Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Most rare? Flourescent Green Mechanostrider. Only one in the game ever.
    Most presitigous? Has to be Black Qiraji Battle Tank. One per realm from a very long and involved quest chain.
    Most cool? Swift Spectral Tiger tied with Swift Zulian Tiger.

The first two are pretty objective. The coolest is purely subjective. I like tiger mounts and I like those ones the most.
    What else could measure prestige? Because you could argue it's just the latest cutting edge mount.
    The black war tank isn't more prestigious than any other pure time investment item. Artificial limitation does not create prestige. Yes, it's cool when you see it, but that is not prestige. It's novelty.

OT: The only mounts that actually carry prestige are the current cutting edge mount and the gladiator mounts. Those actually required you to challenge yourself in a way more than just throwing time at it.

As far as desirable goes? Ask 10 people, and you'll get 11 answers.

Iconic? I dunno. That's a weird question to answer. It really has nothing to do with rarity. It would probably be someone's mount. Best answer would probably be Al'ar purely because of how obnoxious it is.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2020-06-08 at 03:03 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait your telling me my zebra mount is mega rare lol? For me the most prestigious mounts are the glad mounts, takes extreme skill dedication to get one of those and the tribute mounts because again dedication and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    You'll have to forgive me for not giving a damn what someone who doesn't even know what a copyright is has to say on, well, just about any topic.
    Well - that's random, to whom are you referring?
    Also - what does it have to do with the statistics (i.e. facts) on what the rarest mounts are ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taylorbro View Post
    Wait your telling me my zebra mount is mega rare lol? For me the most prestigious mounts are the glad mounts,
    Prestigious is a different question to rare. They aren't the same question.

10,000 people could have earned a prestigious mount by being really good.
    But another mount might only drop once per server, or have only dropped in the first 6 months of WoW or what ever - they would be the rarest mounts.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Gladiator mounts are the most prestigious (and current tier mythic raid mounts) as they showcase your skill.

There is nothing prestigious about random drops, no matter how rare. It only showcases you got lucky or have too much free time to waste.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the mounts that drop from Love is in the Air and Halloween events
    the mounts you get from the 100 Exalted Reps and You've Been Waiting a Long Time for This achievements
    any of the mounts from MoP/WoD world bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean working for that money and spend it on the mount would be the way, way, way lesser time investment...
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    It doesn't exist I tell you.

I have ~200 kills per character, on 10 characters, and not a sniff.
    Wowhead doesn't even have a drop chance. It's way below 1%, something like 0,33% inside a 25% personal loot bracket or so.
    Going to work to get 1200$ and then buy tokens is way, way, WAYYYYY less time spent than farming it on multiple characters, you are absolutely right there But then you have to get lucky again... by spotting it on AH and maxing the buyout before somebody else does.

most iconic would be ashes of alar, and if mount speed was still unique to mount it would still be today

I think I'll just end the thread here with Archdruid's Lunar Flight Form.

It's instant.
    It's a 2-seater.
    You can herb in it without shifting out of form.

Mechanically, Archdruid's FF is THE best mount in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    most iconic would be ashes of alar, and if mount speed was still unique to mount it would still be today
    A bunch of 310%'ers existed before they removed the concept of "This is a VERY fast mount". Naxx-Ulduar-ICC meta-achievement mounts, Violet Proto-Drake, Gladiator mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about collecting mounts, or haven't since mid Wotlk. I don't really care what mounts people have or how hard they worked for them, for the most part. But, what will make me turn my head is if I see someone on the black qiraji or a gladiator mount.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jainas water elemental mount its nice,
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It wasn't hard to get back in the days, but I love popping up my Amani War Bear any time people use that cheap ripoff.

Prestigous? The ones you can't get anymore or the latest high-end ones that just became available (before they are sold)
    Coolest? Depends on my current mog.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Wowhead doesn't even have a drop chance. It's way below 1%, something like 0,33% inside a 25% personal loot bracket or so.
    Going to work to get 1200$ and then buy tokens is way, way, WAYYYYY less time spent than farming it on multiple characters, you are absolutely right there But then you have to get lucky again... by spotting it on AH and maxing the buyout before somebody else does.
    It's 1/2000 or 0,05%

Back in a day when mounts were a thing that costed an arm and a leg every single one was a mark of prestige. Not everyone who got to max level could afford swift mount so seeing one was a sight to behold. Then BC came and flying mounts. Having a ground mount was something, owning flying one was even greater.

From there things went downhill. Even rare ones like Ashes of A'lar or Invincible are a common sight. Few years back having one or two mounts you felt special, now we have hundreds of mounts, many special and rare ones included.

In terms of prestige I'd say - those unobtainable or limited time offer. The rest? Even the rarest and most elusive to drop will finally drop so they loose their flair. I remember one guy - he claimed the best mount in game was Ashes since he got them as one of few. When it was farmable and people started getting it and it was quite common sight it lost it's bling bling factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent.

2372 attempts and counting, since my addon started counting. (so more in reality).
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I'd throw in with the Black Qiraji Black Bug Mount, too. IMO it's eye-catching, makes you stop and ask what that was that just road past you -- but there's no way to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate;52408272,
    . As a sidenote, I find it amusing that so many people recognize the Sha mount, while they seem to be unaware of the other 3 mop world boss mount drops that are of equal rarity. Maybe it's because Sha was added to the game first? .

That's solely based on how desirable the mount is. First of all, it's instantly recognisable, the Oondasta and Galeon mounts are really boring and don't stand out - and they can't fly, which is a big downside. The Nalak mount is the same flying serpet, but I never see the same amount of people waiting for Nalak to spawn.

You can fly to Kunlai Summit and there will be tons and tons of people just waiting for the thing to spawn. It's just more popular. Of course the true dedicated mount farmer will fly to all 4 bosses, but the more casual farmers who just want a cool mount choose Sha of Anger.

definitely the honor level 500 mount

Spectral tiger

Yet to see the honor level 500 mount, so that'd be the most rare and prestigious (depending how you look at prestige) of the currently obtainable mounts in my opinion. It also has a completely unique model at the moment, so that helps too.

Otherwise I'd consider gladiator mounts the most prestigious, but since they were changed to be rewarded to anyone hitting 2400 rating rather than be an end of season reward, they're a little less prestigious than they used to be.

Given the Nazjatar meta is practically a 3 month grind, the crab mount also seems to be very rare. In any case I rarely see it used, but it looks pretty great in my opinion. Unfortunately doesn't really match a lot of transmogs, so I don't use it much myself either.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*