View Poll Results: Do you want Corruption in Shadowlands?

Voters
568. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YES

    40 7.04%
  • no

    528 92.96%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    After reading your post and checking the survey. One this is clear to me. OP is really really dumb.

    Corruption is so bad it makes TF/WF look half decent. That is just plain sad. I'm already so burnt out on corruptions that I'm considering passing on SL. If they confirmed anything like corruptions or the terrible grinds in Battle for Adequacy I can confirm my status of skipping SL.
    Last edited by Maquegyver; 2020-06-14 at 11:45 AM.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    Let me ask you this - if most people on MMO-Champ don't play the game (as you claim) but somehow magically know about the different corruptions and the intricacies on how they flow and function for each spec, then perhaps they do play (or have played) the game?

    Hell I'll even entertain your idea that most people here don't play the game currently: If most don't play the game, why do you think that is? Barring that life gets in the way (which is understandable), could it be because they are simply unhappy with the state of the game?

    They used wowhead to find the information on corruptions and whatnot.
    People here don't play the game because they are contrarians by nature. This has always been the case with fringe websites like MMO-Champ.

  3. #283
    Nexus-Prince Azalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Zul'jin_EU
    Posts
    1,154
    I like corruptions as long as they're not so absurdly impactful and there's a hell lot more agency on how you get them.

    Twitter: @Azapls - Check out my expansion concepts!

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I like corruptions as long as they're not so absurdly impactful and there's a hell lot more agency on how you get them.
    So in other words you don't like corruption

  5. #285
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,085
    No thank you.
    I want to farm my BiS items and be done with it.

  6. #286
    Sorry, I like the idea of loot being a surprise but Corruptions are not my idea of a fun system in that regard OP.

    But sterile, 'same' loot is what people claim to want most again so that's what's happening.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Battle for Adequacy.
    This is great lol. If Blizz only went with such naming conventions people wouldn't be so let down. Screw hype trains, hop on the apathy bike. Battle for Adequacy: We never promised you a pony. Cover image of Holinka giving us the finger.

  8. #288
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    After watching countless amounts of Shadowlands footage, I have one takeaway from it all;

    LOOT IS BORING.

    There is no longer any fun in receiving loot. No excitement in what might happen upon receiving it. It is so sterile that it feels like it's super sterile.

    This is why I propose that Corruptions should continue in Shadowlands. Corruptions add a HUGE RPG (role-playing-game) element to gear. They are incredibly exciting and nothing feels better than when you get a Twilight Devastation Level 3 on a good piece. Corruptions also puts a HUGE emphasis on COLLECTING GEAR. With Corruptions, it's important to keep pieces of gear in your bag so you can have VARIETY in the sets you wear. Having the ability to swap out Corrupted gear for non-Corrupted pieces so you can play around with your Corruption levels is FREAKING AWESOME. It makes me feel like I'm playing with Vanilla gear, you know, when gear was IMPORTANT.

    I want to see Corruptions continue and I know there are many others like me. I've included a poll so Blizzard can see how many others support Corruption.
    NO NO NO NO!!

    We need normal tier pieces back with a BiS list, and all Azerite gears, corruption warforge/titanforge needs to burn in Hell.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  9. #289
    The idea behind corruptions on paper sounds really interesting. The way the system has been executed is, in my view, one of the worst gearing systems I've seen in the game to date. Even Blizzard admited this fact in one of their interviews I recall one of the developers (might have been Ion actually) use the words "we missed the mark pretty hard on corruptions" (I think they were talking about tuning.. cant remember exactly)

    That might sound like hyperbole but I cant think of a time where the actual gearing pusuit has caused me so much frustration

    Yes it's cool to have the random little "present" and the unwrapping to see what you've got is exciting and all that. The problem is there are so many corruptions, many of which are complete garbage, and since most classes/specs are only really interested in 1 specific corruption it's throwaway to get pretty much anything else.

    I agree we need some form of system in SL to make gearing exciting... but corruptions would need to change so drastically to be that system it wouldnt actually be the system the OP is suggesting we keep.

  10. #290
    I'll reiterate that many of the individual corruptions are dumb (the proc ones, mostly) but the idea of impactful gear is anything but.

    Corruption has allowed an amazing nerf of current over time that is very healthy for the game. It is the only way to allow content to challenge Limit et al yet still be accessible by regular people who don't mainline the game - without crushing nerfs, except nerfs feel bad while getting more powerful over time doesn't.

    Also, having 100% crit during burn phases is super mega fun

  11. #291
    Nexus-Prince Azalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Zul'jin_EU
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So in other words you don't like corruption
    I like the concept just not how it's implemented, because we're talking about the concept, aren't we?

    Twitter: @Azapls - Check out my expansion concepts!

  12. #292
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    They used wowhead to find the information on corruptions and whatnot.
    People here don't play the game because they are contrarians by nature. This has always been the case with fringe websites like MMO-Champ.
    Okay, you have the idea that this website is not a very good one to rely on because of an inherent bias in the people who use the site. That is, from the standpoint of any person who tries to create proper polls, a valid concern. It's some combination of too small of a sample size and not properly randomized sample size. The solution to this is to find other populations to poll. Perhaps other websites, or maybe even trying to take polls in the game itself (which would remove the accused problem of people who don't even play saying no to be contrarian, though introduce the other problem of people who quit because of corruption not being able to respond, so just potentially biased in a different way). I truly believe that if you were to broaden the scope of your survey without inserting (intentionally or unintentionally) your own biases that you would find similar, though perhaps not quite as extreme, results in most if not all polls, but I could be wrong. If you truly are interested in the truth of the matter, I suggest you try doing so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •