Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    why didnt blizzard postpone their heartsthone tournament in support of hongkong protesters? hmmmm??
    thats something that was going on for a long time, and has MANY people relying on it.
    this is literally just an announcment. its not a tournoment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    They weren’t ready.. so they said more important voices need to be heard lol..
    They were ready, they were very ready... you're just dumb.

Unfortunate decision but companies got to pander for the pity bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    So weird that almost every large video game company in the US is doing the same.
    Just cause all the other shill money grubbing companies are doing it doesn't mean you should. You make games. You don't give a shit. You only care about money.

Okay... so anywhere next week or even the week after is most likely out of the question, because if that was the plan they probably would have announced it along with the delay. Thus my guess for the new stream date is going to be June 23rd, though I'll admit that looking at the situation in the US even that seems optimistic and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait until July.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    damn this is spicy
    People are hungry for forum vacations I guess. Hopefully mods sort it out soon.

OT: Totally fine with this. Bigger things at play and not like delayed streams will have any catastrophic effects.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    It's not a good move because it has absolutely nothing to do with current protests. If they are able to do their normal work, they are also able to stream. Even though the situation in US is very serious, the world didn't stop. Black people certainly have no expectations nor do they care about some video game company to postpone some reveal.

I don't know what's with the PR in these times, but it's pretty cringe. Companies doing some weird shit as a proof of "unity" and "we care, we're in this together". I'm fine with them doing something meaningful, but this is not it.

Still, it's not even close to the cringe incarnate that was shutting down GTA5 servers for two hours to honor Floyd, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Honest question, how?
    It draws attention to BLM and gets people who may not have known or been talking about it to talk about it. Anything that brings more attention to what's happening is a good thing, even if it's something as small as a game company going "We're not going to do this stream" because now suddenly, all the wow fans who were going to watch are talking or at least have their attention drawn to BLM

Virtue signaling at its finest. They were fine with Hong Kong protesters getting wacked by the police.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yeah seems very weird to me.

Especially considering Blizzard caters to an international audience. Most of their playerbase is outside of the US and we don't care about your silly protests.
    My country just had a huge protest with thousands of people showing their solidarity. Don't speak for everyone.

Guys, nobody's political cause is ever going to capture 100% of the world's attention 100% of the time. Anybody who is advocating for a cause and sets that as their goal and their standard, A) will be disappointed and B) deserves to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's obviously virtue signaling with the BLM stuff going on, which is what makes it disappointing. that's clear due to the "more important voices than ours" speak. Shame on Blizzard for doing this.
    Is it "virtue signaling" if they straight up said Black Lives Matter and we're delaying this so people can focus on protesting for change?

I'm essentially asking is it their vagueness you don't like? When I hear people use the term 'virtue signaling' in this context it's usually because they feel both uncomfortable with the content (OK) and also don't want to listen (not OK).

https://8cantwait.org/

Black Lives Matter

`white American male here
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

So many false binary choices here.

Don't know anyone that thinks what happened with Floyd, regardless of his past, was a good thing. Regardless of political affiliation or persuasion, it's pretty unanimous that everyone across the board thinks police brutality is bad and want justice for what occurred, especially in light of that the brutality happens regardless of race.

However, what's going on now in the 'protests' and riots has almost nothing to do with "Justice for Floyd", and it hasn't for days (don't have to take my word for it, the original protestors are saying the same thing). So much of what is being espoused at this point is so lacking in self-awareness and hate-filled that it's sickening. Blizz saying they're suspending their announcement at this point because 'more important voices to be heard' has Blizz positioning themselves with pretty terrible organizations with racist/bigoted voices right now, not to mention how these organizations are exploiting a terrible situation for their own gain. At best, Blizz has zero self-awareness that many of the current 'voices' have... at worst, they're embracing hate-filled and racist rhetoric. The best option for Blizz would've been just to have their announcement, as what they've done now has no upside to it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    I'm fine with SL delayed, as long as we're getting polished product.
    The idea of Blizzard delaying content and offering a more polished product is NOT synonymous with Activision/ Blizzard culture. Therefore, the idea of Blizzard delaying a product to offer something better at later date in the future is a false narrative, 100% incorrect and false. Unless of course, they're changing a 15 year trend for the first time which is something I highly doubt given Blizzard's recent track record of spitting out digital garbage over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    The idea of Blizzard delaying content and offering a more polished product is NOT synonymous with Activision/ Blizzard culture. Therefore, the idea of Blizzard delaying a product to offer something better at later date in the future is a false narrative, 100% incorrect and false. Unless of course, they're changing a 15 year trend for the first time which is something I highly doubt given Blizzard's recent track record of spitting out digital garbage over the past few years.
    They delayed diablo 4 to try and make it better
    they delayed Warcraft 3 to try and make it better (Even then it was still bad, but imagine how bad it woulda been if it WASENT delayed)
    They delayed starcraft 2 many times
    and have delayed a few expansions, tbc, wotlk, even mop.
    let alone how many times behind the scenes they delay stuff without telling us.
    Shadowlands coulda been planned for sepetember, but because of covid is now november, but we wont know, cause they never told us the date, so we cant know if it was moved.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Taking candy from spoiled gamers, this gon be good.
    But you promised me a PONY!!!!!!!! /stomps off

Quote Originally Posted by Zave View Post
    you asshole live in la-la-land if you think this shit is right. the National Guard should come and sweep away shit like you
    That'd be tricky when I don't live in the US

10+ Year Old Account
    Please just report bad posts and do not respond to them. Do not feed the troll.

Great, think we can get a statement from blizzard on standing with
    lgbtq people in russia?
    ok.. how about
    the uighurs in china?

They cant because theyd get banned
    Taking a stand when the forces of state opression are against you is a real stand but as we learned from the hong kong situation blizzard is cowardly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Shadowlands Reveal Event on June 9th Postponed
    Blizzard has updated their news page to announce that they are postponing the June 9th Shadowlands Reveal Stream that was planned for next week. It is unknown when the event will now occur.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    More important voices than ours need to be heard, and now is the time to listen. We are postponing our upcoming World of Warcraft: Shadowlands live stream planned for June 9, and will share more details about the expansion in the future.

Here was the original post about the event.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Set a reminder on your calendar for Tuesday, June 9 at 9:00 a.m. PDT for a simulcast stream live with World of Warcraft Executive Producer John Hight and Game Director Ion Hazzikostas. They’ll share more about the upcoming Shadowlands expansion with a look at some of the newest content in development.

Where: World of Warcraft Twitch and YouTube
    When: Tuesday, June 9 at 9:00 a.m. PDT

I agree with BLM & the protests, looting, etc...

I don't think many of those activists involved were going to turn into this live-stream...so I don't agree with Blizzard postponing.

WoW & the PC gaming community as a whole has a very specific mostly white, privileged Point of View, and that NEEDS to change... but that conversation is for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yeah seems very weird to me.

Especially considering Blizzard caters to an international audience. Most of their playerbase is outside of the US and we don't care about your silly protests.
    You are aware Blizzard are a U.S company though right?