Poll: Do you want Corruption in Shadowlands?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But it is true. Your insults towards people who disagree with you prove it.
    There is nothing to disagree with. I insulted you because every response you've typed to me was drivel. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over again without ever once debating the point I made.

Any competent player of any game ever made would agree that a tank- class, spec, whatever- should not be topping the damage meter in any meaningful content. It's terrible game design.

Please provide me an argument to the contrary. If you cannot, you're just trolling with this "sole arbiter" nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    The very first page had a comment about 'gypsies' having a 'thievery culture' so I knew this thread was gonna be a ride. Didn't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

Overwhelmingly a no lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I can't think of any single mechanic that would put me off playing Shadowlands more than corruption continuing on gear. It's a fucking awful system. Sure, now you can buy it it's a bit better, but it's still a bad system. Damage should come from abilities and gear itself, not from some affix that suddenly means you gain 30% more damage just from having it and if you ever want to replace that gear piece you need to get it with that affix again.

Fuckkkkkkkkk corruption honestly. I can't wait for it to be gone and gear to just be gear again. Bring back WF/TF before corruption imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad the matter is settled and confirmed by Ion, "Let gear be gear again" Done with stupid features like WF/TF/Corruption. Goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoxas View Post
    I'm ok with corruption right now, even if its insanely imbalanced and destroying the game.

However I want it completely erased come shadowlands. This system has way too many RNG elements and you have zero control over it.

I want gear to matter again. I want skill to matter again.
    It will, Ion already confirmed that they're removing proc based systems from gear.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Corruptions fit with the theme of the patch. I'm not sure i'd want the current iteration of corrupted gear, but I would like it worked on to see what people can come up with. Maybe getting a piece of gear with locked traits, that would permanently unlock after doing other related content to where you got that gear.

Getting loot for the first time - base item.
    1st "corrupted trait" of what ever people want to call it - has a chance to increase your run speed (kill blank amount of mobs in the area you got the loot)
    2nd trait - damage/healing increased by x% when in a dungeon (clear x dungeon on this difficulty)
    3rd trait - damage/healing increased by x% when in a dungeon (kill X boss so many times)

They don't have to be huge game changing traits just nice little bonuses like teir used to be

I'm not sure I've seen a more lopsided poll. So much for " many ".

It's a system that could work, but it would need to have some serious work done to it and I don't think Blizzard was that pleased with its outcome. They basically threw an expansion idea out there to see if it worked and it just had way too many problems to mess with.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen a more lopsided poll. So much for " many ".
    Polls historically are inaccurate on what the populace generally believes anyway. You'll see in time that people will be clamouring for corruption to return.

Gentlemen, there is one answer to this, and Ion already gave it. Let Loot Be Loot.

I propose the following thought/social experiment:

Think, or ask around, what are the most iconic items from each expansion ppl remember. I'll start

Vanilla: A whole myriad of items. Choker of the Fire Lord, DFT (Drake Fang Talisman), Elementium Reinforced Bulwark, Crown of Destruction, Ash'Kandi, Neltharion's Tear, Sulfuras, Kalimdor's Revenge, Dark Edge of Insanity, GM/HW gear from Rank 14, Corrupted Ashbringer, End of Dreams, Spire of Twilight, Hammer of the Twisting Nether, Ati'Esh, Thunderfury...and many more.

TBC: Warglaives of Azzinoth, Cursed Vision of Sargeras, Dragonspine Trophy, Shadowmoon Insignia, Memento of Tyrande, Black Bow of the Betrayer, Thori'Dal, Pillar of Ferocity, Vengeful/Merciless Gladiator's gear....the list goes on.

WOTLK: Here we start to lose it. Deathbringer's Will, Ranger-General's polearm (not called that, exactly), Shadowmourne, Super Simian Sphere, Precious' Ribbon, that Armor Pen trinket from Halls of Reflection, I guess Quel'Delar...that's it =/

Cataclysm: Gur'thalak, the OP 2hander from Deathwing, and Staff of Unleashed Fury, the Druid/Hunter weap that made you bigger, Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest and Fangs of the Father. I honestly can't remember any others.

MOP: Other than legendary cloak? Can't remember jack shit. This was the part where the whole "Agility/Strength/Intellect, Stamina, Mastery/Haste/Critical/Expertise/Hit" formula got introduced. The moment gear stopped giving unique stats, unique procs, and all that mattered was simply "What stat-combo does it give? Oh, my class stacks Crit/Mastery, this doesn't give Crit/Mastery? It's bad for me" I honestly cannot remember any item by name, except Spear of Xuen (archaeology 463 weapon that I used for months cause I'm unlucky with weapon drops) and Gao-Rei, the feral staff from the first tier of MOP raiding that took the legendary-gem in it, the Sha Crystal.

WOD: Didn't play alot of WOD, only the tail-end, don't remember a single item from WOD, except the legendary ring.

Legion: Arcanocrystal (for its own reasons)....and my 4 artifact weapons? That's it.

BFA: Only played 3 weeks of it, expansion is not over, cannot judge.

Do you see the point I'm trying to make, gentlemen? When gear was GEAR, people knew it. Neltharion's Tear will always be remembered as the broken caster trinket that gave you PLUS TWO PER CENT HIT CHANCE with spells. Band of Accuria, same thing, for the melee. Cursed Vision of Sargeras? People still farm that for the transmog option, like many other TBC-era items. These items had character. They were unique. I compared the M+0 available weapons that I had to me now in BFA, and what do I see?

Exactly the same minimum dmg, maximum dmg, +agi, +stamina on all 4 2hander weapons that I can use. What changes? One is Crit/Versa, the other is Versa/Mastery, the 3rd is Crit/Haste and the 4th is Haste/Mastery. I do not remember them by name.

By contrast, I STILL remember my weapon progress during TBC as a bear tank. Earthwarden from CE Exalted > Terestrian's Stranglestaff from Kara > Wildfury Greatstaff from SSC > Pillar of Ferocity from Mount Hyjal and last but not least, the Staff that I never got from Eredar Twins in SWP, so I don't remember its name, I just know it exists and I never got it :P.

I honestly believe, as shown by my personal anecdotal example, that gear in vanilla-TBC-WOTLK era was at its best. The moment items stopped being unique and started being a literal checklist (Does this raid have Versa/Mastery bracers/belt/pants/gloves/boots? yes/no), items lost their character and their flair. It's quite saddening tbh.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-06-13 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I can't think of any single mechanic that would put me off playing Shadowlands more than corruption continuing on gear. It's a fucking awful system. Sure, now you can buy it it's a bit better, but it's still a bad system. Damage should come from abilities and gear itself, not from some affix that suddenly means you gain 30% more damage just from having it and if you ever want to replace that gear piece you need to get it with that affix again.

Fuckkkkkkkkk corruption honestly. I can't wait for it to be gone and gear to just be gear again. Bring back WF/TF before corruption imo.
    No no no, bring back normal gearing like before the ToT raid(even though, thunderforging was actually served with a purpose. None of todays RNG increases are).

I don't want any of that oh look I went into the instance once and looted my BiS while another poor soul is forced to spend 30 tries on it. F that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    WOD: Didn't play alot of WOD, only the tail-end, don't remember a single item from WOD, except the legendary ring.
    Not to undermine your point, but the Class specific trinkets from Archimonde were straight nuts and the first time we've received class specific trinkets since TBC.

Fuck no.

No to gear that kills you with passive effects because you got "too much of an upgrade".
    No to rng procs where 1 pull you do 20-25% more damage than another and not because you fucked rotation on one but because stars / td didn't proc at opportune moments.
    No to being forced to wear items 30ilvls lower because they give 9% mastery buff or some shit.
    No to being steamrolled in pvp by random procs from gear like gushing wounds.
    No to having to pile endless pieces of loot in the bank in case x corruption gets nerfed (hello echoing void, and several others).
    No to alts being completely worthless even if they obtain the ilvl (because they don't have essences and corruptions and hey both share the same currency so buying one prevents you from buying another until you complete an endless grind).

This whole wartitanforge and corruption made me feel I was playing Diablo, not WOW. I have no intention to grind item, then ancient item, then primal ancient, then pristine primal ancient, then godforged titantwisted corrupted upside down item, etc. etc. The loot grind curve has too many steps in it, in result nothing feels exciting because getting "good" item reminds you that you didn't get "good item with socket, tertiary, corruption, titanforge and whatever else cherry on top". So 99% of loot feels shit.

When the value of loot became so muddled, watered down and impossible to discern without sims and other 3rd party tools, we went as far away from RPG experience as we could. RPG is when you feel "ha, cool magic sword dropped, now my character will become more powerful" and not when "lemme just plug this into a supercomputer that will calculate whether this is a 0.5% upgrade or a 0.2% downgrade, I certainly don't know".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    the Class specific trinkets from Archimonde were straight nuts
    Unless you played MM hunter or Frost dk and cried inside that Santa Blizz gave you a coal this year. Pretty sure few other specs felt that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    No no no, bring back normal gearing like before the ToT raid(even though, thunderforging was actually served with a purpose. None of todays RNG increases are).

I don't want any of that oh look I went into the instance once and looted my BiS while another poor soul is forced to spend 30 tries on it. F that.
    Oh, I wasn't asking for WF/TF to actually come back, I just meant corruption is THAT BAD I'd rather have WF/TF than corruption. Of course, I'd rather have neither

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Unless you played MM hunter or Frost dk and cried inside that Santa Blizz gave you a coal this year. Pretty sure few other specs felt that way too.
    Unless that was the case for the majority of specs (which i doubt), then i don't think that undermines the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Fuck no.

No to gear that kills you with passive effects because you got "too much of an upgrade".
    No to rng procs where 1 pull you do 20-25% more damage than another and not because you fucked rotation on one but because stars / td didn't proc at opportune moments.
    No to being forced to wear items 30ilvls lower because they give 9% mastery buff or some shit.
    No to being steamrolled in pvp by random procs from gear like gushing wounds.
    No to having to pile endless pieces of loot in the bank in case x corruption gets nerfed (hello echoing void, and several others).
    No to alts being completely worthless even if they obtain the ilvl (because they don't have essences and corruptions and hey both share the same currency so buying one prevents you from buying another until you complete an endless grind).

This whole wartitanforge and corruption made me feel I was playing Diablo, not WOW. I have no intention to grind item, then ancient item, then primal ancient, then pristine primal ancient, then godforged titantwisted corrupted upside down item, etc. etc. The loot grind curve has too many steps in it, in result nothing feels exciting because getting "good" item reminds you that you didn't get "good item with socket, tertiary, corruption, titanforge and whatever else cherry on top". So 99% of loot feels shit.

When the value of loot became so muddled, watered down and impossible to discern without sims and other 3rd party tools, we went as far away from RPG experience as we could. RPG is when you feel "ha, cool magic sword dropped, now my character will become more powerful" and not when "lemme just plug this into a supercomputer that will calculate whether this is a 0.5% upgrade or a 0.2% downgrade, I certainly don't know".

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to write up an essay along the same points but it devolved into a ramble.

Very good points and I wholeheartedly agree Marrilaife.
    @Dalinos

It was a quote to you. But all I really wanted to say at you was that the mindlessness and forgetfulness of loot didn't start in MoP per say. But more along the lines in Legion when dungeon grinds became a patchly thing. It's what made it go from stupid to retarded. My opinion.

And they should backtrack it all. You just made MoP sound as if it was a bad expac, it wasn't it was really good, and I enjoyed it a lot. Thunderforging did piss me off from day 1 cuz I was in a 10 man but it was kinda ok and acceptable because it had a reason to incentivise 25-man but after the SoO debackle and Flex came in, it all lost its point. And ever since, it's been stupid. But that was the prepatch to WoD. And that is in the context of the raids.

Dungeons went to shit(even though Legion actually was well done) in legion. Legion at least had content and classes were fun to play.

BFA is an all-round shitter. GCD change is still bugging me for example. It was basically made to make us feel like shit I'm pretty sure, so as soon as they revert it again, we'd be like, "oh awesome". (I kind of get it why they are doing it though as a business)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Polls historically are inaccurate on what the populace generally believes anyway. You'll see in time that people will be clamouring for corruption to return.
    Yea...no. That's not how that works.

Look man, if Ion himself even said let loot be loot, then maybe its time to realize when you are on the wrong side of a bad equation. I don't know what you were expecting here. If people agreed with you, the poll wouldn't be so lopsided as it currently is. No matter what rhetoric you choose to spin your narrative on, corruption giving unheard-of player power spikes in just one patch isn't ideally healthy for the state of this game. And you want this absurd levels of power to continue on in a future expansion? I question whether you actually have the health of the game in mind. You can choose to die on this hill that you are defending, but you have to realize that not everyone thinks like you do and that doesn't make their opinion any less valid than yours just because you refuse to accept them.

Most people on MMO-Champion are anti-Ion and don't play the game though. The results are going to be heavily biased as a result.
    Let me ask you this - if most people on MMO-Champ don't play the game (as you claim) but somehow magically know about the different corruptions and the intricacies on how they flow and function for each spec, then perhaps they do play (or have played) the game?

Hell I'll even entertain your idea that most people here don't play the game currently: If most don't play the game, why do you think that is? Barring that life gets in the way (which is understandable), could it be because they are simply unhappy with the state of the game?
    Last edited by Mongler; 2020-06-14 at 11:32 AM.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

After reading your post and checking the survey. One this is clear to me. OP is really really dumb.

Corruption is so bad it makes TF/WF look half decent. That is just plain sad. I'm already so burnt out on corruptions that I'm considering passing on SL. If they confirmed anything like corruptions or the terrible grinds in Battle for Adequacy I can confirm my status of skipping SL.
    Last edited by Maquegyver; 2020-06-14 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    Let me ask you this - if most people on MMO-Champ don't play the game (as you claim) but somehow magically know about the different corruptions and the intricacies on how they flow and function for each spec, then perhaps they do play (or have played) the game?

Hell I'll even entertain your idea that most people here don't play the game currently: If most don't play the game, why do you think that is? Barring that life gets in the way (which is understandable), could it be because they are simply unhappy with the state of the game?

They used wowhead to find the information on corruptions and whatnot.
    People here don't play the game because they are contrarians by nature. This has always been the case with fringe websites like MMO-Champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like corruptions as long as they're not so absurdly impactful and there's a hell lot more agency on how you get them.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I like corruptions as long as they're not so absurdly impactful and there's a hell lot more agency on how you get them.
    So in other words you don't like corruption

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you.
    I want to farm my BiS items and be done with it.