Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Black people suffers way more from police brutality. This is nothing new. At the beggining of may there were protests against social distancing in the US, composed mainly of white people. There was little to none police brutality, and they invaded government buildings.

Fast forward to today, a bunch of black protesters gather up and the response from the police is swift and brutal.

I do not know which fantasy world you believe in that racial profiling is not a thing. It is, and frequently kills people.

I do understand the sentiment behind all lives matter, but it operates in a world where everyone is in equal footing. This world does not exist, not yet. And if you want to say that all lives matter someday, you gotta stand up for black people now.
    I mean, I've seen the videos, everyone is getting beat right now. News crews, old white people, black people, everyone. Hell they're not even just beating americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    You're informed and I respect that. But sill, I did clearly state "Activision/Blizzard culture" which encapsulates the past 10 years give or take a few months. So cross Starcraft 2, Wotlk, Tbc and Warcraft 3 off your list. Not sure why Diablo 4 was delayed but I'll take your word for it. As far as MOP is concerned, it's kind of a murky shade of gray as far as the launch is concerned. They initially aspired to a shorter xpac cycle and in the end merely lapsed back into the familiar territory of one xpac every 2 years. The delay went unnoticed by most and merely fell short of their own pushed forward launch expectations. It had very little or nothing to do with "polishing."
    You said "15 years" so no, not 10.
    plus idk if you know but. starcraft 2 released in the last 10 years... maybe you should do some research? (July 27 2010)
    Also warcraft 3 reforged literally came out 5 months ago.
    activsion blizz conjoined in 2008 btw... during wotlk launch... so i mean... your not even right on that...

why are you even talking about stuff you dont know anything about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, I've seen the videos, everyone is getting beat right now. News crews, old white people, black people, everyone. Hell they're not even just beating americans.
    Yeah, sure. But it started with a black movement. But I see where you are coming from.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Well ya know if there is a threat. In that case a threat to African American lives and you genuinely care about removing said threat you go for the head of the beast (black on black violence) not the little toe (police murdering 1 African American).

Imagine if previous generations would have been as dumb and gullible as the current generation. Ignoring the head of the beast and pussyfooting around the little toe. We would all be speaking German by now.
    Not gonna bother arguing. You really shouldn't be talking about dumb and gullible when you're clearly proficient in the language.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Yeah, sure. But it started with a black movement. But I see where you are coming from.
    Not saying cops haven't been racial profiling for years or anything. But they're really showing everyone a bad side right now.

Somewhere (don't remember where) the president of the police board or something just got hit like 8 times by a cop JUST after saying he was happy his cops showed restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    Interesting how Blizzard will postpone an event that has nothing to do with police brutality in the USA, but continue to work directly with the Chinese government despite them currently hold over a million Uyghers in concentration camps for an ethnic genocide...

Corporate virtue signalling at its finest.
    They arnt working directly with the chinese goverment though... idk if you know but blizz does not work with the chinese goverment more then any other country they dont mainly operate in. they work with a buisness in china, and the civilians inside the country.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They arnt working directly with the chinese goverment though... idk if you know but blizz does not work with the chinese goverment more then any other country they dont mainly operate in. they work with a buisness in china, and the civilians inside the country.
    Hell, they don't even work with the citizens. Everything goes through Netease, Blizzard isn't allowed to directly interact with chinese citizens (no foreign company is)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol Blizz is pretty brave to take political stances when all the media and hordes of shrieking lemmings are supporting it lol
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

So an international company with customers in countries all over the world postpones a video game event due to a completely unrelated political matter that is personally irrelevant to the majority of customers? Entertainment does not mean one does not care.

Yay virtue signaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    It's not like work on the expansion has been halted, just the stream is delayed. Sucks to wait for more info sure, but certainly not the worst outcome to gamers.
    i dont care that much about the delay.
    i care that blizz feel the need to dabble in stuff like this.
    gaming used to be a breakaway from all the real life shit show.
    times change i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    No thanks. I don't want my money I spent on Blizzard to promote hate groups like BLM or other radical leftist activities. I want Blizzard to be as politically neutral as possible.
    You are the one here trying to make racism and police brutality into a left-right political issue. I'm embarrassed on your behalf.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    and we're delaying this so people can focus on protesting for change?
    So I guess SL will be postponed to Feb 2021 then, with presidential elections in Nov and the shitfest that will ensue right after. After all, these will be trying times and people should focus on that.

Am I doing it right?

You must be blind to not realize they are not ready with the stream yet and they just used BLM as an excuse. Something's happening all the time somewhere, but you don't see companies endlessly postponing shit.

More like, companies are afraid their PR advances will be lost in the chaos or even backfire.

- - - Updated - - -

There's ALWAYS something happening in the world. Without fail.

Hundreds of thousands dead from corona virus and they had no problem turning that into a financial opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yeah seems very weird to me.

Especially considering Blizzard caters to an international audience. Most of their playerbase is outside of the US and we don't care about your silly protests.
    but their company and employee are in USA, its not much of a leap to think they can actualy be personaly affected...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    So I guess SL will be postponed to Feb 2021 then, with presidential elections in Nov and the shitfest that will ensue right after. After all, these will be trying times and people should focus on that.

Am I doing it right?

You must be blind to not realize they are not ready with the stream yet and they just used BLM as an excuse. Something's happening all the time somewhere, but you don't see companies endlessly postponing shit.
    im pretty sure they were ready with the stream the moment they announced it, two weeks back or so, its not a huge event there would be no point announcing it if it wasnt ready, as its something people didnt expect to happen...
    announcing it without knowing they are already ready would make no sense, especialy for blizzard, who never had issue with vague time schedule like "soon" and then dropping info out of nowhere...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-06-06 at 09:45 AM.

It's just an excuse really, its a real shame blizzard is getting involved in politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Yeap talk about flip flopping. Its all about the money really, if you want honesty you will find it with companies who aren't publicly listed and beholden to shareholders.
    Yes, it is really about money and PR (which really equals money in the long haul) in the end.

There was a good peace I read on this whole thing about how companies are selectively riding off hip hot topics of the day, in hopes to earn their extra X bucks out of that, while closing their eyes on no less alarming shit because it will just hurt their business.

Yes, like China, for example, where all these corporate defenders of justice and equality are suspiciously silent on shit going on there, because it's big business and the momentary tiny hype spike usually will not offset the losses.

Here's another bit I loved:

And to be fair, it's not only Actiblizz. I bet at least half of similar messages posted by corporations and politicians alike are down to simply scoring points with people. It's like that politician that thumped his chest on the matter and in the end got accidentally taped telling his buddy that he would not even give a damn about whole thing if not local elections coming up soon.

And that me being optimistic there with half.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-06-06 at 10:25 AM.

People saying Blizz is all about the money and that’s bad and meanwhile in another thread, people are defending Bezos and other billionares for making ridiculous amounts of money over the back of the common people. Can the people here go educate the people there please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    People bring up Hong kong, and I agree that was bad, but isn't it a good thing they seem to handle this better? Like, if you thought that was bad, you should find this at least okay. Or if you think they can never change at all, why support Blizzard at all by being involved in their games? Shouldn't you feel like it's good they are playing this one safe, instead of going ahead heedlessly?
    Exactly. People think Blizzard has some kind of time machine or something.

Yea HK was handled badly but this is better and it's a start.

But nope ppl can't get over their whataboutism or worse some other "trait".
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

So... I guess a company can stand a position unless it's against China.

Not surprised at all. Not the first gaming company to do it either. Would probably get flack here on MMOchamp if they didnt do it too.

What even is there to look forward for in this presentation? What can they show us that we havent seen yet? SL is about Torghast, raids, dungeons and crafting your legendary. We already know this. At this point its about tuning and making sure the system delivers.

Beyond that theres nothing special. We know how the zones look and all.