Poll: Should Blizzard make Battle for Azeroth servers?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Blizzard should release BfA Servers

So once Shadowlands comes around, Battle for Azeroth is going to be done and dusted. This sucks, like really bad. While this expansion has been hated by the very small vocal minority, a lot of people actually love BfA's formula and content. There's been so much awesome stuff so far in BfA and it's gonna suck to have it all disappear.

Blizzard release BfA servers upon Shadowlands launch. I know I'd rather go back to playing 8.0 than ever touch 9.0, considering how shit Shadowlands looks so far. So, do you agree that Blizzard should release BfA servers? Tell me why you think so down below, I love having these community discussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no. Destroy BFA with a Sargeras nuclear strike and let's forget this expansion existed.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

1/10 Nice B8M8

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    So once Shadowlands comes around, Battle for Azeroth is going to be done and dusted. This sucks, like really bad. While this expansion has been hated by the very small vocal minority, a lot of people actually love BfA's formula and content. There's been so much awesome stuff so far in BfA and it's gonna suck to have it all disappear.

Blizzard release BfA servers upon Shadowlands launch. I know I'd rather go back to playing 8.0 than ever touch 9.0, considering how shit Shadowlands looks so far. So, do you agree that Blizzard should release BfA servers? Tell me why you think so down below, I love having these community discussions.
    Stop being delusional.

Well if they continue the trend and release TBC servers, well, eventually we'll get WoD and BfA too I suppose.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll still be able to do BfA's content in Shadowlands and BfA's "formula" of Azerite Armour and Corruptions have overwhelming negatively received even by those who fleetingly enjoyed them for a bit when they were first introduced.

No they shouldn't have BfA only servers.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

So far, to me at least, Shadowlands looks like a fixed version of BFA in a better setting. I'm not sure why anyone would ask for this, especially as the best way to do it would be in about 15 years via classic.

If you are so strongly set on being special, you could simply just not upgrade your account and stay playing at lvl50 until 10.0 comes out.

While this expansion has been hated by the very small vocal minority, a lot of people actually love BfA's formula and content.

Just LOL and million times LOL. Azerite sucks, corruption, borrowed powers suck, island exp sucks, warfronts suck, PVP is just trash now, storytelling is the worst ever. What blizz should do is that delete BFA totally and say that we go from Legion to shadowlands

I stopped reading when they said "shadowlands looks shit so far" yeah i thought the same thing until i seen how they were doing leveling, how classes were going back to being unique, and dropping the overburdening level cap of 120 down to 60. If you want bfa servers go play private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    While this expansion has been hated by the very small vocal minority, a lot of people actually love BfA's formula and content.

Just LOL and million times LOL. Azerite sucks, corruption, borrowed powers suck, island exp sucks, warfronts suck, PVP is just trash now, storytelling is the worst ever. What blizz should do is that delete BFA totally and say that we go from Legion to shadowlands
    Everyone said the same about every single expansion. Check the forum, the threads are still up. People never stop complaining. Next year Bfa will be the great expansion before shadowlands is the worst expansion ever. Always the same trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Everyone said the same about every single expansion. Check the forum, the threads are still up. People never stop complaining. Next year Bfa will be the great expansion before shadowlands is the worst expansion ever. Always the same trash.
    This.

/10char

Is this what they call "Stockholm Syndrome" ?

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-12 at 07:39 PM.

Personally I did like BfA at launch, levelling for me was fun and I enjoyed the story. End game was absolutely shite though imo. Dungeons and raids were ok, but AP, corruption, warfronts and islands, which were meant to be the main exciting points of this expansion, were terrible. Islands were repetitive and boring, Warfronts had so much potential, but got wasted massively. I personally would have much preferred them being a 5 man dungeon, with the NPC's and choices of upgrades you got controlling the fight with players only collecting resources and helping out in battles where they were required.

AP just needed to die in a fire at the end of Legion, we had an entire expac of grinding borrowed power, why we needed another grind of the same thing with even worse rewards I don't know. Add on top of that Azerite gear that for a long while actually got weaker each time you got an upgrade until you unlocked the traits again and it was just a terrible system.

Then came corruption, which was supposed to be the fix for Azerite gear being so bad and it was just as bad if not worse. Got an item with a power corruption? Congrats, you now do 30% more damage, but any upgrades for that piece need that same corruption or it's worthless. Didn't get the corruption effect you wanted? Well too bad, now you do less damage than someone with worse gear than you, but who luckily got that effect you wanted. Not to mention healers, god those poor bastards having to deal with dungeon affixes AND people with too much corruption taking insane amounts of damage and then being shouted at for not healing enough.

Overall, BfA has been a tragedy of good concepts with terrible execution. On the other hand, Shadowlands so far is looking far more promising. There's a few unbalanced things in the alpha, which of course there's going to be, but the core mechanics and concepts of the expansion look far more solid and well thought out than anything in BfA.

That all said, would I ever want a BfA only server? Hellllllll noooooooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    So once Shadowlands comes around, Battle for Azeroth is going to be done and dusted. This sucks, like really bad. While this expansion has been hated by the very small vocal minority, a lot of people actually love BfA's formula and content.
    I think servers for old content/expansions are made to be somewhat profitable, and all that work just so 3 people can enjoy BFA again is not worth it. Maybe in 7+ years when we have TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion servers.

the real content of BFA (read collectable fluff) is staying , the godawful systems have to be purged to make way to more godawful systems. Sorry it's the company's policy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lolwut?

I have never heard anyone i know that actualy likes BFA.
    This xpac has been a shitfest from the start.

Hope this garbage xpac is over soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. BFA had it's time and now we can move onto Shadowlands. Besides, what left is there to do in BFA besides being a completionist?

I also loathe the BFA loot system. Looking forward to Shadowlands personally and will take a hard pass on any form of BFA servers.

If you really want BFA then you can wait until it gets released on the classic servers.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

7+ Year Old Account
    .... I think you will survive having to wait some years for a possible BFA server. You have been playing BFA for some years now, so a little break would not be bad.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.