Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Eredar look less menacing with new models

I know that the eredar have been updated long time ago, in Draenor, but I did not consider it important then. But just now I wanted to discuss it. What do you think about this? I mean, just look at the old eredar. They were huge and looked like Archimonde (who was really cool in Warcraft 3 because of this you understood that although these guys are not Archimonde, they are also dangerous). When you came across them, you understood that they were really powerful demons, they were the size of a pit lord, they were incredibly strong physically and at the same time they were incredibly powerful warlocks. You understood that these were indeed the most powerful demons of the Legion. After updating the models ... I do not know. These are just red Draeneis. You just fight against a representative of one of the playable races with red skin. This is not impressive.

I think you just gotta stretch the imagination a bit to reconcile the size issue.

Some of the more powerful ones were extra-demon empowered, growing in size.. Perhaps being able to re-manifest as larger due to the peculiar nature of the Twisting Nether?

Some Eredar stayed basic Warlocks, some became Demon Lords.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I know that the eredar have been updated long time ago, in Draenor, but I did not consider it important then. But just now I wanted to discuss it. What do you think about this? I mean, just look at the old eredar. They were huge and looked like Archimonde (who was really cool in Warcraft 3 because of this you understood that although these guys are not Archimonde, they are also dangerous). When you came across them, you understood that they were really powerful demons, they were the size of a pit lord, they were incredibly strong physically and at the same time they were incredibly powerful warlocks. You understood that these were indeed the most powerful demons of the Legion. After updating the models ... I do not know. These are just red Draeneis. You just fight against a representative of one of the playable races with red skin. This is not impressive.
    I think you mean
    "Smaller eredar look less menacing then the skyscrapper sized eredar"

A major point of your thing is simply their size, they were HUGE... but that... that was just archimonde and kiljaden...

so your dissapointed that not ALL EREDAR are as big as archimonde and kiljaden?

IDK mate, i prefer them as they are now, instead of some weird there was only 2 kinda deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

If you compare the BC Eredar, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and Eredar Twins for females, to the modern eredar, you can see the newer ones' faces aren't as intimidating. They're just normal draenei with fel-corrupted skin textures applied. A real shame because the BC looks really set them apart from the draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of mobs are big in size for gameplay purposes not because of lore, if you haven't noticed if the bosses we fight were actual lore size, it would be hard to fight them with 10/25 players right next to them. If were gonna go by looks, they are far more 'scary' then BC models because those aren't as detailed.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-06-06 at 09:45 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    If you compare the BC Eredar, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and Eredar Twins for females, to the modern eredar, you can see the newer ones' faces aren't as intimidating. They're just normal draenei with fel-corrupted skin textures applied. A real shame because the BC looks really set them apart from the draenei.
    You're doing the same thing as OP. You're comparing Archimonde, KJ, Eredar Twins to regular Eredar. That's like comparing Velen to a player Draenei.

Don't think so, we've just grown used to the Eredar since... well, forever?

Same goes for dreadlords. I liked the updated models in WotLK where Varimathras and Mal'Ganis actually looked like a boss, but the newer models makes them look like some light infantry. Also I always missed the pit lord beards from WC3 that never made it to WoW, they looked so badass with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You're doing the same thing as OP. You're comparing Archimonde, KJ, Eredar Twins to regular Eredar. That's like comparing Velen to a player Draenei.
    I said "BC Eredar," then went on to list the notable ones. The BC eredar NPCs looked just as intimidating as Archimonde, minus the giant size, which isn't the thing I'm saying they need. Normal size is fine, but they should look more menacing/cunning. I mentioned the Eredar Twins because they, along with Sironas who leads the blood elven forces on Bloodmyst Isle, were the only female eredar we'd ever seen.

I'm not saying it's impossible for those females to just so happen to be the only ones who looked like that and all the rest looked like plain old draenei except corrupted colors, but I am saying that the new ones look less intimidating by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    They're just normal draenei with fel-corrupted skin textures applied.
    I mean this is the problem ultimately.

Blizzard wanted a new demon mob to use and decided reskinning the draenei was the cheapest and fastest route.
    It's kinda funny to think Big S handpicked the eredar as first for his legion because they has such amazing potential but after 13000 years some are still basic bitch warlocks on argus.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-06-06 at 11:31 PM.

Why do people write here about Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden and their size? I mean compare
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lord_Jaraxxus and https://wow.gamepedia.com/Aargoss
    Which of them looks more menacing? However, there is also https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lord_Nath%27raxas
    And he uses the model of Archimonde from Draenor, not the red draenei. Doesn't he look much cooler? Perhaps this is due to the fact that I adored Archimonde in Warcraft 3, but do only I really think that Archimond-like Eredars look much cooler than red draeneis? And it's not about the size (although the size is also cool. It shows that they are strong not only magically, but also physically. I think the eredar may not be inferior to pit lords in physical strength). The fact is that you are faced with a representative of the most powerful species of demons in the Legion. When you come across red draenei, it's just, you know, a representative of one of the playable races with red skin. Representatives of the Horde, for example, could kill a bunch of the same, but using Light and Elements instead of Fel. The representatives of the Alliance do not have this, but I think they are not impressed either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But that's the point. The 'eredar' were few and far between in BC - Even quest Eredar were unique-looking compared to Draenei, not just Archimonde or KJ or Eredar Twins, who had unique models specific to them.

The first major one most people encounter being Arazzius the Cruel in Hellfire Penninsula. His model is still slightly-unique from Draenei, mainly more muscles which is shown off by the fact that he wears very little armor - Something which the Draenor Eredar didn't have going for them, since they were just Draenei with red skin tones and whatever armor they needed them to wear.

The size of the old Eredar often mattered as well, as most BC Eredar were massive - KJ included. Arazzius included. Archimonde included. It was very, very, VERY rare to see a red-toned Draenei at the size of the player character. (In fact, I can't recall an instance of player-character-sized Eredar prior to Draenor.) But in Draenor, 'Eredar' were just common warlocks, and this trend continued into Legion - Basically any Draenei who sided with Sargeras were 'Eredar,' they didn't even need fel power, they could be Draenei berserkers with red skin and they'd be 'Eredar.'
    Thanks for explaining them what exactly is wrong, dude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A lot of mobs are big in size for gameplay purposes not because of lore, if you haven't noticed if the bosses we fight were actual lore size, it would be hard to fight them with 10/25 players right next to them. If were gonna go by looks, they are far more 'scary' then BC models because those aren't as detailed.
    This is different. The old eredar were about the size of a pit lord and I think this is really their real size. The new eredar are just red draenei, they are the size of a player or a little taller. The uniqueness, rarity and power of these demons are not felt.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2020-06-06 at 10:03 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Agreed.

They used to have unique models, now they're recolored Draenei. Really bothered me back in Legion, but yeah.

This is different. The old eredar were about the size of a pit lord and I think this is really their real size. The new eredar are just red draenei, they are the size of a player or a little taller. The uniqueness, rarity and power of these demons are not felt.
    That will happen when you have an expansion called Legion, in which the Eredar's home world is featured.

That the Draenei who defected to the Legion in WoD would begin to call themselves Eredar is expected. That was is what they are, as of the retcons in TBC. The larger Eredar we see (e.g. Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Jaraxxus) would likely be described as Man'ari.

To be honest, the biggest difference I see between Aargoss and Nath'raxas is the amount of clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    That will happen when you have an expansion called Legion, in which the Eredar's home world is featured.

That the Draenei who defected to the Legion in WoD would begin to call themselves Eredar is expected. That was is what they are, as of the retcons in TBC. The larger Eredar we see (e.g. Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Jaraxxus) would likely be described as Man'ari.

To be honest, the biggest difference I see between Aargoss and Nath'raxas is the amount of clothing.
    All eredars in the Legion are man'ari.
    Truth? But I see the difference in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    What are you talking about? The TBC Eredar definitely looked more menacing than the ones from WoD, who are just red Draenei.

Compare this:

to this:

The first one does definitely look more menacing. And while the first one is a named mob compared to the second one, ALL Eredar used that model back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I think you mean
    "Smaller eredar look less menacing then the skyscrapper sized eredar"

A major point of your thing is simply their size, they were HUGE... but that... that was just archimonde and kiljaden...

so your dissapointed that not ALL EREDAR are as big as archimonde and kiljaden?

IDK mate, i prefer them as they are now, instead of some weird there was only 2 kinda deal.
    Do you really think that only Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were big? Of course they were huge, but the rest of the eredars (Jaraxxus, Malchezaar and so on) were the size of pit lords. The current eredar are just red draenei, the size of a player or a little taller.

Not seeing it. Kil'jaeden looks like a beast. I loved the goatee and face scars they gave him, while keeping him recognizable enough to his BC model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Not seeing it. Kil'jaeden looks like a beast. I loved the goatee and face scars they gave him, while keeping him recognizable enough to his BC model.
    I was talking about ordinary eredars, not Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, please read the entire post. And I agree, the Kil'jaeden model in the Legion is just amazing

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you really think that only Archimonde and Kil'jaeden were big? Of course they were huge, but the rest of the eredars (Jaraxxus, Malchezaar and so on) were the size of pit lords. The current eredar are just red draenei, the size of a player or a little taller.
    "The rest" thats not "The rest" that was 2 more examples.
    and again, they were bigger yes, but not huge, and if there is ones MASSIVE and ones medium, you gotta assume there is some small.
    Especially since both jaraxxus (Wotlk) and Malchezaar (TBC) were seen AFTER we got the new dranei, and knew they were related, so with such, it was pretty obvious there would be eredar that are normal sized.

only the most powerful of eredar become larger.
    if every single eredar was big well... those big ones wouldnt feel as special.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "The rest" thats not "The rest" that was 2 more examples.
    and again, they were bigger yes, but not huge, and if there is ones MASSIVE and ones medium, you gotta assume there is some small.
    Especially since both jaraxxus (Wotlk) and Malchezaar (TBC) were seen AFTER we got the new dranei, and knew they were related, so with such, it was pretty obvious there would be eredar that are normal sized.

only the most powerful of eredar become larger.
    if every single eredar was big well... those big ones wouldnt feel as special.
    Reed the topic, dude. Read what other people write and look at their screenshots