things and to have stances/change. It’s not really an entity such as a business’s place to get involved with things that have nothing to do with it as it’s business.

Actors shut up and act
    Businesses shut up and be a business
    Products shut up and be a product
    Let us individuals voice our concerns and change via stances and action. Entities, professions, businesses, etc, shut up and perform your role - you are not individuals like us humans, you are restaurants, game making companies, amazon sells stuff online it’s not a platform with its own mind and soul so it should act like it cares or has a stance, banks and insurance companies please stop announcing you’re here for us during the trying time - you are not self aware, therefore the human who conceptualized that e-mail or website banner advertisement did it for you.

Honestly businesses should be pillars by being resolute in their products and service and nothing more. Once a business reveals it’s getting involved or had a stance in something outside of itself, it’s not truly just a business but becomes something else

most customers never would have thought a company leans one way or another at all, because a business shouldn’t be in the business of taking sides or getting involved with our human-based issues. Let’s get through these times and evolve as humans together, not with huge buildings and cooperations and companies and nebulous entities galumphing along bedside us. They’re like huge monsters wearing people masks saying you can’t see me, I’m one of you! Love me I want to be popular too.

Btw, making an ANNOUNCEMENT that you’re canceling an event is just as bad as the distraction you claim you’re event will cause. Proof this ‘bowing out’ isn’t from a place of genuine warmth, concern or kindness. Meaning, stop acting like you have a stance, you’re a company, provide service, be a business. Shut up.
    A) you dont get to decide what other people and companies do.

B) Their support are important because it puts pressure on authorities, if 100 companies support the protests, they get stronger.

C) We should ALL strive for a more equal society. That includes companies.

D) Asking the company to not take a political stance is political in itself.

Btw, making an ANNOUNCEMENT that you’re canceling an event is just as bad as the distraction you claim you’re event will cause.
    Except they didn't say that the stream being a distraction would be "bad". It's literally just helping to shine a spotlight on the situation.

It's still BAU with them in terms of working on the expansion, just an announcement delay. If anything the action they took is relatively low impact considering.

Just like Sony and their PS5 june reveal event, almost a copy paste of their statement too:
    "...We do not feel that right now is a time for celebration and for now, we want to stand back and allow more important voices to be heard."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Rather curious of them to do this after their little fiasco awhile ago with a certain incident with regards to Hong Kong...
    To be fair, if they had remained silent through all that is happening, it would probably be another hong kong situtation.

Or maybe not. But I do think it's better this way.

(Also, this does not offend the chinese government, obviously)

10+ Year Old Account
    This selective virtue signaling is getting tiring

I'm deleting a bunch of off topic posts. Continued back and forth arguing or off topic posts will receive an infraction.

Was expected, other companies are doing the same.

What's even more expected, is all the bigots crawling out to make this about them. Blizzard and any other company choosing to side with the more important voices, are doing the right thing here.

Just sucks for those of us longing for some news that isn't about the end of Democracy as we know it. Oh well, patience is a virtue.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-05 at 10:17 PM.

Sadly this was expected from the hollow corpse that is activision blizzard, all they had to do was blame corona and they picked this.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, maybe we'll have a higher chance of getting a polished product, instead of something riddled with bugs? And when beta comes out, the game should be a bit better right?