Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What kind of personality do the players have that camp low level hubs?

Recently leveled the 15th char (or sth) and quested a little in Redridge and Duskwood. Saw attack in local defense channel. Relogged to my main DH and saw hordes ganking in Lakeshire and Darkshire. Killed some of them.
    I was just asking myself, what kind of personality do you need to have to spend several hours of your life time in a low level hub and wait there to gank low level players?
    It's no biggie you can just log to your main and kill them but I was just wondering... what personality do those people have?
    Are they just regular normal human characters? Or do you think they have mental problems? Are they just bored?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Recently leveled the 15th char (or sth) and quested a little in Redridge and Duskwood. Saw attack in local defense channel. Relogged to my main DH and saw hordes ganking in Lakeshire and Darkshire. Killed some of them.
    I was just asking myself, what kind of personality do you need to have to spend several hours of your life time in a low level hub and wait there to gank low level players?
    It's no biggie you can just log to your main and kill them but I was just wondering... what personality do those people have?
    Are they just regular normal human characters? Or do you think they have mental problems? Are they just bored?
    I dont know, i dont do that, but i guess they are bored and see it as a chance to either have fun with causing troubles to lowbies or waiting for mains to come

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they have mental problems. Seriously. No offense or somthing =) I really think this is an indication of mental health problems. I feel a little sad for them
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I think they have mental problems. Seriously. No offense or somthing =) I really think this is an indication of mental health problems. I feel a little sad for them
    They are bored kids,i remember doing that in tbc when i was 16,then i grew up and it stoped being fun

Depends. What you describe sounds like the classic plot to create world PvP. It worked. You logged on your main. That's fine.

However true griefers, there is obvious mental instability there.

They are just bored Let people have their fun.
    You can always turn warmode off when ganks are being annoying.
    I would rather stay in town and afk than gank lowies tho.

Doing whatever in the game does not have more or less meaning than anything else you can do in the game.

If this is how they pass time, it's on them. The game always allowed this and it has been an ongoing activity since the beginning of time.

I personally don't PvP outside of the occasional call to arms massacre but I won't be calling PvP players degenerates or mentally disabled just because I do not agree with their preferred activity in the game.
    Same goes for mount collectors, pet battlers or transmog farmers.
    It's their business.

you think? I remember few months ago I leveled up a void elf warrior and there were around 4-5 horde players in STV, camping there for about an hour until I gave up going there and logged out. I did some IRL stuff, got back in game after like 12 hours thinking they are gone, to my surprise they were still there, the same, EXACT 4 players. for more than 12 hours they were there camping low level players occasionally passing by.

I mean most of us killed low level enemy players here and there at some point but imagine standing still at one point one shoting low level players who are going about their business for 14 or god knows however more hours in a day.

I made a character in that realm and I was honestly curious if this guy is ok! and his whole mentality was that "he is better than me because he killed me and Im butt burned."

There's plenty of explanations - mental health issues, sociophaty, no friends and unsuccessful lives. They certainly aren't "waiting for lowbies to bring their mains" when they could simply play a BG or go to max level zones and have geared characters to PvP with at the ready.
    Could be pure malice, as well. But you're clearly not normal if you're "having fun" doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Same goes for mount collectors, pet battlers or transmog farmers.
    It's their business.
    The difference is those things don't impact the other players' game in any way. Griefing does, and so it's not really just their business. And yeah, I know the ultimate argument here - "don't like it, go PvE".
    Last edited by Airlick; 2020-06-07 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

They probably lack confidence, have no real social circle outside on WoW and have at least some form of inferiority complex. Ganking lowbies most be a result of being bored in WoW. Most other players do something else than playing WoW, yet those players decided to do a rewardless form of PvP. But against opponents of the same level you have the chance of losing. So, by ganking lowbies you can feel some accomplishment, because you technically killed an enemy player, but you don't have to suffer pushback.

Probably they don't have fun with the game anymore, but have nothing else to do. So they make it their missions to deprive other players of their fun, so that the others have to "suffer" the same way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    There's plenty of explanations - mental health issues, sociophaty, no friends and unsuccessful lives. They certainly aren't "waiting for lowbies to bring their mains" when they could simply play a BG or go to max level zones and have geared characters to PvP with at the ready.
    Could be pure malice, as well. But you're clearly not normal if you're "having fun" doing this.

The difference is those things don't impact the other players' game in any way. Griefing does, and so it's not really just their business. And yeah, I know the ultimate argument here - "don't like it, go PvE".
    Oh no, someone is hurting the other faction in a game where you are supposed to hurt the other faction? How can it be?

"mental health issues, sociophaty, no friends and unsuccessful lives" - I am sure ganking low levels automatically means you are all these things by default. In fact, if I dare kill someone below max level I should hang myself right there and then I suppose as my life is already a failure.

Unless you actually conduct a study that links any of those things to low-level ganking in WoW all you are doing is saying pretty fckin awful stuff about people cuz you died twice while doing a quest.

"These people have fun doing something I don't find fun. They must have a mental problem."
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

You are taking this a bit too serious. You have tools to stop this by yourself, if you want to be killed repeatedly for 10-30% more experience then it is your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

I hate using this term but you're honestly a snowflake. You chose to play a game called World of WARcraft, presumably on a PvP server, and then if PvP happens and it isn't under the specific conditions which you find acceptable, it's "griefing". No, it's PvP, you're just sensitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    They are bored kids,i remember doing that in tbc when i was 16,then i grew up and it stoped being fun
    This. Kids do the darndest things.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This. Kids do the darndest things.
    If only it were just kids. There are adults who do it intentionally because they want to force a long OWPvP session. They keep camping and don't stop until they get what they want. This is what happens when there are no proper OWPvP system in place yet there are OWPvP flagging. The victims are always lowbies.
    Last edited by BrintoSFJ; 2020-06-07 at 08:30 PM. Reason: mistake
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Munchkins who artificially inflate their own self worth by telling themselves they're so bad ass by one shotting these people?

If there is anything I've learned on the net is that anyone can easily believe the lies they tell themselves.

Mental health is a very low priority in the US...

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm no don't get me wrong. I love PvP. It's great. A competetive player engaging someone else. It's cool. I often watch arena games. I love it.
    It's just... I don't understand why you would waste your life time and gank insects? Do those people also stand still and wait for some flies to pass by IRL and squash them?

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Oh no, someone is hurting the other faction in a game where you are supposed to hurt the other faction? How can it be?

"mental health issues, sociophaty, no friends and unsuccessful lives" - I am sure ganking low levels automatically means you are all these things by default. In fact, if I dare kill someone below max level I should hang myself right there and then I suppose as my life is already a failure.

Unless you actually conduct a study that links any of those things to low-level ganking in WoW all you are doing is saying pretty fckin awful stuff about people cuz you died twice while doing a quest.
    I'm not saying you're any of that if you happened to stop to 1-shot a lowbie on your way somewhere once in a while. I never did that, personally (unless I saw them attacking someone much lower level or grouping up against lowbies, and that was instant karma for them), but I don't think anyone has a problem with that. I know I don't. But if you spend hours on end griefing in a low level zone, then I'm sorry, but there IS something wrong with you. If that makes you feel better, another explanation might be you had a bad day and are out to make someone else's day equally bad if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    They probably lack confidence, have no real social circle outside on WoW and have at least some form of inferiority complex. Ganking lowbies most be a result of being bored in WoW. Most other players do something else than playing WoW, yet those players decided to do a rewardless form of PvP. But against opponents of the same level you have the chance of losing. So, by ganking lowbies you can feel some accomplishment, because you technically killed an enemy player, but you don't have to suffer pushback.

Probably they don't have fun with the game anymore, but have nothing else to do. So they make it their missions to deprive other players of their fun, so that the others have to "suffer" the same way they do.
    Honestly this entire post you made is beyond petty. Attacking a low level place has been in WOW since it was created in 2004. How do you think SS VS TM came to be hmm? Cause were no battlegrounds at the moment so players attacked low level areas and behold it is now a battleground. It has nothing to do with lack of confidence or social circle at all. And to even try to apply that to real life is just pathetic. In actual real sense it is just boredom to kill time or to rile up the enemy faction and get them to chase em or try to kill them. Your logic is nothing but disgusting.