Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sylvanas is the Mary Sue villain for Blizzard.

She's sexy, big boobs, big booty and has no moral compass. We do not really know her ulterior motives other than wanting to be leader of the forsaken.

she does not have an awesome "end game" vision planned. It is just destruction of everything that's alive.

Lets say horde won everything. Alliance is wiped out. Sylvanas will then want to wipe out all the living horde next.

That's just bad writing, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Emotions are subjective. First, we objectively establish that Sylvanas is not evil - then you can mourne the dead.
    She IS objectively evil. Both Alliance and Horde agree in this. The only people that keep denying this are you and the rest of her loyalist cult, that make up one reason after the next why she is justified in all her depraved acts and how they can be defended by ignoring that something like morality exists.

Also, do you know who is free from emotions on their decisions? A Sociopath. Is that a state to aspire to in your mind?

How come? Maw is for the evilest and despicable! Were they evil and despicable? Thanks, Sylvanas!
    How come? Because through yet unspecified means your Dark Lady and her new friend broke Death to grow fat and powerful on all the souls that would usualy not be send to the Maw. She actively arranged it so that the souls of the non-evil and non-despicable are send to the eternal suffering that usually awaits people like herself, then she murdered those people to make sure that the anima would flow in abundance.
    You either did not read any of the Shadowlands base story or you are purposefully being obtuse.

3+ Year Old Account
    How come? Maw is for the evilest and despicable! Were they evil and despicable? Thanks, Sylvanas!
    The Maw is NORMALLY for the evilest and despicable, but at some point before the Burning of Teldrassil, it was changed so EVERYONE who dies goes there. Which also explains why many of the raised Night Elves were so willing to join the Forsaken, they felt betrayed by Elune for (as far as they knew) abandoning them to a horrific afterlife.
    Last edited by Wylyth1992; 2020-06-08 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Which also explains why many of the raised Night Elves were so willing to join the Forsaken, they felt betrayed by Elune for (as far as they knew) abandoning them to a horrific afterlife.
    that explanation is dumb asf and makes no sense.

it's one thing to be pissed at your Goddess but another thing when they willingly joined the opposition who literally destroyed their homeland (they weren't mind controlled btw).
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-06-08 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I mean, she has damned countless people, including the civilians of Teldrassil (possibly children as well) as well as many Alliance and Horde soldiers (which include her own people aka the Forsaken), to a torturous afterlife. Death is one thing, it happens in war, but this.....this is beyond justifiable. There is no hidden plan, no greater good. She is evil, though I wish the writers hadn't written her this way. There was a time when her ruthlessness was used for the good of her people.
    *cough*Kerrigan*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The story of BFA is:

-Anduin is good.
    -Sylvanas is SUPER TURBO SATAN EVIL AND YOU SHOULD HATE HER!!!!!!111

So yeah, as of BFA's dumpster fire lore...she's evil.
    She's been evil for a long time. It's just that in BfA, she was put in the spotlight due to her role as Warchief.

She was also evil in Stormheim.

In Gilneas.

And so on, going back to Vanilla where Forsaken used the living to experiment on.

- - - Updated - - -

So

She destroyed an enemy stronghold during a war
    Every army is cannon fodder but she is very resourceful and nothing goes to waste
    She's basically Jesus - she can raise the dead
    She's very wise
    She's added a whole new expansion to explore

There's no evil
    Tried to enslave a Titan Watcher for free rezzes.
    Made deals with and conspired with Helya, Azshara and the Jailer, enemies of both the Horde and Alliance and told Azshara to wipe both factions out.
    I could also mention Gilneas, Southshore, living experiments, the Wrath Gate (since Blizzard retroactively pinned that on her) and more, but I bet nothing would go through the edgelord blinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wrathgate ? "back then" ?
    She was already torturing and experimenting on captives to attempt genocidal warfare in Vanilla. The last time she wasn't overtly evil was in Warcraft 3. You're two expansions late to the party, mate !
    That is very true. I did forget about it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    She IS objectively evil.
    citation needed

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    How come? Because through yet unspecified means your Dark Lady and her new friend broke Death to grow fat and powerful on all the souls that would usualy not be send to the Maw. She actively arranged it so that the souls of the non-evil and non-despicable are send to the eternal suffering that usually awaits people like herself, then she murdered those people to make sure that the anima would flow in abundance.
    You either did not read any of the Shadowlands base story or you are purposefully being obtuse.
    The Maw is NORMALLY for the evilest and despicable, but at some point before the Burning of Teldrassil, it was changed so EVERYONE who dies goes there. Which also explains why many of the raised Night Elves were so willing to join the Forsaken, they felt betrayed by Elune for (as far as they knew) abandoning them to a horrific afterlife.
    So...Sylvanas being sent to the Maw doesn't mean she's necessarily evil, right?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That is very true. I did forget about it.
    They were also working on the Blight as a weapon as early as Classic.

Sylvanas has never been a good person. She's always kept herself standing on her status as a victim of Arthas as a crutch for all her deeds. Now, we've gotten to the point where she's as bad as him, if not worse.

- - - Updated - - -

It does mean she's necessarily evil because she went there before she helped break the Shadowlands and made it so that everybody that died went to the Maw by default.

She went to the Maw when it was still perfectly functional. So she's evil. Objectively.

citation needed

Wrong. Blizzard already confirmed the machine of death broke in Legion. Sylvanas was sent to the Maw at the end of WoTLK. Meaning that Sylvanas going to the Maw was not a mistake, unlike the victims of the Burning of Teldrassil.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I mean, she has damned countless people, including the civilians of Teldrassil (possibly children as well) as well as many Alliance and Horde soldiers (which include her own people aka the Forsaken), to a torturous afterlife. Death is one thing, it happens in war, but this.....this is beyond justifiable. There is no hidden plan, no greater good. She is evil, though I wish the writers hadn't written her this way. There was a time when her ruthlessness was used for the good of her people.
    Yes, and this is why I loved her as Warchief. I started playing Horde in 2005 and never looked back I wanted to play the badass looking monster faction that was perceived as evil. I instantly fell in love with the Forsaken who doesn't want to play an Undead, I loved when we would go around spreading the plague and randomly murdering people, I loved that we were trying to kill off main lore characters and not off screen. I loved everything about her rein. Now we are stuck with the soy boy lame ass lets all sit in a circle and hold hands horde under Baine and Thrall again.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It does mean she's necessarily evil because she went there before she helped break the Shadowlands and made it so that everybody that died went to the Maw by default.

She went to the Maw when it was still perfectly functional. So she's evil. Objectively.
    Nope. If it's possible to send someone to the maw who is not evil, you cannot use that fact as proof of evil. It could've been arranged so to force Sylvanas do the Jailer's bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wrong. Blizzard already confirmed the machine of death broke in Legion. Sylvanas was sent to the Maw at the end of WoTLK. Meaning that Sylvanas going to the Maw was not a mistake, unlike the victims of the Burning of Teldrassil.
    Wrong. If machine of death can be broken - it can also be tinkered with.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2020-06-08 at 03:03 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows this. If someone still denies this, they are either:

1) Trolling.
    2) A Sylvanas fanboy that started playing in Legion.

Either way, ignore them because they are objectively wrong.
    Objectively, because Blizz decided to figuratively "kill off" Slyl's motivation for being an at least "decently" undead character?

That's a big No-Go, Bud.

That's pretty much saying the exact opposite, for the same reason you cited.

You're a fan-boy for her being evil. You love to hate her, because you were made to.

Which, is objectively wrong.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    Americans are evil because they bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

lul logic
    War is an ugly thing. Maybe they should have thought about that before launching an unprovoked attack against Pearl Harbor... If you can't take the hit, don't hit. And personally, I condone retaliatory violence, and find the scales to be arbitrary, so, there's that.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Nope. If it's possible to send someone to the maw who is not evil, you cannot use that fact as proof of evil. It could've been arranged so to force Sylvanas do the Jailer's bidding.

Wrong. If machine of death can be broken - it can also be tinkered with.
    There is literally no indication whatsoever that this happened. I am not interested in your baseless assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Objectively, because Blizz decided to figuratively "kill off" Slyl's motivation for being an at least "decently" undead character?

That's a big No-Go, Bud.

That's pretty much saying the exact opposite, for the same reason you cited.

You're a fan-boy for her being evil. You love to hate her, because you were made to.

Which, is objectively wrong.
    No, i am just someone who paid attention to the story and correctly interpreted her character. You can have your own fanfic version of Sylvanas in which she was never evil, just know that it contradicts the canon version presented by Blizzard.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally no indication whatsoever that this happened. I am not interested in your baseless assumptions.

No, i am just someone who paid attention to the story and correctly interpreted her character. You can have your own fanfic version of Sylvanas in which she was never evil, just know that it contradicts the canon version presented by Blizzard.
    "Evil" is not Black & white in WOW, Guy... How much attention have you been paying?

Seems to me you still owe attention.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Which also explains why many of the raised Night Elves were so willing to join the Forsaken, they felt betrayed by Elune for (as far as they knew) abandoning them to a horrific afterlife.
    Stop writing the story for Blizzard, that is not what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's pure dagnasty evil, its just a fact!

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Stop writing the story for Blizzard, that is not what happened.
    I agree, that premise is horrible.

the Lore about aldenweald pinpoint the change for souls to be all send to the maw happend after Ysera's death. now seeing that its implied that stormheim storyline takes place the last thanks through a pirate quest in Azsuna, that would place change to send all the souls to the maw. right around the time Sylvanas made her deal with Helya