Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You're comparing Apples with Oranges (or rather with Rocks) here. In Vanilla you did not have about 100 times as much life (and damage) as your victim, especially not at the point where battlegrounds were not unlocked. Then you had guards, which to some extend were a menace for the ganker. And since level differences did not matter as much back then, so two lower characters were able to defeat a higher one.

Also you are talking about something entirely different here and you even say it yourself: SS vs TM became a battleground, since there were no other means of PvP.
    1. Now there are many other means to do PvP
    2. Back then it was about the challenge and quickly other players joined to defend. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TODAY AND YOU CANNOT EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN.
    3. Back then you got honor for your kills. Now you get absoulutely nothing
    4. Flying was not a thing, so you could potentially avoid gankers
    5. That behaviour died with the introduction of BGs

If you honestly compare TM vs SS with oneshot killing lowbies today, you are delusional.

And if your solution to your boredom is to grief other players, then you have a problem and are probably addicted to WoW. You could play any other games, if you had other friends even multiplayers ones. You could meet them (okay, depends where you live atm, but in general you could). You could talk with your family. Do anything else than WoW. But you don't. You can't. So you grief other players. And yes, it is griefing, because you have no personal gain. If you want to fight other players, do current content, BGs or Arenas.
    The fact, that you honestly believe, that annoying other people due to your own boredom is okay should be alarming to you. Or you are a child, because that's what children do when they are bored.
    Completely miss the entire point being made. If you reread the post I made you will understand. But since you failed too. Allow me to indulge you. Stated that killing low levels was unsettling to him. I merely stated that it has been happening since 2004 was created and that Southshore and Tarren Mill were born from attacking low level places due to that there were no battleground first implemented in the game. And he is also saying person lacks social life and confidence is just petty as I stated and that griefing is something that has been done in game first came out. In case you have forgotten it's happen a lot on pvp servers and will continue to happen in war mode cause the players choose to be a target by the other faction outside of battlegrounds. If they don't like it they can turn it off. As I said re think the statement I made, than rethink it will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    @Pheraz isnt asking about that. the thread title and his post quite literally asks for the "personalities of people who gank lowbies".

you might not like it. but thats not how a forum works. if you dont want to indulge in the topic that the thread is actually about because you dont like it, you are more than welcome to step out. its an internet forum, absolutely nothing here has any significant pull. if you want to talk about items that are unrelated to the topic at hand then you are just derailing the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    @Pheraz isnt asking about that. the thread title and his post quite literally asks for the "personalities of people who gank lowbies".

you might not like it. but thats not how a forum works. if you dont want to indulge in the topic that the thread is actually about because you dont like it, you are more than welcome to step out. its an internet forum, absolutely nothing here has any significant pull. if you want to talk about items that are unrelated to the topic at hand then you are just derailing the thread.
    You are forgetting that the OP accused such people of being mentally ill. That is a very serious statement.
    You yourself claimed that high levels that gank low leves "have issues in their cranium".
    I will not let such claims stand and have argued against them.
    If you can't accept that your arguments are met by counter-arguments you are welcome to step out of this thread.

I showed you and the OP by quoting Blizzard's stance on pvp that there is no "right" or "wrong" in world pvp.
    Blizzard does not consider any way of doing "pvp" to be wrong, neither ganking or camping is wrong according to Blizzard.

Therefore the whole argument that there is something wrong with those people is moot. They are playing a game, within the ruleset provided by Blizzard.

If you and the OP would refrain from accusations of mental illness and such then I would happy to stay away, but such accusations can't stand without counter arguments.

I have shown, by quoting Blizzard's policy on pvp/War Mode and what Blizzard says what you should do if you don't enjoy war mode, that those who gank are able to read and understand and those who get ganked and don't enjoy it are unable to read and understand Blizzard's policy.

That at least shows me that those who let themselves get ganked have bigger mental issues.

So pick your words better or I shall stay in this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    You are forgetting that the OP accused such people of being mentally ill. That is a very serious statement.
    You yourself claimed that high levels that gank low leves "have issues in their cranium".
    I will not let such claims stand and have argued against them.
    If you can't accept that your arguments are met by counter-arguments you are welcome to step out of this thread.

I showed you and the OP by quoting Blizzard's stance on pvp that there is no "right" or "wrong" in world pvp.
    Blizzard does not consider any way of doing "pvp" to be wrong, neither ganking or camping is wrong according to Blizzard.

Therefore the whole argument that there is something wrong with those people is moot. They are playing a game, within the ruleset provided by Blizzard.

If you and the OP would refrain from accusations of mental illness and such then I would happy to stay away, but such accusations can't stand without counter arguments.

I have shown, by quoting Blizzard's policy on pvp/War Mode and what Blizzard says what you should do if you don't enjoy war mode, that those who gank are able to read and understand and those who get ganked and don't enjoy it are unable to read and understand Blizzard's policy.

That at least shows me that those who let themselves get ganked have bigger mental issues.

So pick your words better or I shall stay in this thread.
    I said that I think this. Not that it's a fact. I'm not educated enough in this area to make a qualified analysis of people's mental health regarding their interpretation of warmode.
    It's my opinion and nothing more. And it could be a total crap opinion
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I enjoy your replies for sure because they are not trying to fight a fight in an online forum.

Actually all your examples could be interpreted as being people that are a little bit weird don't you think? Ofc it's not that simple. That's why I am asking
    I think in each scenario i presented, players a choosing a strategy that gives them an advantage over the competition, and in each scenario it is within the rules. Additionally, most if not all of them carry a stigma generated by a section of the community who consider it unsportsmanlike behavior. Another example would be using Shotguns in operation Metro in BF - a strategy that has been shut down on certain servers by having a rule "no shotguns". Certain servers have certain rules as well, and many car games avoid the issue by having categories that limit the cars you can choose for a race. Other games allow you to block certain characters, certain tournaments do this too.

And so does Blizzard - they offer an alternative that completely eliminates this scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's the best answer in this thread and I would make it my sig but then it's too long and I get infractions :/
    You think its the best answer because it creates an echo chamber for you - it aligns with your personal opinion, so it must be right!

- - - Updated - - -

Not that it's a fact. I'm not educated enough in this area to make a qualified analysis of people's mental health regarding their interpretation of warmode.
    Then dont do it? Seems pretty simple to me.

While you guys have been arguing I've been jerking off and killing lowbies in Darkshore for 40 minutes.

Did you come to a conclusion yet?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    While you guys have been arguing I've been jerking off and killing lowbies in Darkshore for 40 minutes.

You mean literally? Or just as a metaphor? Wow... Maybe we should lock this thread
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

You mean literally? Or just as a metaphor? Wow... Maybe we should lock this thread
    Yes man. I've LITERALLY been killing lowbies in Darkshire for 40 minutes,

I felt inspired

Man, I've been doing the same in STV. Wazzuuuup.

That you may or may not have mental issues.
    But you are able to read and understand Blizzard's policy on War Mode.

The lowbies who you have ganked for 40 minutes, while jerking off, are, on the other hand, clearly unable to read and understand Blizzard's policy on War Mode...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes man. I've LITERALLY been killing lowbies in Darkshire for 40 minutes,

I felt inspired
    Crazy world we live in. Hope you had enough papers lying around

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    That you may or may not have mental issues.
    But you are able to read and understand Blizzard's policy on War Mode.

The lowbies who you have ganked for 40 minutes, while jerking off, are, on the other hand, clearly unable to read and understand Blizzard's policy on War Mode...
    'That you may or may not have mental issues' That's like the opposite of a conclusion my dude.

Obviously I wasn't jerking off while playing that'd be gross, but I may or may not be doing it right now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Man, I've been doing the same in STV. Wazzuuuup.
    Aaaay let's goo bud!

15+ Year Old Account
    Now I feel ashamed for creating this thread if the only result is bud and bro jer... I mean ganking together :|
    Maybe there is something productive in everything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    There's plenty of explanations - mental health issues, sociophaty, no friends and unsuccessful lives. They certainly aren't "waiting for lowbies to bring their mains" when they could simply play a BG or go to max level zones and have geared characters to PvP with at the ready.
    Could be pure malice, as well. But you're clearly not normal if you're "having fun" doing this.

The difference is those things don't impact the other players' game in any way. Griefing does, and so it's not really just their business. And yeah, I know the ultimate argument here - "don't like it, go PvE".
    That's why Blizzard allowed you to turn off Warmode. If you don't like the style of open world PVP then turn it off. You can rationalize it any way you want to try and prove a point but at the end of the day you have two choices. On or off.

There's no sympathy anymore desiring the bonuses then turning around and calling people psycho's because you were camped. The argument had some merit when the only option was a server transfer but even then players chose to roll on PVP servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I feel ashamed for creating this thread if the only result is bud and bro jer... I mean ganking together :|
    Well you came here for a confirmation bias and I guess it didn't go your way?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I mean either that or directly calling people mentally retarded might bring some opposition to your bullshit.

I am quite sure if I made a thread calling people mentally disabled it would not reach 5 pages.

Also, off topic, Nozdormu will turn into Murozond later but they need to keep the time stuff on hold so they can make cool time travel stuff later.

One of the weirder threads here. Was this just an attempt to confront these exact people and call them mentally ill? Because it seems awfully like that.

Also, the people getting ganked? Warmode has an off button.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's why Blizzard allowed you to turn off Warmode. If you don't like the style of open world PVP then turn it off. You can rationalize it any way you want to try and prove a point but at the end of the day you have two choices. On or off.

There's no sympathy anymore desiring the bonuses then turning around and calling people psycho's because you were camped. The argument had some merit when the only option was a server transfer but even then players chose to roll on PVP servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you came here for a confirmation bias and I guess it didn't go your way?
    I had enough confirmation bias by several responses.
    Yet, I think, even if I repeated myself several times, it is not clear enough that I don't have any problem with the CONCEPT of warmode. It's that's totally okay to get involved in PvP if you turn on warmode. I just don't get why anyone would choose lowbies as their desired target

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Recently leveled the 15th char (or sth) and quested a little in Redridge and Duskwood. Saw attack in local defense channel. Relogged to my main DH and saw hordes ganking in Lakeshire and Darkshire. Killed some of them.
    I was just asking myself, what kind of personality do you need to have to spend several hours of your life time in a low level hub and wait there to gank low level players?
    It's no biggie you can just log to your main and kill them but I was just wondering... what personality do those people have?
    Are they just regular normal human characters? Or do you think they have mental problems? Are they just bored?
    TBH, they suck at PvP or they would doing PvP at their level.

The majority are probably PvE players in general who are bored and, since they suck at PvP in general, they just camp lowbies. That said, they are not *just* bored...there is some level of sociopathy involved to be doing what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Ganking, while I personally consider it rather gauche, is an activity that hurts no one in the context of an entirely fictional video game. Beyond wasting someone's time (itself a spurious charge in the midst of playing a video game that arguably exists to waste time), no one is really harmed by ganking - and now the activity is entirely controlled by the ones being ganked who can simply opt out of War Mode and go on their merry unbothered by would-be gankers.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I feel like we're missing another big contributing factor... alcohol

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking is just stupid....always been.