Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    Dev's said we should consider them dead, but doesn't flat out say they are dead. Because the Dev's have said to consider them dead and they aren't flat out dead, likely means they don't wanna confirm them as a 100% dead or alive to have the option to reuse them later.
    They have the option to reuse them anyway so that's irrelevant. For now, they're dead until somebody brings them back to life.

    "You should consider them dead" and "They are dead" are the same thing here.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    hmmm no they aren't, more so when neither have confirmed deaths.
    Because you keep ignoring the confirmation, not because there was none.

  3. #23
    High Overlord literallysame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I believe due to there deep connection to the world they are not dead just Defeated I think Nzoth is the only Dead Old gold. since we blasted him with the Ion Cannon But if you look on the wowpedia page
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/C%27Thun
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Yogg-Saron
    Both are listed as "Defeated" not dead, but in Nzoths case
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/N%27Zoth
    He is listed as Dead
    N'Zoth is listed as "Presumed deceased". That doesn't mean he's actually dead dead.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    No that's you, look a few posts up and someone else even linked the wiki's/wowpedia's that say "Defeated" not dead while N'zoth's says dead. You're wrong, accept it kiddo.
    You realize the wikia is run by fans right? They're not "100% fact" and not always updated with new discoveries/retcons.
    No Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

  5. #25
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,984
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    So is Wowwiki. Which countless on here use as a source as well, wowwiki happens to be lacking many updates comapred to wowpedia. So your point loose any ground in trying to discredit what was said cause you don't like it when you yourself have used wowwiki as a source before.

    If you're gonna try and say its not
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoWWiki
    Wowwiki has been outdated since forever and it got abandoned when most people left to go to wowpedia.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    So is Wowwiki. Which countless on here use as a source as well, wowwiki happens to be lacking many updates comapred to wowpedia. So your point loose any ground in trying to discredit what was said cause you don't like it when you yourself have used wowwiki as a source before.

    If you're gonna try and say its not
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoWWiki
    I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I say "wikia" as a general term for all wikis. I wasn't saying anything against or for either of the websites. My point was you shouldn't take terms like "defeated" and "dead" as fact when it's usually the fan's interpretation.

    Also I don't believe I've ever used "wowwiki" on this website. Not sure what's that about.
    No Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

  7. #27
    Nozdormu ("our" Nozdormu) becoming Murozond ("our" Murozond) in our primary timeline will still happen. The Murozond that we faced in Cataclysm was from the future, and I refer to him as "stranger" Murozond. Whether that future is our prime timeline's future or another alternate timeline is left open. I think it is the Murozond (so in my opinion, making him effectively "our" Murozond) from the future of our prime timeline personally.


    Any how, Nozdormu will still become Murozond.


    Would be interesting to see if this "time skip" being implied by Ion Hazzikostas happens and when we come back to Azeroth, Murozond and the Infinite Dragonflight have assaulted.


    But since WoD has left such a bad taste in the majority of player's collective mouths I doubt Blizzard would want to take a chance on an expansion (or content patch) dealing with time travel themes.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-06-08 at 04:44 PM.

  8. #28
    Elemental Lord Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,391
    Time travel is such a tangled web, the paradoxes and loops that come with it are headache-inducing and hardly justify using time travel to begin with, especially when you bring in alternate timelines and universes without proper planning. That Nozdormu must become corrupted and be killed in order to maintain the integrity of the prime timeline, past, present, and future without altering what has happened, and will happen, is a major burden onto itself, both in story-telling and game design. Either we're forced to endure the same encounter and same story, or it never really reaches that point and it's just assumed we will but the story ends before we ever have to.

    On the other side, and Blizzard has been known to do this, screw the past, screw established lore, and let's retcon some things. Murozond/Nozdorumu has potential to be a major character, let's use him and break the timeline. The prime timeline branches out into an alternate timeline, and that alternate timeline is now the prime timeline. Why not?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    That's my point, he himself has used wowwiki as a source in posts and is trying to discredit what was said cause he wants to be right.
    When do I use wowwiki? This is really confusing why you'd think this.
    No Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Eto Demerzel View Post
    Because of a post i just read here, i just remembered about Nozdormu and though about his corruption...

    In Cataclysm it was stated that he was corrupted by the Old Gods, becoming Murozond, and we kill him, but Nozdormu clearly states that this will totally happen again, and he will be corrupted and we will have to defeat him anyway. So... in BfA we killed the last old god... who's gonna corrupt Nozdormu? Or should we take his absence in BfA that is has been alredy become Murozond? Because lets be honest, real timeline seems to have been altered... Nozdormu and the Bronze Dragonflight said several times they are trying to fix the timelines so they become what they should become... and he said he MUST be corrupted and MUST die... but he hasnt... so... are we living in a paralel timeline to the real one?

    TL;DR: What happened to the future where Nozdormu became Murozond, a pawn of the Old Gods? There are no Old Gods anymore, so did we just altered the real timeline?
    pls dont tell me you are the same guy with who i had a long discussion on reddit over this very topic.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    pls dont tell me you are the same guy with who i had a long discussion on reddit over this very topic.
    Eh, hardly doubt it, i just appear every year or so for a couple weeks untill i get tired of some people who cant argue at all and leave...

  12. #32
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...f-Ending/page2

    Old Anduin and Velen are fighting the void in the future, so that intermezzo with the old gods and their corruption of azeroth is just a prelude to the final showdown?

    It does not matter if c'thun, yogg and n'zoth are going to be revived or not, the void is still there corrupting the future by some means, thus Nozdormu's fate is sealed no matter what.

    The void incursions on azeroth certainly do not end with the destruction of some old gods, as long as this Anduin comic is not retconned.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...f-Ending/page2

    Old Anduin and Velen are fighting the void in the future, so that intermezzo with the old gods and their corruption of azeroth is just a prelude to the final showdown?

    It does not matter if c'thun, yogg and n'zoth are going to be revived or not, the void is still there corrupting the future by some means, thus Nozdormu's fate is sealed no matter what.

    The void incursions on azeroth certainly do not end with the destruction of some old gods, as long as this Anduin comic is not retconned.
    Wait for that comic to be said to be from the Titans' perspective, if it hasn't already been retconned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Wait for that comic to be said to be from the Titans' perspective, if it hasn't already been retconned.
    Already stated to be only a possible future almost two years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Already stated to be only a possible future almost two years ago.
    Doesn't have to the exact same Anduin future as in the comic, just the void isn't finished with azeroth is all i want to point out and the old gods destruction do matter little in that regard, the void still has some agents out there, like Xal'atath.

    I mean the alternative would be just light be the enemy as pyromancer is suggesting in his many YT videos.

    The question is how will blizz sell this? A whole expansion of some evil light doers? I don't think that will work.

    Some little content might work like the AU Draenor episode where light is dominating the planet and some scarlet crusade stuff.

  16. #36
    Perhaps it is possible that the Murozond we defeated wasn't even the real Murozond. Maybe he pulled an Eobard Thawn/Reverse Flash, and what we thought was real was actually a temporal echo of the real thing. By biding his time for this long, Murozond could be planning something massive. Such a plan could even lead to his own demise, which is a common mistake to make when attempting to avert your bad future. Instead of preventing it, you ensure it comes to pass (example: Horus from Warhammer 40K).

    Time in the Warcraft universe might also be immutable. Any attempt we make to change something is made redundant because the flow of time will always correct itself. Nozdormu's fall to madness may be, as Doctor Who would say, a fixed point in history. Attempts to change it will be corrected, or might fail entirely.

    I myself had a concept where Murozond goes back in time to when Lei Shen was alive, and helps him conquer the entire world. With his help, Lei Shen would master the Fist of Ra-den, kill Azshara, and build a new palace over the Well of Eternity, among other things. Like Kairoz though, Murozond would get arrogant, fail to see that Lei Shen has an untempered ambition, and get himself enslaved and/or killed.

    But who knows what will happen.

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    Dev's said we should consider them dead, but doesn't flat out say they are dead. Because the Dev's have said to consider them dead and they aren't flat out dead, likely means they don't wanna confirm them as a 100% dead or alive to have the option to reuse them later.
    You're quoting a source that is effectively saying they're as dead as anything can be in World of Warcraft, and the caveat they give applies to every character that has ever died, and then acting like this is proof that they are alive. The Old Gods are not some super special, immortal beings that can never die because peoples headcannon is too strong, they're more big squishy tumors that, as strange as it sounds, can be killed but shouldn't be ripped out of the planet like a turnip (Aman'thul is too wise).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •