Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
LastLast
  1. #541
    Stood in the Fire WFD1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Remember the end of WC3, with the LK/Arthas standing triumphant? Imagine something like that happening today... All these moralists, 24/7 Human Paladin LARPs would tear their vestments, horrified to no end
    You assume we are all Human Paladins, guess again.

  2. #542
    Legendary! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,244
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    You assume we are all Human Paladins, guess again.
    Maybe you aren't, but you are RP'ing one just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  3. #543
    Stood in the Fire WFD1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Maybe you aren't, but you are RP'ing one just fine
    How so? Seriously, enlighten me.

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Remember the end of WC3, with the LK/Arthas standing triumphant? Imagine something like that happening today... All these moralists, 24/7 Human Paladin LARPs would tear their vestments, horrified to no end
    There's no problem with a villain winning.

    The problem is Sylvanas is winning nonsensibly. She keeps losing, but her losses are her wins, but also her wins are her wins, and there's no way for her to lose because <mumbles something about powers she didn't have previously suddenly becoming greater> and also ignore her literally telling us her goals previously that didn't align with this.

    A villain winning is great when it's sensible and tells a good story. Arthas' fall was a great storytelling moment, with maybe the one inconsistency being that a Paladin would feel it necessary to cull a town of innocents. (which ends up highlighting the fall that much further) The expansion of course being the culmination of his fall from Paladin to Lich King.

    Sylvanas' story has been all over the place, she has regressed as a character all throughout. From prideful ranger, to vengeful banshee, to.. prideful leader? to nearly-the-Lich Queen, to suspiciously-villain-like warchief, to Garrosh 2.0 - she should have lost everything multiple times over throughout, especially given that people have known she's been acting suspicious since the "nearly-the-Lich Queen" phase, and you don't have to be a human paladin RPer to think that's the case. The only reason given for why she hasn't? <mumbles something about powers she didn't have previously>

    Thinking she deserves a win for all the dumb ass shit she's put us through is honestly the weirdest take here.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-06-20 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Remember the end of WC3, with the LK/Arthas standing triumphant? Imagine something like that happening today... All these moralists, 24/7 Human Paladin LARPs would tear their vestments, horrified to no end
    Well, WC3 is an MMORPG and we beat Arthas in WoTLK.

    Also Sylvanas is simply too dumb to win and doesn't deserve it despite all the pretending that she's some mastermind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Maybe you aren't, but you are RP'ing one just fine
    Rent-free my dude.

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Whats the problem if she is? Is there one? Evil characters make stories more interesting. Or you rather have her be like boring AF Anduin? All righteous bla bla bla morality bla bla bla.

    Im tired of these fantasies where the good guys win, its boring. Its fantasy! Make it as interesting as possible. In fact, give us more toons that are willing to destroy, kill, torture, anything. Especially unexpected characters, twist things a bit.

    If Sylvanas is actually evil, let her win, she is strong as hell, she can beat us to the ground. LET HER!
    I'm not sure you understood what kind of game WoW is. It's not a depressing story where the good guys lose. It's a cheerful story where in the end the villains are defeated and get what they deserve. This has been the formula since Classic. Sylvanas is a villain and antagonist, thus she will lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Remember the end of WC3, with the LK/Arthas standing triumphant? Imagine something like that happening today... All these moralists, 24/7 Human Paladin LARPs would tear their vestments, horrified to no end
    Huh, Arthas was the protagonist, so of course he won. Players were cheering for him because he was the main character, so we wanted him to win. We would still cheer for him if WC3 was released today.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-06-20 at 12:54 PM.
    WotLK > MoP > Legion > TBC > Cataclysm > BfA > WoD

  7. #547
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylock View Post
    Did you read what you just wrote before posting it? Seems like I got you hurt and now you're just randomly babbling in retaliation.
    Are you seriously gonna say the writing in this game is good in the last 3-4 years? Are you seriously gonna say Christie Golden, who's responsible for the lore, is not terribly in favor of the alliance? Then you lack any kind of taste or awareness in writing, unfortunately.

    Then you take two points, that are literally proving each other and fail to understand them. Not due to any kind of mental deficiencies, but simply cause they make you emotionally uncomfortable. Cause if those points are correct (hint: they are), your simplistic "HURR DURR SYLVANAS EVIL" worldview shatters terribly. Human beings haven't found definitions of objective good and evil. Which is why they agreed upon a certain set of rules for everyone to follow. If they did - they wouldn't need that set of rules.

    Is Sylvanas evil from the point of view of alliance and the soy Horde? Of course, she is, no doubt about that. Is she evil in the view of her supporters or people that see alliance for what it is? No, not really. Can you say that she is "objectively evil"? No, you can't, because there's no such thing as objectively evil.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is it an enemy in a VIDEOGAME? Yup, totally ok.
    Taste is subjective...edgelords who love death don't typically have great tastes.

    Yes she is...her supporters help her because like you and her they crave death, wanting to kill people for the sake of killing people is evil no matter how much you try to claim otherwise. She started the war for no other reason than the body count...she didn't care who died...Horde died...Undead died. All she wanted was death and nothing more...that is evil no matter how you try to tap dance around it and pretend otherwise.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  8. #548
    Legendary! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,244
    @Yarathir @Fleugen of course Sylvanas is a terribly written villain. Way to screw one of the most iconic characters in the entire franchise... If writers really wanted to make her the big bad, they could have pulled up a Thanos or something, instead of the eVuLL Mary Sue we've ended up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    @Yarathir @Fleugen of course Sylvanas is a terribly written villain. Way to screw one of the most iconic characters in the entire franchise... If writers really wanted to make her the big bad, they could have pulled up a Thanos or something, instead of the eVuLL Mary Sue we've ended up with.
    She's been a meh character since at least after WoTLK.

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Pass me some salt bro.

    And, well, my avatar doesn't highlight Alleria's underwears, so I don't see how that's a relevant comparison.
    You're the one who replied to my comment bro, if anyone is the salt keeper here it's you.

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    You're the one who replied to my comment bro, if anyone is the salt keeper here it's you.
    Well, you believe the entire Alliance is evil and oppressive, so I wanted to know where the meanie Alliance gankers touched you.
    WotLK > MoP > Legion > TBC > Cataclysm > BfA > WoD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •