Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Destiny reveal event was June 9th on twitch.... ALSO scheduled for 9:00 AM. Just saying... maybe they had a change of heart and decided to not overshadow a former friend.

Don't care for BLM as do most other gamers, the big companies obviously support it as they don't want to be annihilated by the cringe, cancel culture that live on social media. But I don't see why some people here are annoyed at the event being cancelled? What are we even going to see during this? Some zones?(seen them) just go look on google. Some abilities?(seen the list) Some customisations?(seen it).
    And can some people on here also stop pretending that anyone beyond a small, acute population of gamers actually care about BLM at all and cancelling some small event on a stream to allow for bigger, more important voices to be heard is achieving nothing. It's like turning off football for a day to allow for football fans to go watch some cricket. We all know that a massive majority of football fans are just going to do something else, not go and listen to other, 'important' voices.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I was really looking forward to the distraction from...everything...but we'll just have to wait a bit longer I suppose.
    Look up Hololive on youtube, it's a really good distraction from all this political stuff in the US.

Does this postpone relate to the Summer Game Fest that was supposed to happen sometime in June? I checked the schedule like a few days ago and Shadowlands was on the schedule but now it is not. Does it mean Blizzard is not gonna do anything in the Summer Game Fest? I know this is unrelated but I want to know whether the rumor of D2 remaster is going to be confirmed or not in the Summer Game Fest.

They are taking this N'zoth thing a bit too far, stop listening to the voices of the void and give us Shadowlands already

its a virtual event. I could understand not having a public one due to COVID but whats the point of delaying one done online.

Not surprising, but utterly pointless. I doubt them doing a <1h stream that is part of their PR and therefore regular work schedule would have diminished the cause of black people, or the in reality more accurate reason, change the dire state of US police and the senile retard who sits on the US throne.

While us "missing out" on a little presentation is hardly relevant, I simply can't stand these faux solidarity messages. The international audience does not give a damn and this is at the end of the day just a move to duck out of sight and take cover so they can't gain some more negative PR by the profressional social media outrage mob. They are a corporation and if one thing is certain then it's the one and only thing a corporation cares about is money and things that directly relate to money. They are obliged to do so by law even. Much like disney they only "support" these values in places where it is convenient and beneficial to them. I'd bet you if china's censors demanded they remove the new skin color options they wouldn't even flinch. If Blizzard were to donate to the cause, you can bet your ass the donation will be calculated down to a fraction of a cent to be within the limit of the applicable tax break, like with their usual contributions.

While it is obviously not inherently evil (like many other things in the industry), it's also not exactly something laude them for. At the end of the day we have a hollow statement and a postponed live stream, neither will change the course of history even in the slightest.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, it is really about money and PR (which really equals money in the long haul) in the end.

There was a good peace I read on this whole thing about how companies are selectively riding off hip hot topics of the day, in hopes to earn their extra X bucks out of that, while closing their eyes on no less alarming shit because it will just hurt their business.

Yes, like China, for example, where all these corporate defenders of justice and equality are suspiciously silent on shit going on there, because it's big business and the momentary tiny hype spike usually will not offset the losses.

Here's another bit I loved:

And to be fair, it's not only Actiblizz. I bet at least half of similar messages posted by corporations and politicians alike are down to simply scoring points with people. It's like that politician that thumped his chest on the matter and in the end got accidentally taped telling his buddy that he would not even give a damn about whole thing if not local elections coming up soon.

And that me being optimistic there with half.
    Don't forget how Disney was one of the first to hop onto the "We totally support you Black people!" stance. But when it came to that sweet sweet Chinese RMB....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Don't forget how Disney was one of the first to hop onto the "We totally support you Black people!" stance. But when it came to that sweet sweet Chinese RMB....

Hahaha this is actually hilarious

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean if I watch a TV show, play a video game, or read a book while the protests are happening I’m a bad person? I mean is life supposed to stop and I glue my eyes to 24/7 cable news so I can somehow hear the important voices?

I fully support the protests. Police brutality is a major issue, but let’s be honest this is Blizzard being afraid of backlash plain and simple.

Well, obviously I looked forward to this and I'm kinda sad that it is postponed, but then again I'm not an impatient child demanding something. So it's all good. We will have the show eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    I'm fine with SL delayed, as long as we're getting polished product.
    Ditto.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Busybody View Post
    People of all colors peacefully protesting together to it's very text-book definition...Don't see it!
    Strawman & bad faith arguments...Initiated!
    Slander...Thrown!
    Anger towards Blizzard for an illogical reason...Applied!
    Oh, boy! It's Gamertm time!
    I love you for this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's ok, just release the news on the EU forums. No one outside the usa cares about their petty race wars/ school shootings/ Eating competition / *insert other american cultural hobbies*

10+ Year Old Account
    so weakkkkk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    In before people cry about Blizzard either A. Virtue signalling B. How they handled the Hong Kong incident or C. Think this is an excuse because what they wanted to show isn't ready.

Whatever their "true" reasoning, this is a good move and a net positive for everyone
    It is a good move but its also very hypercritical... :P

If this is them trying to do better after the china mess then its a good start. But I tend to not believe multi million dollar companies :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-06 at 04:09 PM.

I missed the cesspool that was the offtopic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    In before people cry about Blizzard either A. Virtue signalling B. How they handled the Hong Kong incident or C. Think this is an excuse because what they wanted to show isn't ready.

Whatever their "true" reasoning, this is a good move and a net positive for everyone
    Speak for yourself.

God, people are so damned privileged these days.

"Why must companies avoid shitty press by not behaving like all is roses and rainbows in times of turmoil when I wanna be entertained?? Waaah!"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It is a good move but its also very hypercritical... :P

If this is them trying to do better after the china mess then its a good start. But I tend to not believe multi million dollar companies :P
    No, it's not hypocritical.

The Hong Kong mess was a knee-jerk decision to enforce long-established rules without a second thought given to outrage culture. They didn't exactly go out and beat Hong Kong Protesters. They revoked the punishments upon seeing the backlash.

This new stand is them joining other companies doing the same thing. And no, it's not hypocrisy, it's a completely different situation separated by months and months of time and circumstances.

Saying that it's more important to shine a light on what's going on is corporate speak for "We don't wanna be known as that company not giving a shit".

Individuals at Blizzard likely care a lot, but the company needs to avoid bad press. That's the only reason, regardless of what headcanon forum warriors conjure up.

Spot the white supremacists in here - it isn't hard.